View Poll Results: Is Theresa May is out of her depth?

Voters
592. You may not vote on this poll
  • She doesn't know what she is doing

420 70.95%
  • She knows exactly what she is doing

172 29.05%

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nicko31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    30 years of manufacturing the Discovery gone in a flash. What a disaster, my fear this is start of the Brexit rot setting in
    What do you mean, the start? Your lot - sorry, mustn't use that expression! - let's call them remainers for the sake of argument - have been telling us that the rot started almost two years ago, the day the referendum results were announced - have they been lying all the time?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      What do you mean, the start? Your lot - sorry, mustn't use that expression! - let's call them remainers for the sake of argument - have been telling us that the rot started almost two years ago, the day the referendum results were announced - have they been lying all the time?
      Maybe I needed to be more specific, I'm referring to Automotive manufacturing.

Thousands of families tonight will be fearing for their lively hoods. Its not too late for JLR but if we carry on down the suicide route of hard Brexit there will be no case to carry on in the UK. Nissan, Honda, BMW Mini are all in danger
      Brexit is like trying to remove the egg from an omelette. Updated 2018

0 Not allowed!

Thousands of families tonight will be fearing for their lively hoods. Its not too late for JLR but if we carry on down the suicide route of hard Brexit there will be no case to carry on in the UK. Nissan, Honda, BMW Mini are all in danger
      What`s the definition of hard and soft Brexit this week?
      Jazz Festival n. The purchase of two or more Noddy books at one time.
      Members

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bashlsdir View Post
      Brexit will be the winner in the end. People have no faith, it makes me sick.
      It should not be an act of faith, it should be a reasoned act.
      Posted by Kosh, 19/7/2016 - 14th - 11th this year, or I'll eat my big Ritchie Blackmore hat.
      Members

5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by JC Footy Genius View Post
      There are three categories of revolting Remainer: Ideological Remainers, Professional Remainers and Worried Remainers, what makes them tick?

https://brexitcentral.com/three-cate...er-makes-tick/

In other news, I see some of our great National papers representing the majority are putting May on Notice. Tick tock ...

https://order-order.com/2018/06/11/s...raph-warn-may/
      There are 3 types of Leaver, unfortunately the swear filter wont allow me to show the categories.
      From your first link "Worried Remainers deserve to have their fears taken seriously and the effort to reassure them by well-based arguments is an urgent political need." I have an explanation for why the well based arguments are not forthcoming, they don't exist.
      Posted by Kosh, 19/7/2016 - 14th - 11th this year, or I'll eat my big Ritchie Blackmore hat.
      Members

0 Not allowed!

All over the EU no more in the EU with Trump on the other side of the Atlantic. They have more to fear with the tit for tat war they want to expand.
      portslade seagull..brighton till i die

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by JC Footy Genius View Post
      What an excellent article. Every remainer can identify themselves in this, but of course, they won't/can't. I feel sorry for the Worried Remainers, but ultimately they are the victims of the Professional Remainers, who generate and exacerbate their worries at every opportunity, not victims of Brexit. Sadly, they won't be able to see that either.

Doubtless there'll be one of their ilk along in a minute or two.........................

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pastafarian View Post
      Whilst being members of The EU.
      So your understanding is the market (people) never reacts to signals......that’s GCSE economics and a basic life kids learn at a very young age
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      30 years of manufacturing the Discovery gone in a flash. What a disaster, my fear this is start of the Brexit rot setting in
      Plans to shift production where obviously in the pipe line long before brexit. They started building the factory in 2015. Its obviously cheaper to manufacture there than other countries in the EU. In or out this wouldn't have made any difference. If anything building hybrids here is the future as petrol will eventually fade out.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hampster Gull View Post
      Another day

The UK's trade deficit widened in April, according to the latest figures from the Office for National Statistics. The deficit in goods and services widened to £5.28bn from £3.22bn in March. The goods trade deficit widened to £14.04bn in April - the biggest such deficit since September 2016.

Industrial output in Apiril fell by 0.8%, Manufacturing output contracted by 1.4%

It's been a grim few days for the UK's High Streets, with House of Fraser announcing the closure of 31 stores last week, and discount retailer Poundworld now set to enter administration. High Streets saw footfall rise 0.6% last month. Rolls Royce due to announce 4K job cuts.

The pound has fallen sharply against other currencies following the latest wave of economic data.
      The figures are only going in one direction. Brexiteers still have their heads in the sand. More austerity for all....
      Brexit is like trying to remove the egg from an omelette. Updated 2018