Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Still loads of whiners on here.Chaos in Parliament?Must be trying to copy the krauts!Only thing that lot have done since their election is keep a pesticide in use that nobody wants.Strong and stable Merkel?:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:
And we are still leaving!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
They’re getting desperate as more and more people see this for what it is, a complete shambles, led by people who don’t really know what their doing and who are being outsmarted. Welcome to Brexit Britain

Desperate is still convincing yourself we're not leaving the EU (including the single market and the customs union). Can't wait to see how angry the remainers on here will be when that happens !

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Desperate is still convincing yourself we're not leaving the EU (including the single market and the customs union). Can't wait to see how angry the remainers on here will be when that happens !

I’m completely relaxed about all of this. The signs are fairly clear all will be ok. Leaving the EU doesn’t mean we can’t be members of the single market and the customs union. Check out other non EU countries.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I’m completely relaxed about all of this. The signs are fairly clear all will be ok. Leaving the EU doesn’t mean we can’t be members of the single market and the customs union. Check out other non EU countries.

You seemed to have missed that we're leaving ALL three !

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Perhaps you should word your posts more carefully. Read it again, and see what you actually said.

Sorry, but you are being a bit silly. JC made a big issue of the fact that in the 2017 election 80 per cent of voters put a tick against a party that had carrying on with Brexit in its manifesto. Given that Labour was one such party and the Tories were another, he was correct. What is your point?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
As you know they are not opposing points at all. Not every person votes for every policy in a manifesto but many do vote for specific policies or the general platform each party sets out to govern. Brexit was front and centre in the GE campaign to suggest over 80% voting for parties committed to delivering Brexit isn't relevant or doesn't give a further democratic mandate takes your undemoratc loon credentials to a whole new level.

General election 2017: Brexit dominated voters' thoughts

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40630242

As you know, this is simplistic nonsense. I look forward to you telling me that in 2010 90 per cent of the British people indicated their satisfaction with Britain being a member of the EU.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
As you know, this is simplistic nonsense. I look forward to you telling me that in 2010 90 per cent of the British people indicated their satisfaction with Britain being a member of the EU.

If the 2010 election had EU membership front and centre of the campaign and all major parties ( apart from one) had specific manifesto commitments about retaining EU membership and they went on to get 90% of the vote ...... I bet every single Remainer on this thread would say exactly that including you.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Jeeez, you're spinning out of control, any danger of telling me what isnt being done, apart from re-nationalising everything of course ??

What would the current state of the NHS be, or the current housing crisis be if the government wasn't dealing with Brexit? Would they be better, the same or worse?

Obviously we don't know but I'd hazzard a guess those issues wouldn't be as bad. I'm not saying everything would be rosy, just better.

Do you seriously think that Brexit isn't having a negative impact on the day to day running of the government? Maybe you do, but then think it's worth the price?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
If the 2010 election had EU membership front and centre of the campaign and all major parties ( apart from one) had specific manifesto commitments about retaining EU membership and they went on to get 90% of the vote ...... I bet every single Remainer on this thread would say exactly that including you.

Wriggle squirm you go.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sorry, but you are being a bit silly. JC made a big issue of the fact that in the 2017 election 80 per cent of voters put a tick against a party that had carrying on with Brexit in its manifesto. Given that Labour was one such party and the Tories were another, he was correct. What is your point?
And you are being a bit dense. I was commenting solely on your post, and what it said. I'm bored now. Carry on arguing. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here