Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
In a panic? :lol: hang on to the fantasy that everybody else is in the shit, and not the UK.
Six months to go. Nothing achieved. Nothing.

larus

Just to clear this up for those who still want to post lies about the UKs' relative growth rate (and the sky is falling because we voted leave), the UK has never, since the referendum, been bottom of the G7 growth table.

G7 GDP Growth.png

However, what is interesting is that huge drop in GDP 2nd half of 2017 for France/Germany compared to Q1/Q2 of 2018. Can you image if those figure were for the UK? Poor old [MENTION=15360]nicko31[/MENTION] would be uncontrollable. Might be thinking we're in the EURO again.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Sorry, obviously if it's a nasty dig, that means you must be one of those who knows what it is your asking for with the WTO 'no deal'.

So what do you think we should do about the US, New Zealand and Brazil turning down our quota requests already ?

And what proportion of the WTO do you think will find issues with our submission over the next 90 days ?

When do you think we should start building the border and customs posts in Northern Ireland ?

And how much lead time will we need to build the lorry parks at Dover and the other ports ?

When should we start on the requirements analysis to start building the IT systems to run the new WTO rules and Tariffs ?

How many extra customs staff do you think we will need and when should we start recruiting them ?

No hurry for answers, we have until 29th March

*edit* cue that chap who has given up posting on here and doesn't for days at a time 'We are going to implement WTO but we aren't going to have any borders or customs'.

Definitely taking back control :facepalm:

Stop it Watford. You're scaring yourself.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Sorry, obviously if it's a nasty dig, that means you must be one of those who knows what it is your asking for with the WTO 'no deal'.

So what do you think we should do about the US, New Zealand and Brazil turning down our quota requests already ?

And what proportion of the WTO do you think will find issues with our submission over the next 90 days ?

When do you think we should start building the border and customs posts in Northern Ireland ?

And how much lead time will we need to build the lorry parks at Dover and the other ports ?

When should we start on the requirements analysis to start building the IT systems to run the new WTO rules and Tariffs ?

How many extra customs staff do you think we will need and when should we start recruiting them ?

No hurry for answers, we have until 29th March

*edit* cue that chap who has given up posting on here and doesn't for days at a time 'We are going to implement WTO but we aren't going to have any borders or customs'.

Definitely taking back control :facepalm:

You forgot about the planes being grounded.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
You forgot about the planes being grounded.

Could you try and concentrate for more than 90 seconds and maybe try one thought out, considered post?

I really, really don't like having to call people swivel eyed loons, but you're really not helping me out here :shrug:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The deflection of blame from the leave voters is despicable but luckily everyone sees through it #itisyourfault

It’s primary school stuff. They put us in this mess and haven’t got us out of it. The lead protagonists have done a runner and now their band of (merry) men are pretending t has nothing to do with them. Simply pathetic

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I see our great Governor of Band of England pointing out some home truths. Understated as ever as you would expect from someone in his role.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'm not quite sure why there's so much excitement about the revised GDP figures. They don't really paint much of a bullish picture of the UK economy and the source article actually concedes that a no-deal Brexit would be very bad news.
I think the reality is that

a) our economy is trundling along somewhere at or near the bottom of the league table;

b)these are 'lag' indicators (rear-view mirror) and have no predictive validity;

c) we enter a period of almost unprecedented economic uncertainty with a creaking economy which will have low resilience to any major shock

My advice: move on and look at the road ahead.

There's little to celebrate

The reality is Brexit has left households £900 p.a worse off. Just because because the economy didn't collapse after the Brexit vote, it doesn't mean it would be painless for struggling families.

Seems there are some smug leavers on here on defined benefit pensions who clearly don't give a sh1t. I'm alright jack...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I see our great Governor of Band of England pointing out some home truths. Understated as ever as you would expect from someone in his role.

Takes a lot of stick, has done a good job through a difficult period. Not easy being a foreigner is a such a powerful position in modern Britain these days..

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
There's little to celebrate

The reality is Brexit has left households £900 p.a worse off. Just because because the economy didn't collapse after the Brexit vote, it doesn't mean it would be painless for struggling families.

Seems there are some smug leavers on here on defined benefit pensions who clearly don't give a sh1t. I'm alright jack...

And how do you work that out ??? . I'm better off

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here