Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Tory policy so they own it, nothing to do with Labour till they form the government
But while Labour are the shadow government it is their duty to put forward their own policies on how they would deal with things, so that we know what the alternative to our government is.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Of course it doesn't

We started the campaign already as Remain.

Leaving was the option. Remain was how we were to begin win. If you don't understand what Leave means and was concerned by that, then voting Remain to keep things as they are made complete sense.

I see what you are saying, but it is not true to say you didn't vote for change. People voted Remain as they wanted to stay in the EU but the EU is constantly evolving. Change is there whether we stay or go.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
1922 Committee meeting at 1730 apparently. Widely reported Sir Graham Brady has the 48 letters required.

Christ on a bike. You mean a leadership challenge? Are there any credible conservatives who would put themselves forward on a 'no to Brexit' ticket - which would probably mean 'a referendum' ticket, either now or once the brexit negotiations are done? This will split te tories again....nah, they will just put up more 'continuity' candidates. Don't they realise that this car simply won't drive?

It is true, you can't polish a turd, although the statement is a bit rich coming from the man from whose arse the turd emanated (and out of which it still hangs, flyblown and pathetic).

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Boris has made many enemies over the last 3 years, so that egotistical desire of his, might be hard to attain.

If he were to become leader I’m presuming he’ll join the hard Brexit brigade but 2 years ago he made his pro EU speech. I just can’t believe people would trust this shyster. It’s about him.... not the country.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Least when it all goes tits up and we stay in the EU team Brexit won’t have anyone else to blame but themselves.

What are you talking about? It is because the parties were both split on the issue that we have this problem. Remainers implementing Brexit was never a good idea. I would have liked a general election campaign fought mainly on the principle of how a given party/leader would carry out the wishes of the electorate.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Most posters on here are playing the media game of focusing on political careers etc rather than discussing the issues.Theresa May is a pro EU, Remain voter leading a party bankrolled by businesses pushing the EU project. It should not really come as a surprise that her Brexit deal should include a common rule book with the EU as this scuppers the concept of leaving. I'm not sure what choice Johnson and Davis had other than to resign. My view is that we need a Government led by politicians who oppose the EU on principle ie Jeremy Corbyn's Labour Party.I will just have to hold my nose on other issues whilst at the ballot box.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Tory policy so they own it, nothing to do with Labour till they form the government

I am guessing these labour policies will be on iPads no-one can see ?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Labour has 552000 members, I would love to know what percentage of current rank and file members would want either a halt to Brexit, or a second referendum. I would definitely vote for such a move, democracy is one thing, but to stop the wilful relegation of this country to a little inconsequential island off the coast of Europe, down on its uppers is something that is worth breaking a principle.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Of course it doesn't

We started the campaign already as Remain.

Leaving was the option. Remain was how we were to begin win. If you don't understand what Leave means and was concerned by that, then voting Remain to keep things as they are made complete sense.

Of course it does.

I presume you are well versed on how the EU is changing and will change in the future?

There was no status quo in this vote, despite incredibly stupid people thinking that there was.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No no. Apparently this utter cluster**** has nothing to do with incompetence, the personal agendas of self serving twats, nobody having a clue what they are doing or political skin saving.

It's all a conspiracy by pro Remain members of government to cock it up on purpose. Obviously. :ffsparr:

Cheered on by remoaners like me. God, I'm feeling sooooo strong and stable right now.

Jan 30, 2008
Revoke Article 50, tell the country that she will prepare a proper truthful plan which will be laid out in detail, so the public can understand it, and then allow another vote in two years time.

That's too much like common sense for any politician.

the only way you're staying in the EU is if you move across to the Dark side :wink:
regards
DR

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Christ on a bike. You mean a leadership challenge? Are there any credible conservatives who would put themselves forward on a 'no to Brexit' ticket - which would probably mean 'a referendum' ticket, either now or once the brexit negotiations are done? This will split te tories again....nah, they will just put up more 'continuity' candidates. Don't they realise that this car simply won't drive?

It is true, you can't polish a turd, although the statement is a bit rich coming from the man from whose arse the turd emanated (and out of which it still hangs, flyblown and pathetic).

There are times I want to print out your posts, blow up the size a bit and hang them on my wall. This is one of those times [emoji106].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I know it’s impossible to answer.

But if May said - Brexit is off, there is no way we can do it with out tanking the country

How many of the 17.4 million would actually care?

I'd accept that on the condition that the Brexit department is given all the resource it needs to spend the next 10 years developing plans and technology and putting the manpower in place to cut all ties with the EU.
They can then hold another referendum with a full plan on the table and let the people decide again armed with all the facts, no project fear and no dodgy posters or bus slogans.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
which is identical to the position in 1975. We still had a Referendum. The point of 2016 was that the EU had moved in a direction very few people in the original referendum could have predicted.

I was only 17 in 75 but it seemed to me that we were joining the thing all the other Western European natons were in. And, blow me down, I'I was right. Its a bit like when i got married. Boom! Exactly what I expected. The tricky bugger, though, is the divorce, where you don't know if you'll keep the car or house, or whether you'll have a pot to piss in.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
It won't be for long and it will inevitably be in coalition with SNP / Libdems, and hey, they might be better than you think, they'll certainly put some funding towards things that have been neglected for some time now

Dont want the SNP anywhere near the government, Krankie, does not even want to be in the UK so f*ck off to all of Scotland if that is what they want

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here