Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The design, building and testing of the new IT systems to run the WTO tariffs and rules (once agreed)

i've accepted this argument, however recently been highlighted we import non-EU good on WTO basis. So what systems are currently used and why couldnt they be used for future?

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
Yay, at last a grown up on the thread with different view to me that doesn't call me thick or talk down with knowledge they don't have!!! Thank you sir!

To compare me to Corbyn is a worry!! lol I hate the little weasel.

For what its worth, I think brexit is inevitable. It's going to happen. Will it be pretty. No chance! It's going to be a complete mess, and I can see it being delayed for a year or so, but I am certain it will happen.

As a lifelong Tory, I hoped we had the new Mrs T when May got the job. But the women is an embarrassment, as is the Tory party for leaving her in power when we made such a mess of the last General Election. Surely any one with any sense would not have out this woman in charge of negotiating the buying buying of biscuits for afternoon tea, yet she is still PM, and IMO is challenging Gordon Brown for the worst PM in my 50 or so years, and I never thought I would see that happen.

But whilst I think it will be a mess, I don't think a no deal will be as bad as everyone thinks it will be. I just look at at the panic and lies about what would happen if we voted to leave the EU. Sure the pound dipped, but all the panic and pain that was pridicted to happened straight after the vote didn't. I am sure there is a harsh year or so ahead, but nothing that will be too drastic,

As for the EU, without us I think they are buggered. How long will or can Germany prop it up? Worryingly the far right is starting to get a hold across Europe, and I don't see this reserving when we leave the EU. If fact I think it's going to get a lot worse. How long can it survive off the back of Germany. Germany will want more and more say to keep its people happy, and they will get it. If they become the main or only contributors, they will have to have more power or the far right will continue to gain strength, and we will know how that could end up.

I think its a much wider problem facing Europe that the UK leaving the EU. If we were to remain, I think the EU will still go down, and Germany will rise, but without us I think its going to happen a lot quicker than people.

As for the UK, I think after the first year or so, we will flourish. I don't think we need the EU as much as people think.

As for PM May, the sooner this waste of space is removed the better, but what alternative is there.

What opposition is there!? Corbyn should be miles ahead in the polls right now. Labour would be just as bad, if not worse than the Tory's. That's more of a problem in my eyes than Brexit, the weakness of politics over all. For years the average person view has been suppressed to the point your racist, sexist, or what ever elseist, is you do not agree with the vocal minority. And from that, the far right, or far left (they merge into one if they go far enough) are rising, and that is going to be bad news for everyone.

Off course the country can worry about Brexit, Snowflakes, what Corbyn is wearing, who's going to win big brother, and who is shagging who on Strictly, but under the surface I think there is a timebomb waiting to go off, and it will probably go bang in Europe first, and a lot sooner than people are ready for. Now I've got to get back to work so earn my fortune, so I can **** off South when it all goes Pete Tong.

Your posts and Harry's reply sandwiched in between are the best quality one's I have seen on this thread for a long time. If we could keep the standards like this, I am sure a lot of other considered people would join in, and we may all develop our thinking together (doesn't mean we all have to agree, but thought-through and logical challenges can help develop ones own thoughts).

A nice change from the thoughtless name-calling, non-listening diatribe and insults of some of the regular few. Thanks.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Well they can **** off then
regards
DR

Wonder why he didn't mention the big headlines in Germany?

Bye bye EU.png

Their economy going down the toilet.

Jan 30, 2008
Your posts and Harry's reply sandwiched in between are the best quality one's I have seen on this thread for a long time. If we could keep the standards like this, I am sure a lot of other considered people would join in, and we may all develop our thinking together (doesn't mean we all have to agree, but thought-through and logical challenges can help develop ones own thoughts).

A nice change from the thoughtless name-calling, non-listening diatribe and insults of some of the regular few. Thanks.
nice sentiment but it isn't going to change anything ,still leaving
regards
DR

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Pay more for a passport that does less!? Do you like paying more for things that are worse?

As usual you're living in cloud cuckoo. A passport costs £72.50 - there are plans to increase that a whole £3. Your passport will not do less - it will still get you into the States, Australia, France, Spain, Germany etc. #DramaQueen

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Only with a valid visa now. The passport is reduced, well done.

Yeah NEXT WEEK! Will need one post-brexit though.

You really struggle with the English language don't you ? Shall we explain to you what the word 'now' means or have you not got far enough in the Janet & John books to grasp it ?

Jan 30, 2008
I didn't say we were not. I also never said that we shouldn't. However, some things I have read recently have made me re-examine my own views - surely that is a good thing to do sometimes?
I accept that , but unless something was fundamentally flawed which hasn't been proved in any way by the project fear and assumptions of the undemocratic losers on here I wouldn't be swayed one bit in my beliefs that leaving the EU will be the end of the UK on the world stage
regards
DR

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Er. Now ie post brexit, it was very clear.

No, now means present time. But don't worry about it - you're still losing your Freedom of Movement and I'm glad you've finally accepted it. Enjoy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here