Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
They’re moving their company registration to Singapore. While they will obviously still do business in the U.K. where the business is registered is far more significant.

Where will they now pay tax?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
:laugh: Oh Trig , Trig, Trig.
Oh bless, you're trying to pretend laughing will help your argument, but it won't. Don't worry petal, I'm multi-quoting, so you can do what you do every time you lose an argument, and say 'oh you're multi-quoting so I'm not going to discuss it any more' :rolleyes:

The very fact they have a deal makes it better than anything we have.
We may have a better free trade deal with the EU?
Go on, try and quote where I said we may have a better free trade deal with the EU. Go on. Oh no, you can't, because it didn't happen. You just got confused because you don't have a basic grasp of English :facepalm:

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Oh bless, you're trying to pretend laughing will help your argument, but it won't. Don't worry petal, I'm multi-quoting, so you can do what you do every time you lose an argument, and say 'oh you're multi-quoting so I'm not going to discuss it any more' :rolleyes:

Go on, try and quote where I said we may have a better free trade deal with the EU. Go on. Oh no, you can't, because it didn't happen. You just got confused because you don't have a basic grasp of English :facepalm:

Lovely stuff. You don’t disappoint, old boy.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Trig, in this instance you're wrong.

And as I'm sure you know, I can't be arsed to argue on a point of pedantry which is completely irrelevant to the point that Dyson knew exactly what he was doing by moving his HQ :shrug:

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I see the ego that is Tony Blair is telling us that he wants a people’s vote from his trip to Davos continuing to poke his heinous beak where it don’t belong.
2c492d1e7b6e7ada4b9973a7c4ada521.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
6 quotes instead of 5? (you did see I predicted 5 a few pages back right?)
Yes I saw you predicted 5. I didn't make it 6 on purpose, that's just what fit.

Trig, in this instance you're wrong.
Oh **** me another one. Oh how I wish I was. But I'm not.

This is very simple. TB claimed that the reason Dyson was moving is because Dyson will have more access to European markets from Singapore than from the UK. I pointed it's wrong to claim they'll have better access, as if it's a fact, because we don't yet know if they will have more access to the European markets or not.

That's it. And obviously I'm correct, we don't yet know. We're not even 100% sure we're leaving the EU yet. And if we do, we're not sure we won't have a free trade agreement. So go on Watford, explain how you know for a fact that the UK won't have a free trade deal with the EU.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Quite a red letter day for the Brexit cause on this thread.

In the last couple of hours we've had:

The EU has done nothing for UK working women's rights (or the rights of UK workers in general).
If the UK remains in the EU people will be forced to drive on the right.
If the UK remains in the EU it will be forced to join the Euro.
If the UK remains in the EU everyone will be conscripted into an imaginary army.
The EU is planning to invade Greece.

Well done everyone. Take a bow.

That covers a lot of ground.......hey you cover a lot of ground yourself.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
We have a choice. These things are not compulsory because we can veto them. It's called having sovereignty.

So you say, but like deaths and taxes, one other certainty in life is that the EU doesn’t stand still on it’s journey to a fully federalised state. If anyone is in any doubt about an EU army, here it is in Guy Verhofstadt’s own words......

https://mobile.twitter.com/guyverhofstadt/status/1062433746123739136?lang=en

A couple of points having views this clip.

1) He refers to a new Europe, a “sovereign” Europe, now to be “sovereign” ordinarily that’s a state with a single centralised Government. There’s no doubting what he means is there?

I know remainers love to deny facts but this one is as plain as the parting on his head. Member states can’t be sovereign in a sovereign Europe, so let’s start with the benefits of this new EU that Guy is extolling.........wots da beeg oydeeya?

2) His style at the rostrum, with that jerky arm movement.......I’m sure I’ve seen that before.......remind you of anyone?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The UK introduced maternity leave BEFORE it joined the EEC. And what extra Bank Holiday is it the EU have given us ?

http://www.striking-women.org/modul...present/maternity-and-paternity-leave-and-pay

The UK introduced its first maternity leave legislation through the Employment Protection Act 1975, which was extended through further legislation, such as The Employment Act 1980. However, for the first 15 years, only about half of working women were eligible for it because of long qualifying periods of employment. In 1993, coverage was extended to all working women, in order to bring Britain into compliance with a European Commission directive on this issue. In 2003, male employees received paid statutory paternity leave for the first time, an entitlement that was extended in January 2010.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here