Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The French Government have provided a draft of emergency legislation needed in the event of no deal. Never mind the 'restoration of veterinary, sanitary, phytosanitary, safety controls & customs formalities' at the ports, a no deal could mean the need for a visa to visit France - http://www.senat.fr/leg/pjl18-009.html

Still, at least we'll have blue passports to put them in. :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This is a good analogy.

Let's apply it to grocery stores.

Sainsbury's sells a lot of baked beans. They have huge purchasing power, when sourcing their tins of beans from the supplier. Thus they are able to sell them to customers at a competitive price.

Independent corner shops, each selling a dozen tins of beans a week do not. Some of those independent retailers therefore operate under flags like Nisa, Londis, Costcutter - grouping together to use their collective purchasing power, when sourcing products (and logistics), to remain at least vaguely competitive.

The swivel-eyed amongst us, somehow believe we can be a completely independent corner shop, outside of any group, yet sell our £2 tins of beans to customers all over the world.

It's really simple economics, and anyone refusing to grasp it, probably doesn't want to.

Again, that explains why people may have voted Leave at the time. Not why, in the face of overwhelming evidence that it was a terrible idea, so many refuse to admit they got it wrong.

Evidence provided by people who think Sainsbury's prices are competitive?:lolol:

Well, that has well and truly destroyed my clever analogy.

Yes, I think Sainsbury's are more 'competitive' than an independent corner shop. I'll sit and wait for your brilliant explanation of why I'm wrong.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012

Yes, I think Sainsbury's are more 'competitive' than an independent corner shop. I'll sit and wait for your brilliant explanation of why I'm wrong.

You're absolutely correct in your analogy, 2 x P's must use Lidl or Aldi as they do appear a little more competitive than J. Sainsbury's, wonder what will happen to his grocery supplier following his " No deal Brexit" ????

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Again, that explains why people may have voted Leave at the time. Not why, in the face of overwhelming evidence that it was a terrible idea, so many refuse to admit they got it wrong.

Thin skins. The thought of being seen as wrong in front of an entire football forum fills them with terror.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Sainsbury's aren't competitive with anybody on most things.Only the type of person who shops at Waitrose by choice thinks they are.As you used beans as an example,how about these prices?

dimwit.png

dimwit1.png

dimwit2.png

Guess which one is the Sainsbury option.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You're absolutely correct in your analogy, 2 x P's must use Lidl or Aldi as they do appear a little more competitive than J. Sainsbury's, wonder what will happen to his grocery supplier following his " No deal Brexit" ????

How does it feel being a bit dim?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Another post of yours crammed with wrong again. Unless it's a joke, but without one of your famous "look at me laughing at my own jokes" smilies.

Come on then,tell us about Floella coming on a sunken ship again,as told by Twatter.:D

Jan 30, 2008
I agree it is painful considering it is the most dumb, stupid and wrong decision ever made, is against the national interest and will see this country poorer as result. Further more it seems that it will accelerate the break up of the UK . By the way would you mind awfully just checking your spelling dear boy as it makes you look even more thick than just your posts do! :kiss:

How about you having a reality check , you'll feel so much better , the vote was to leave and leave means leave :bigwave:
regards
DR

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sainsbury's aren't competitive with anybody on most things.Only the type of person who shops at Waitrose by choice thinks they are.As you used beans as an example,how about these prices?
Yes, Sainsbury are more expensive than most supermarkets. But if they weren't competitive, they'd be out of business. Regardless, his point was that Sainsbury's would be even more expensive if they didn't have the purchasing power that their size offers. Do you understand yet?

Come on then,tell us about Floella coming on a sunken ship again,as told by Twatter.:D
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, sorry. :shrug:

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
How does it feel being a bit dim?

I feel fine, thanks for enquiring, but, by my reading of your posts on this thread on this forum over the past several weeks/ months, I'd suggest maybe you would be a lot better served asking yourself that particular question :D

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I feel fine, thanks for enquiring, but, by my reading of your posts on this thread on this forum over the past several weeks/ months, I'd suggest maybe you would be a lot better served asking yourself that particular question :D

He said "a bit dim", not "as thick as pig-shit".

Jan 30, 2008
yes, you carry on convincing yourself you're right, along with the other bad losers on here
regards
DR

Last edited:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

View attachment 101360

View attachment 101361

View attachment 101362

I cant believe I have just done this but a single tin of Heinz backed beans is currently cheapest from Sainsburys, here is an embed image for you so the internet goblins don't get you if you go and have a look yourself. On this basis they seem very competitive ???

beans.png

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here