Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
we vote in parliament, and they agreed to proceed with Brexit.

I'm aware of that. I think it's wrong. I cannot argue with the democracy of the referendum. Well, I can but it seems pointless at this stage. My point is that for the sake of the UK, this so called democratic decision should be ignored and reversed. It won't be. But it should,

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There was a point in that post that I could see you had a point ,Although I disagree with it. Until the last sentence. Silly man.

What you have to bear in mind with me is that I don't give a shit what you think.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I'm aware of that. I think it's wrong. I cannot argue with the democracy of the referendum. Well, I can but it seems pointless at this stage. My point is that for the sake of the UK, this so called democratic decision should be ignored and reversed. It won't be. But it should,

I agree, and it's what the Government is trying to do as they know it will be economically disastrous for the country, but they have to say carry on, we are leaving etc because of the democratic vote, Rees Mogg and his cronies are really making life very difficult, otherwise we would leave but you would hardly know the difference, still a fair way to go though, anything could happen with this lot at each other's throats.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Its all about damage control now, Brexit will probably still happen but will get watered down, it cannot be delivered as it was spelled out, The Brexiteers said Brexit means Brexit, there is no hard or soft. Well the reality will be here soon

The UK's influence is reduced globally, most will be poorer and they will be less opportunity for the young Frankly I don't think anyone will really be satisfied with outcome.

Meanwhile the Tory 30 year civil war carries on and we all pay the price.

What are we left with? Blue Passports that will could have harder to travel with in the EU than someone from Australia or Taiwan, what a joke

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I agree, and it's what the Government is trying to do as they know it will be economically disastrous for the country, but they have to say carry on, we are leaving etc because of the democratic vote, Rees Mogg and his cronies are really making life very difficult, otherwise we would leave but you would hardly know the difference, still a fair way to go though, anything could happen with this lot at each other's throats.

Quite. We vote for and pay for informed politicians to make decisions and act in our best interest. One would hope they would also take the advice of experts in economics or other relevant fields to guide their decisions.

If they need to make an unpopular decision then so be it, if it is for the good of the country and it's population. Brexit is insanity and our government simply doesn't have the minerals to do anything about it. They'd rather flail about pathetically, failing at every turn and grin at the cameras and tell us all it's going fine. And if anyone dare question the party line they are accused of being unpatriotic. How utterly insulting. That's what they think of us.

When it all finally crumbles they will blame the EU and the remainers and slink off back to any one of their multiple residences to count their millions.

And then we can all count the cost to ourselves and the next several generations. And as the millions of unemployed queue up to beg not be sanctioned, with no court of human rights to appeal to, we can all breathe a sigh of relief and collectively say "at the very least, we are out". No. At the very MOST , we are out.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

So democracy is only correct when it follows your point of view ? Well thank you Comrade Putin.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So democracy is only correct when it follows your point of view ? Well thank you Comrade Putin.

No, democracy is always the best way to go. But when democracy leads us into ruin somebody needs to make the unpopular and undemocratic decision to correct that mistake.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

I don't want to muscle in on someone else's battle but Putin might not be the best choice here. He was about the only leader in the world to urge the British to vote Leave.

To some of us at least, it's obvious why.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Quite. We vote for and pay for informed politicians to make decisions and act in our best interest. One would hope they would also take the advice of experts in economics or other relevant fields to guide their decisions.

If they need to make an unpopular decision then so be it, if it is for the good of the country and it's population. Brexit is insanity and our government simply doesn't have the minerals to do anything about it. They'd rather flail about pathetically, failing at every turn and grin at the cameras and tell us all it's going fine. And if anyone dare question the party line they are accused of being unpatriotic. How utterly insulting. That's what they think of us.

When it all finally crumbles they will blame the EU and the remainers and slink off back to any one of their multiple residences to count their millions.

And then we can all count the cost to ourselves and the next several generations. And as the millions of unemployed queue up to beg not be sanctioned, with no court of human rights to appeal to, we can all breathe a sigh of relief and collectively say "at the very least, we are out". No. At the very MOST , we are out.

They seem to be very capable of making 'tough decisions' in every other policy, apparently in our long term benefit.
One thing people seem to be forgetting, the Civil Service is very pro remain, never underestimate them, they are the hidden assassins.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
No, democracy is always the best way to go. But when democracy leads us into ruin somebody needs to make the unpopular and undemocratic decision to correct that mistake.

The best political system (on paper) is, was and always will be a benign dictatorship, with a wise and kindly leader at the helm who knows what to do for the best for his or her country and does it, whether it's popular or not.

Trouble is that in reality there are no wise and benign dictators...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

who do you propose?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
"Page not found". But I note it's a link to a mental health website. You're reported. Now let's see if any of the Moderators (ha, how ironic) have the minerals to finally take some action against you. I doubt it.

You've reported him ?? :facepalm:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Yes I have. His response to a comment was to post a link to a genuine site for mental health diagnosis. Not funny. No problem with reporting that idiot. You have a problem with that?

Given some of the crap thrown around in this thread it seemed a fairly harmless post and certainly not worth reporting. Not only that you've posted you've done it and then challenged the Mods to deal with it in a hope he'll get banned - pathetic really.

Most normal people just report posts in private and then leave the mods to do their work ( rather than insulting them ).

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Given some of the crap thrown around in this thread it seemed a fairly harmless post and certainly not worth reporting. Not only that you've posted you've done it and then challenged the Mods to deal with it in a hope he'll get banned - pathetic really.

I hope he does get banned. Totally out of order. They won't though. No balls.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here