View Poll Results: Is Theresa May is out of her depth?

Voters
545. You may not vote on this poll
  • She doesn't know what she is doing

379 69.54%
  • She knows exactly what she is doing

166 30.46%
Page 5015 of 5106 FirstFirst ... 40154515491549655005501250135014501550165017501850255065 ... LastLast
Results 50,141 to 50,150 of 51056
    aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WATFORD zero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Once again, Stop f***ing whining, show some balls and take some responsibility for the outcome of your actions.

This situation isn't down to Remainers, the EU or even the Government. You were told exactly what would happen but you stuck your fingers in your ears and shouted 'Project Fear'. This total farce is down to you and people like you. This is exactly what you voted for.
    If I was a remainer I'd blame the mess on the Remain campaign and their inability to 'sell' the electorate the benefits of staying in. Instead they chose to run a negative campaign that back fired.

As a leaver I blame May trying to appease the remain camp in her cabinet. Like them or not, if Gove and Johnson had been in charge then we'd have had more bullish and less lillylivered approach to the process of leaving.

I don't blame the voters one single ounce - they said what they wanted and politicians on both sides have fvck3d it up !
    The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
    I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Westdene Seagull View Post
      If I was a remainer I'd blame the mess on the Remain campaign and their inability to 'sell' the electorate the benefits of staying in. Instead they chose to run a negative campaign that back fired.

As a leaver I blame May trying to appease the remain camp in her cabinet. Like them or not, if Gove and Johnson had been in charge then we'd have had more bullish and less lillylivered approach to the process of leaving.

I don't blame the voters one single ounce - they said what they wanted and politicians on both sides have fvck3d it up !
      Agree completely with this.

For Brexit to work, and I voted leave btw, it needed strong bullish personalities like Boris telling the EU to basically stick it. Had we taken this line and kept to it I am pretty sure the EU would have come back begging at some point. Might have meant no deal but then we would be off and running with trade deals with the rest of the world. I didn't vote leave to be better off economically, I voted to take control of our laws. THerefore even if the economy fell by 5-10% I'd still be happy with my decision. Long term I believe we would be as well off if not better, but you have to embrace it and really go for the positives of trade with the rest of the world. I bet we would negotiate a better steel deal directly with the US if we were playing this hard line. Trump would love it.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      For Brexit to work it needed to align with the wishes of the public. Namely "out, but only just out". That meant EEA as something which would have commanded majority support within the electorate, the House and the Government.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by A1X View Post
      For Brexit to work it needed to align with the wishes of the public. Namely "out, but only just out". That meant EEA as something which would have commanded majority support within the electorate, the House and the Government.
      Out of interest, how do you know this ? As a leaver I wouldn't have voted to be in the EEA.
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by A1X View Post
      For Brexit to work it needed to align with the wishes of the public. Namely "out, but only just out".
      What does this mean? I voted to leave, my interpretation of that was out of all trade relations, out of all laws made at Brussels and control of our own borders. Pretty sure most leavers voted on that basis too.

What is EEA?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      The Daily Express? Really?

Ian Duncan Smith, really?
      still hiding under the Duvet ??
      regards
      DR

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
      What does this mean? I voted to leave, my interpretation of that was out of all trade relations, out of all laws made at Brussels and control of our own borders. Pretty sure most leavers voted on that basis too.

What is EEA?
      European Economic Area - it contains all the EU members as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. It means they have access to the single market and other bits of the EU but don't get a vote on EU matters. It's a half way house and, IMO, the worst of the 3 possibilities.

0 Not allowed!
      Agree completely with this.

For Brexit to work, and I voted leave btw, it needed strong bullish personalities like Boris telling the EU to basically stick it. Had we taken this line and kept to it I am pretty sure the EU would have come back begging at some point. Might have meant no deal but then we would be off and running with trade deals with the rest of the world. I didn't vote leave to be better off economically, I voted to take control of our laws. THerefore even if the economy fell by 5-10% I'd still be happy with my decision. Long term I believe we would be as well off if not better, but you have to embrace it and really go for the positives of trade with the rest of the world. I bet we would negotiate a better steel deal directly with the US if we were playing this hard line. Trump would love it.
      Other then free movement laws, what laws brought in by the EU would you want changed?

0 Not allowed!

What is EEA?
      European Economic Area. Like Norway is for example. There's still a legal argument to be had on this as Article 127 of The EEA Agreement may not be covered by Article 50. It's effectively, along with continued customs union membership, where we're hoping to be heading during the transition that nobody voted for either as the 'no deal' scenario alternative won't be too pretty for anyone.
      Each to his choice, and I rejoice the lot has fallen to me
      In a fair ground-in a fair ground -
      Yea, Sussex by the sea!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by WATFORD zero View Post
      Once again, Stop f***ing whining, show some balls and take some responsibility for the outcome of your actions.

This situation isn't down to Remainers, the EU or even the Government. You were told exactly what would happen but you stuck your fingers in your ears and shouted 'Project Fear'. This total farce is down to you and people like you. This is exactly what you voted for.

Attachment 97527
      getting yourself at it again I see , still leaving though
      regards
      DR