View Poll Results: Is Theresa May is out of her depth?

Voters
572. You may not vote on this poll
  • She doesn't know what she is doing

403 70.45%
  • She knows exactly what she is doing

169 29.55%
Page 4992 of 5649 FirstFirst ... 3992449248924942498249894990499149924993499449955002504250925492 ... LastLast
Results 49,911 to 49,920 of 56484

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Berty23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting moves...how far will this have to go before people in power think again.

https://twitter.com/britainelects/st...65956295708672
    The graph shows that in the last 12 months the "Leavers" have flatlined, which would suggest the increase in "Remain" is due to the "Don't Knows" finally realising what they should have worked out in June 2016 - that Brexit will be a disaster for this country.
    "Intercluderent aut mori"

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Westdene Seagull View Post
      But my children will be and I'm somewhat hoping I've still got a decent amount of time left to live.
      Fairy Muff

I see the government has folded again under questioning by the Brexit Committee and finalised something which a lot of Brexiteers on here insisted wouldn't happen.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8364841.html

So that's the divorce bill finalised and committed to, with no promise of even a trade agreement in return. Still nothing is agreed until everything is agreed though, isn't it.

The problem is that without any sort of plan, these decisions will be made on the fly, by Ministers when cornered and under pressure in Committees. I know the Government have very little option, given the situation they are in, but it really is no way to run a f***ing country.
      Last edited by WATFORD zero; 05-06-2018 at 14:03.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Berty23 View Post
      Interesting moves...how far will this have to go before people in power think again.

https://twitter.com/britainelects/st...65956295708672
      Unfortunately, I think that if you're up shit creek and you've thrown away the paddle, finding out the paddle has gradually been increasing in size, while interesting, is not really a great help
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      It's clear you don't know how the Lords work. They can send bills back to the HoC for amendments, which reins in the worst excesses of any government. It is democracy in action. It prevents fanatics.

Theresa May is so concerned with holding onto power, for good or bad, she has made up a list of Tories to made life peers to try and flood the Lords with people on 'her side'.
      im well aware of the role of the Lord as a revision chamber, i just find it odd the suggestion that the Commons rejecting or voting against Lords amendments is some how not democratic. you cant seriously say the Lords is have been flooded with Tory peers when they are minority of about a third and many will ignore the whip. its down to the Commons to ultimately pass legislation, if they vote for these amendments its no less democratic than any other law we have.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.
      Members

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
      im well aware of the role of the Lord as a revision chamber, i just find it odd the suggestion that the Commons rejecting or voting against Lords amendments is some how not democratic. you cant seriously say the Lords is have been flooded with Tory peers when they are minority of about a third and many will ignore the whip. its down to the Commons to ultimately pass legislation, if they vote for these amendments its no less democratic than any other law we have.
      When it requires a Billion quid of extra spending in Northern Ireland to buy the votes of 10 somewhat extremist politicians, it is a bit of an unfunny joke of a democracy.
      Posted by Kosh, 19/7/2016 - 14th - 11th this year, or I'll eat my big Ritchie Blackmore hat.

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
      Forgive me interrupting - I mainly just browse this thread at the moment - but my impression was that Thunder Bolt was criticising the Government's contempt for the Lords' constitional role by 'debating' all of their amendments in a single Commons session. That, surely, was his point (and Caroline Lucas's too) and I have to say it was a good one.
      aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Imp View Post
      Forgive me interrupting - I mainly just browse this thread at the moment - but my impression was that Thunder Bolt was criticising the Government's contempt for the Lords' constitional role by 'debating' all of their amendments in a single Commons session. That, surely, was his point (and Caroline Lucas's too) and I have to say it was a good one.
      'Her' point
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."

European union referendum act 2015

0 Not allowed!
      It's a genuine question im asking regarding the European union referendum act 2015.

Chuka umunna was on tv the other day and like most that share his view he was saying that he believes a vote should be held on the final deal, and we all know the arguments as to why etc etc.

It got me thinking, so i did some research, back in 2015 mp's voted to pass the European Union Referendum Act, 544 to 53, mp's including Peter Kyle,Caroline Lucas and Chuka umunna voted in favour knowing the question on the ballot paper was going to be in or out.

Why did they not then address the arguments at the time, they must of had the same concerns then as they do now, they could of put forward reasons for not holding an in or out referendum and voted against allowing it.

My best guess is they were towing the party line or were they allowed a free vote?

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bha100 View Post
      It's a genuine question im asking regarding the European union referendum act 2015.

Chuka umunna was on tv the other day and like most that share his view he was saying that he believes a vote should be held on the final deal, and we all know the arguments as to why etc etc.

It got me thinking, so i did some research, back in 2015 mp's voted to pass the European Union Referendum Act, 544 to 53, mp's including Peter Kyle,Caroline Lucas and Chuka umunna voted in favour knowing the question on the ballot paper was going to be in or out.

Why did they not then address the arguments at the time, they must of had the same concerns then as they do now, they could of put forward reasons for not holding an in or out referendum and voted against allowing it.

My best guess is they were towing the party line or were they allowed a free vote?
      I'm guessing this will sadly get swallowed up into the main thread soon. It's a difficult one. The referendum was about in and out, but only the in was clear. No-one knew (or still knows) what out looks like, which is why I think a second referendum is essential. However, I guess they couldn't have legislated for a second before the first.
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Fish View Post
      Are people taking stupidity pills on here today or something

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Notters View Post
      I'm guessing this will sadly get swallowed up into the main thread soon. It's a difficult one. The referendum was about in and out, but only the in was clear. No-one knew (or still knows) what out looks like, which is why I think a second referendum is essential. However, I guess they couldn't have legislated for a second before the first.
      But i still don't understand then if they were not sure about both outcomes then surely don't vote in favour of a referendum until you can be reasonably sure how both outcomes would look