Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
tick tock, tick tock, tick tock , THE NO DEAL BOGEY MAN IS KNOCKING ON THE DOOR
regards
DR

Serious question. If we leave with no deal then who supplies the c50 agency services we currently get from EU? Generally a couple are based in each country. We need to reinvent all that in a few months. Do you actually think this is an option?

Jan 30, 2008
Serious question. If we leave with no deal then who supplies the c50 agency services we currently get from EU? Generally a couple are based in each country. We need to reinvent all that in a few months. Do you actually think this is an option?
it would have to be
regards
DR

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017
Ah, you're another one who thinks no deal = staying in the EU. Wishful thinking, a no deal would most likely see May fall and a Brexiteer take over. If it came to a GE the public also seem to have more balls than our polticians with over 70% supporting a no deal over a bad deal and only 26% supporting an any deal option.

https://order-order.com/2017/10/12/74-say-no-deal-is-better-than-a-bad-deal/

So you think that 70 per cent of the population would go out and vote for a no deal brexit when we know 50 percent do not want any form of Brexit?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
So you are saying your predictions are similar to incorrect predictions?

I'm saying polls showing a 70% + majority are more likely to be right than the ones showing a few percentage points difference.

I see the Irish have voted to end the abortion ban in a referendum. Interesting to see if the losing side claiming they fully 'respect' this result but think it should be enacted in a way that restricts abortions in 99.999999% of cases.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I'm saying polls showing a 70% + majority are more likely to be right than the ones showing a few percentage points difference.

I see the Irish have voted to end the abortion ban in a referendum. Interesting to see if the losing side claiming they fully 'respect' this result but think it should be enacted in a way that restricts abortions in 99.999999% of cases.

Difference being that people actually knew what they were voting for. The fact that a few people in cabinet can't agree what Brexit means suggests that maybe the general public didn't all vote for the same thing. Other than that, an excellent comparison which I am sure we will see made by all the top brains such as Farage and hannon (who wanted different brexits of course).

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017

Come on you are smarter then that. If we know that 50 per of the population do not want any form of Brexit how do you extrapolate that 70 per cent of the population, given the chance in your hypothetical scenario, would vote for no deal/extreme form of brexit. Are you saying that given the choice remainers would not vote for soft Brexit and would prefer instead hard/cliff edge Brexit?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Brexstremists shit themselves if you even hint at a 2nd referendum. No idea why.

because the purpose of a 2nd referendum has always been to overrule the first. if anyone was intelligent enough to frame a 2nd referendum as a question on what exist looks like, then there might be support for it.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
because the purpose of a 2nd referendum has always been to overrule the first. if anyone was intelligent enough to frame a 2nd referendum as a question on what exist looks like, then there might be support for it.

Once you let the referendum genie out of the bottle, all sorts of issues arise. Harold Wilson (who in effect invented the 1975 one to save Labour from splitting) has a lot to answer for.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Bit late in the day to decide that you want to know or influence what Brexit will look like, isn't it?

You'll get what you're given. My guess would be membership in all but name, with all the associated costs but no influence. Exactly what the EU wanted from the day that fool Cameron announced the vote.

Still, [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] will be happy as we will have left. If I didn't know better, it's almost as if the whole Brexit campaign and vote was put together solely for people like him :angel:

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I see in The Sunday Times today that £829k has been set aside, not spent though, for the Electoral Commission to still run the EU elections next May. Tick-tock etc though.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Brexstremists shit themselves if you even hint at a 2nd referendum. No idea why.

The wondrous situation could conceivably arise that whatever element of the Cabinet is currently in favour of the softest of Brexits could find themselves in the position of being able to push their choice through Parliament, to the absolute fury of the Mogg and the ERG.

They, the whacky tabloids and their believers on here will start screaming about the betrayal of the people. M'mm... the obvious way round this would be to ask the people what they think of the deal. Reasonable, no?

Unfortunately, arguing against that opportunity to avoid a soft Brexit will be - and this is the lovely bit - the heavy mob on here, who will of course claim that such a move would be the actions of undemocratic weasel loons.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Porton Down.They are world leaders in the disposal of chemical weapons,although what that has to do with Brexit God alone knows.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
So you think that 70 per cent of the population would go out and vote for a no deal brexit when we know 50 percent do not want any form of Brexit?

How do we know only 50 % of your brain works,at best?At least 70% of the public think so!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here