View Poll Results: Is Theresa May is out of her depth?

Voters
625. You may not vote on this poll
  • She doesn't know what she is doing

440 70.40%
  • She knows exactly what she is doing

185 29.60%
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Generally I don't like the fact the EU can overrule British law and British judgements.

But if you want some specifics, off the top of my head:

Free movement of labour law
    The right to be forgotten rule
    Child benefit for migrant workers
    Working time directive
    Fisheries policy
    VAT on energy bills law
    Climate change directive
    Diabetic motorists directive
    Funny how off the top of your head it's free movement and child benefit for migrant workers that comes out first. Are you sure it was all about the trade deals for you?

I am also wondering what aspect of the Working Time Directive it is that grips your shit?
    Posted by Kosh, 19/7/2016 - 14th - 11th this year, or I'll eat my big Ritchie Blackmore hat.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Funny how off the top of your head it's free movement and child benefit for migrant workers that comes out first. Are you sure it was all about the trade deals for you?

I am also wondering what aspect of the Working Time Directive it is that grips your shit?
      I listed those because I was asked what laws did I wanted reformed.

Fundamentally I voted leave because I wanted whatever happens to this country to be decided by those who have been voted for by the people of this country not the rest of Europe. That’s it.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I listed those because I was asked what laws did I wanted reformed.

Fundamentally I voted leave because I wanted whatever happens to this country to be decided by those who have been voted for by the people of this country not the rest of Europe. That’s it.
      And it is for the most part, the bits decided at EU level, our elected representatives also take part in the decision, at least they used to before UKIP MEP's.
      Posted by Kosh, 19/7/2016 - 14th - 11th this year, or I'll eat my big Ritchie Blackmore hat.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      Well it's true, so why not?
      True that most voted leave to be free to set our own trade deals with other countries without any restrictions? Or true that most don't want into the single market?
      Most polls I have seen show people want into the single market, as long as they don't have to have the free movement thing, which is not the thing stopping us doing trade deals any way, it is the customs union.
      No, don't believe the vote was won on the back of potential trade deals with the US and China.

1 Not allowed!
      Generally I don't like the fact the EU can overrule British law and British judgements.

But if you want some specifics, off the top of my head:

Free movement of labour law
      The right to be forgotten rule
      Child benefit for migrant workers
      Working time directive
      Fisheries policy
      VAT on energy bills law
      Climate change directive
      Diabetic motorists directive
      I wouldn’t want our government’s grubby fingers anywhere near those laws, I’d rather be protected thanks very much. Which bits of the working time directive and climate change doesn’t work for you that you’d like to change for everyone else?

0 Not allowed!
      Some of these posts are getting just a little desperate.

It would have been better if Boris had been in charge

2 Not allowed!
      From 9 months ago

Quote Originally Posted by WATFORD zero View Post
      I suspect that this will be the next response from Brexiteers. 'She was a remainer all along and we have been stitched up'.

I wonder why the dream team of Nige, Boris, Andrea and Gove didn't continue their marvellous winning streak and lead us on to the Brexit that they outlined
      Name:  MYSTIC-MEG_2882318b.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  66.5 KB

2 Not allowed!
      David Davis 2002

There is a proper role for referendums in constitutional change, but only if done properly. If it is not done properly, it can be a dangerous tool. The Chairman of the Public Administration Committee, who is no longer in the Chamber, said that Clement Attlee—who is, I think, one of the Deputy Prime Minister's heroes—famously described the referendum as the device of demagogues and dictators.

We may not always go as far as he did, but what is certain is that pre-legislative referendums of the type the Deputy Prime Minister is proposing are the worst type of all. Referendums should be held when the electorate are in the best possible position to make a judgment. They should be held when people can view all the arguments for and against and when those arguments have been rigorously tested. In short, referendums should be held when people know exactly what they are getting. So legislation should be debated by Members of Parliament on the Floor of the House, and then put to the electorate for the voters to judge.

We should not ask people to vote on a blank sheet of paper and tell them to trust us to fill in the details afterwards. For referendums to be fair and compatible with our parliamentary process, we need the electors to be as well informed as possible and to know exactly what they are voting for. Referendums need to be treated as an addition to the parliamentary process, not as a substitute for it.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
      they are independent treaties, until we invoke Article 127 we remain in the Single Market it describes. doesnt cover Customs Union though, so perhaps we'll hear more about this in the coming months?
      The Government's legal position (allegedly) is they believe Article 127 is covered by Article 50, but that doesn't mean a great deal as I think we all know they really don't know what they're doing. The 'transition' alone would suggest this isn't the case. I suppose if, or rather when, we're heading for a no deal scenario in 6 months time some judges in London and Luxembourg will rule accordingly on Article 127 once a further challenge is made and can look forward to having their sexual orientation published on the front page of a British newspaper as result.
      Each to his choice, and I rejoice the lot has fallen to me
      In a fair ground-in a fair ground -
      Yea, Sussex by the sea!
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Theresa May says "Nobody said this was going to be easy". Step forward Liam Fox.