View Poll Results: Is Theresa May is out of her depth?

Voters
575. You may not vote on this poll
  • She doesn't know what she is doing

    405 70.43%
  • She knows exactly what she is doing

    170 29.57%
Page 5045 of 5685 FirstFirst ... 4045454549454995503550425043504450455046504750485055509551455545 ... LastLast
Results 50,441 to 50,450 of 56842
  1. #50441
    Stupid IDIOT Ernest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    LOONEY BIN
    Posts
    38,509


    0 Not allowed!
    I hope someone is going to recycle all these cans May keeps kicking down the road

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #50442
      We wunt be druv ManOfSussex's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2016
      Location
      Rape of Hastings
      Posts
      8,658


      0 Not allowed!
      Name:  DfhUOY_WsAYEsGm.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  272.0 KB
      Each to his choice, and I rejoice the lot has fallen to me
      In a fair ground-in a fair ground -
      Yea, Sussex by the sea!
    • #50443
      Members GT49er's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2009
      Location
      Gloucester
      Posts
      20,913


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It's all going to be fantastic.

      Anyone want to buy my turnip? Will swap for some freshly picked scabs.
      Try taking your turnip to Brussels. They will know just where you should put it.
    • #50444
      Members
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Crawley
      Posts
      4,374


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pastafarian View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It is not one eyed or fanatical to want this concluded. It is true Brexiters want this withdrawal finalised and then a finalised and concluded trade arrangement with the EU, but surely everyone who wishes the country well wants the trade arrangements concluded. There is after all a clearly defined timeline (subject to a non binding extension for both parties) for withdrawal.
      Your own stance of keeping us as members of The EU for an extended timeline is the narrow minded and blinkered standpoint. You completely disregard the fact that this standpoint of membership instead of an implementation period would mean trade arrangements cannot be finalised.
      You are in effect seeking a permanent state of limbo on trade with the EU.
      One does have to question therefore your motives for not wanting trade arrangements concluded, since most of you are not forthcoming why you believe trade arrangements should be put on hold then the only conclusion is you are trying to wreck the whole process by any means possible.
      Sounding a bot worried Pastafairy, have faith.
      Posted by Kosh, 19/7/2016 - 14th - 11th this year, or I'll eat my big Ritchie Blackmore hat.
    • #50445
      Members pastafarian's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Location
      Sussex
      Posts
      8,781


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ManOfSussex View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Name:  DfhUOY_WsAYEsGm.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  272.0 KB
      Remainer MP`s got shafted, dont know whether to laugh or laugh.



      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Sounding a bot worried Pastafairy, have faith.
      Not worried in the slightest chap, still convinced that you are wrong and that your personal belief , along with notable others on here that Brexit wont happen and that we will Remain in the EU is wrong. I expect some of you to backtrack on that quite soon………………….are you ready?

      In the words of the great NSC philosopher Ppf………………tick tock
      Jazz Festival n. The purchase of two or more Noddy books at one time.
    • #50446

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Clamp View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Yes, this is building up to a bit of a crisis though. People are grabbing or being forced to take lower paid, less skilled, less secure jobs in the current climate and reluctant to switch jobs. Ths is creating a deficit in people taking up skilled engineering jobs, with uncertainty of freedom of movement looming and tighter, poorly focussed immigration controls a likelyhood we aren't likely to be getting these skills from abroad. This will cause companies to move away from the UK and leave huge gaps in our workforce.
      There are skilled engineers all over the world. The only trouble is that we are forced to concentrate on recruiting mainly from within the EU. Its called protectionism.
    • #50447
      Members The Clamp's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      West is BEST
      Posts
      5,910


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mo Gosfield View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      There are skilled engineers all over the world. The only trouble is that we are forced to concentrate on recruiting mainly from within the EU. Its called protectionism.
      Yeah, we don't need them all over the world, we need them here.
      Nearly.
    • #50448

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It's not just 'One -eyed Brexiteers', anyone with an iota of intelligence can see that this is exactly what is going on. The vast majority of the political establishment are in favour of overturning/ignoring/sabotaging Brexit by any means - and I mean any. I'm sure there are even a few one-eyed remainers who can see this too; it just doesn't suit their agenda to admit it.
      They will provide conclusive evidence of this by vehemently denying it.
      Do Turkeys vote for Christmas?
      When you have a massive bureaucratic gravy train to jump aboard and earn enormous salaries for a few hours consultative work, its hardly surprising. Or be made a European Minister and put in the occasional appearance to ensure you claim vast expenses plus a six figure salary for sweet f..a....Its the status quo. It protects and enriches those within it. Many disagree with the idea of a federalist superstate but they are too greedy and self centred and keep their powder dry and play along with the game.
      The EU is a comfort blanket for many. They cannot see beyond it. They live in a micro rather than a macro world. They feel Europe is the centre of the Universe and only does them good. They don't stop to think that Brussels has put all its energies into sweeping away barriers to free trade in goods, which is beneficial to manufacturing countries like Germany ( surprise, surprise ) The UK is different. Our strength is in services. We are in surplus in the EU and all over the World in providing services. We are in huge deficit in goods. For as long as we stay in the EU, our trade deficit will just get worse and worse.
      Many claim that the result in 2016 was caused by ignorance and bigotry. If there is another referendum, maybe the Leave campaign should just put out a simple poster that says....." Your choice. To stay in a club whose trading rules, amplify our weaknesses and nullify our strengths, at vast cost to this country or leave and seek a better deal. A deal that suits our country better. Your choice. "
    • #50449
      aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      The arse end of Hangleton
      Posts
      15,132


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mo Gosfield View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      There are skilled engineers all over the world. The only trouble is that we are forced to concentrate on recruiting mainly from within the EU. Its called protectionism.
      Indeed - thank god Javid has ripped up Rudd's plans and instead will introduce equal immigration rules across the board - no more favourtism to EU citizens. It'll the annoy the EU like hell but tough.
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."
    • #50450
      Members Herr Tubthumper's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      The Fatherland
      Posts
      42,753


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mo Gosfield View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      There are skilled engineers all over the world. The only trouble is that we are forced to concentrate on recruiting mainly from within the EU. Its called protectionism.
      You’ll soon find out what protectionism is when the little nation of Britain is cast adrift and on its own in the big wide world full of bigger boys . Hint, the clue is in the word protectionism.

      PS you will not be able to freely recruit from all over the world post Brexit.

      PPS why the sudden need to recruit engineers? You don’t make anything to need them.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."