View Poll Results: Is Theresa May is out of her depth?

Voters
543. You may not vote on this poll
  • She doesn't know what she is doing

378 69.61%
  • She knows exactly what she is doing

165 30.39%
Page 5057 of 5082 FirstFirst ... 4057455749575007504750545055505650575058505950605067 ... LastLast
Results 50,561 to 50,570 of 50811
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius Ovidius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It would have been a sight easier without all the remainer spoilers. Negotiating with one arm tied up behind your own back is somewhat difficult
    portslade seagull..brighton till i die

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by portslade seagull View Post
      It would have been a sight easier without all the remainer spoilers. Negotiating with one arm tied up behind your own back is somewhat difficult
      It would have been a sight easier had there been some preparation, some planning and some contingency for a 'no deal' scenario as well as some idea over an agreed, realistic negotiating strategy before just invoking Article 50 over a year ago now, instead of just hitting and hoping and losing control over the destiny of things to The EU. Still, who cares, we're British! (For now at least)
      Each to his choice, and I rejoice the lot has fallen to me
      In a fair ground-in a fair ground -
      Yea, Sussex by the sea!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ManOfSussex View Post
      It would have been a sight easier had there been some preparation, some planning and some contingency for a 'no deal' scenario as well as some idea over an agreed, realistic negotiating strategy before just invoking Article 50 over a year ago now, instead of just hitting and hoping and losing control over the destiny of things to The EU. Still, who cares, we're British! (For now at least)
      That's more to do with the EU rules as we can't make any trade deals until we have officially left. The government have their hands tied. I don't know what deal politicians are expecting this country get, your either in the EU or out.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bashlsdir View Post
      That's more to do with the EU rules as we can't make any trade deals until we have officially left. The government have their hands tied. I don't know what deal politicians are expecting this country get, your either in the EU or out.
      What have EU rules got to do with contingency planning and applying all the infrastructure, systems, agencies, agreements, staff etc required in place for a 'no deal' scenario? e.g what's required in Kent for Dover/Cheriton.
      Yea, Sussex by the sea!

0 Not allowed!
      lovely scenes
      regards
      DR

0 Not allowed!
      What have EU rules got to do with contingency planning and applying all the infrastructure, systems, agencies, agreements, staff etc required in place for a 'no deal' scenario? e.g what's required in Kent for Dover/Cheriton.
      blimey you're a bitter person ALONG WITH YOUR EVER DESPERATE SIDE KICKS ON HERE , how are you going to cope when reality smacks you in the face eh, get a grip ffs YOU MAKE IT OUT AS IF THE WORLDS GOING TO FOLD UP ON US
      regards
      DR
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Don't you think Cameron should have maybe thought of this before going for the vote/referendum so sure that it would go his way. The coward resigned straightaway knowing what shitstorm was being stirred due to his failure. Maybe a few less scare stories from the start and the result might have gone his way.
      Sadly the scare stories get regurgitated n a regular basis on this thread with the timeline for them just being extended although those scenarios were destined almost immediately after the vote according to the Remain rhetoric at the time.
      Now we have the job losses at Rolls Royce being blamed on Brexit. What about Ford who move manufacturing to Spain whilst in the EU, All the Coal mines closing whilst in the EU, ship building etc etc all whilst in the EU. Many thousands more jobs gone there .
      portslade seagull..brighton till i die

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by portslade seagull View Post
      Don't you think Cameron should have maybe thought of this before going for the vote/referendum so sure that it would go his way. The coward resigned straightaway knowing what shitstorm was being stirred due to his failure. Maybe a few less scare stories from the start and the result might have gone his way.
      Sadly the scare stories get regurgitated n a regular basis on this thread with the timeline for them just being extended although those scenarios were destined almost immediately after the vote according to the Remain rhetoric at the time.
      Now we have the job losses at Rolls Royce being blamed on Brexit. What about Ford who move manufacturing to Spain whilst in the EU, All the Coal mines closing whilst in the EU, ship building etc etc all whilst in the EU. Many thousands more jobs gone there .
      I agree with you on Cameron. It was an act of total gross negligence to not prepare for the eventuality of a 'leave' vote, as has the total lack of planning been ever since under May. If you still wish to dismiss any negatives of a 'no deal' scenario next March as just being 'Project Fear', that's up to you. Nobody bothered to mention customs checks, let alone everything else, on the Vote Leave side during the wretched Project Fantasy v Project Fear campaign either, it might not have gone down as well in Kent, let alone Northern Ireland if they had.
      Last edited by ManOfSussex; 14-06-2018 at 14:30.
      Yea, Sussex by the sea!
      aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Not so rosey in the Eurozone today then ..... I wonder when HT will blame it in Brexit ?
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Pretty pink fairy View Post
      HAVE YOU EVER ASKED A LEAVE VOTER WHY THEY VOTED LEAVE AND IF YOU HAVE WHAT WAS THEIR ANSWER ?
      regards
      DR
      Can I mention a random 10, taken from leave-supporting friends and TV interviews...

"I thought it was about whether we want more immigrants."
      "There's a lack of democratic accountability."
      "Too many Russians are buying houses in London"
      "The British are different."
      "I hate all those freeloaders in Brussels."
      "Cameron is boring. I"m voting for an entertainer politician."
      "There's a real problem with muslims."
      "Calais has got more fishing boats than Margate."
      "People down the shops talking jibber-jabber."
      "I want to throw out my rulers if I don't like them."

All are genuine. One or two are sensible. My favourite comment wasn't really a comment at all, and came from someone who probably voted Remain. "I think I voted Labour in that referendum thing but I can't remember."

On such shoulders does the future of our country now lie.