Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Fair point I'm sure many would agree MoS and Ernie provide a completely balanced impartial analysis and have no agenda what so ever....

A lifelong Eurosceptic backing Remain (sort of).

To scrutinise the government's actions and provide clear and coherent alternative policies?

Agenda? Coming from an Activate/Vote Leave/Conservative and Unionist Party anonymous NSC posting account like yours.

Okay.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
You don't want to see the Tories rip themselves apart and get Corbs in asap then?

'The sooner the Tories rip themselves apart the better' - My Dad said that a few weeks back and he's never voted Labour in his life and I doubt he ever will. What agenda has he got?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
'The sooner the Tories rip themselves apart the better' - My Dad said that a few weeks back and he's never voted Labour in his life and I doubt he ever will. What agenda has he got?

Hiding behind the parentals again trying to avoid the question. *tut* The answer to my question was yes, don't be shy you clearly have an agenda many do. Not sure why you are being so coy about it. Corbynista Class Warrior etc :shrug:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It is filled with flaws and biases – for example it says the Brexit bill will be up to €75 billion (fact check: it’s between £35-39 billion).

If a site says 'fact' when it's stating an opinion, then you have to take pretty much everything it says with a pinch of salt. We don't know what the final bill will be, €75 billion sounds a bit high but it's possible. The FT says that there are "guarantees that will ramp up the total significantly" - no-one knows what they will be yet but it's clear that it's not going to be £39 billion.

If Guido Fawkes gets that wrong in the first paragraph, I'd pay little attention to the rest of it.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Hiding behind the parentals again trying to avoid the question. *tut* The answer to my question was yes, don't be shy you clearly have an agenda many do. Not sure why you are being so coy about it. Corbynista Class Warrior etc :shrug:

Hiding behind parentals? I just was just giving you an actual, real life example of something or someone - I appreciate the 100% trolling anonymity of your account prevents you from ever doing so.

I make no bones about the fact I hate the Tories - It's not exactly difficult to - you just have to look around the country in the real world and see what they're doing to the standing of this country in the rest of it.

If you want to me call me a Corbynista because I voted Labour for the first time in 20 years in June, fine. I've been called far worse and survived.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Then I would say you have a very limited understanding of what motivates some people even when they spell it out in plain language. eg Ernie said he voted for Brexit to bring about the downfall of the Government. Seems quite a red v blue pov.

You seem to be under the impression that NSC is crucial to Brexit. haha.
I know plenty of Tory remainers, and I also know Labour Brexiteers. Youre a bit silly in my opinion.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
If a site says 'fact' when it's stating an opinion, then you have to take pretty much everything it says with a pinch of salt. We don't know what the final bill will be, €75 billion sounds a bit high but it's possible. The FT says that there are "guarantees that will ramp up the total significantly" - no-one knows what they will be yet but it's clear that it's not going to be £39 billion.

If Guido Fawkes gets that wrong in the first paragraph, I'd pay little attention to the rest of it.

'Fact check' is just a term it was referring to the think tanks guess. The Guido figure is taking what the government have estimated after completing the
talks which seems fair enough but I agree no one probably knows the precise figure.

If a publication or news source makes one error you discount everthing else they say?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Hiding behind parentals? I just was just giving you an actual, real life example of something or someone - I appreciate the 100% trolling anonymity of your account prevents you from ever doing so.

I make no bones about the fact I hate the Tories - It's not exactly difficult to - you just have to look around the country in the real world and see what they're doing to the standing of this country in the rest of it.

If you want to me call me a Corbynista because I voted Labour for the first time in 20 years in June, fine. I've been called far worse and survived.

There you go that wasn't too hard was it. It's interesting you view the term Corbynista as an derogatory term I thought you would were a proud supporter of JC and the class warrior bit is your own desciption.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
There you go that wasn't too hard was it. It's interesting you view the term Corbynista as an derogatory term I thought you would were a proud supporter of JC and the class warrior bit is your own desciption.

Wrong again. I don't view it as derogatory - I automatically assumed you're just using it as some form of attempted smear as you do with everything else when it comes to The Labour Party.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
'Fact check' is just a term it was referring to the think tanks guess. The Guido figure is taking what the government have estimated after completing the
talks which seems fair enough but I agree no one probably knows the precise figure.

If a publication or news source makes one error you discount everthing else they say?

When it marks opinion as 'fact check', yes, I do

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here