Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
382 days left to go. Not long before the one-year countdown begins! I know you are all as excited as I am.

I wonder if they will make Independence Day a National holiday. Street parties across the country, huge crowds of patriotic Britons thronging in the mall, Red Arrows + Battle of Britain fly past, Her Maj leading the celebrations ...

Marvellous scenes!

Oh and Happy Commonwealth Day everyone .:salute:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Think it's out order what the EU are trying to do over the border. Our government has told them there will be no border. Doesn't it just prove what we have said all along, the EU has too much power, and it's why many voted Leave. We have been very fair in this country, being one of the largest contributors to the EU budget, it still doesn't stop them treating us like crap. Think it's a disgrace.

We can say that we will not place a hard border, but what we have not said is how we can satisfy the EU that they don't need a hard border. We pay less percentage of Gross National Income than anyone else in the EU, due to the rebate, we have a pretty good deal at the moment.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Isn't this a bit of an urban myth? No organisation is perfect but the 'second referendums' most often cited were in Denmark and Ireland. Both countries gained significant concessions after the first vote in order to address the concerns raised. These were accepted by the people. What is it that you object to?

You can't FORCE people to vote how they don't want.

The whole story of the EU as told by UK tabloids and UKIP is myth. I still hear, and you can read it in the posts on here, that the EU is a dictatorship of unelected Bureaucrats, when it plainly isn't, and is arguably more democratic than the UK Parliament.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
382 days left to go. Not long before the one-year countdown begins! I know you are all as excited as I am.

I wonder if they will make Independence Day a National holiday. Street parties across the country, huge crowds of patriotic Britons thronging in the mall, Red Arrows + Battle of Britain fly past, Her Maj leading the celebrations ...

Marvellous scenes!

Cut to image of fireworks on The Titanic.............................

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Marvellous scenes!

Amazingly, we had Jubilee parties and Commonwealth Day every year whilst still in the EU. In the meantime, an EU country is making deals with India.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...to-deepen-defense-security-ties-idUSKBN1GM088

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Cut to image of fireworks on The Titanic.............................

Party pooper. Time to dump the serial negativity and prepare for the celebrations. All are welcome.. such is the inclusivity and tolerance in Brexit Britain. Just one request. If people still want to fly the EU flag can they show a bit of creativity.

EUprotest.jpg

:thumbsup:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Party pooper. Time to dump the serial negativity and prepare for the celebrations. All are welcome.. such is the inclusivity and tolerance in Brexit Britain. Just one request. If people still want to fly the EU flag can they show a bit of creativity.

EUprotest.jpg

:thumbsup:

I think one or two of us might find we are otherwise engaged on that particular date and may well therefore need to decline your kind invitation. However a good pub game would be to think of who would be the VIPs for such a gig. I'll nominate Jim Davidson for one; I think he'd bring with him that touch of class that would enhance proceedings nicely.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Roger Daltrey could provide some 'tunes' ... John Cleese could provide the comedy element, Sir Michael Caine and Sir Ian Botham would be popular with the crowds.

The Queen Knighting Farage on the balcony would be a nice touch.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Roger Daltrey could provide some 'tunes' ... John Cleese could provide the comedy element, Sir Michael Caine and Sir Ian Botham would be popular with the crowds.

And listen to the roar of those German jet engines during the Red Arrows fly past; rule Britannia!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
And listen to the roar of those German jet engines during the Red Arrows fly past; rule Britannia!

you sure they are German and not UK/French collaboration? or confusing with the UK/German/Italian collaboration Eurofighter?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

This is beginning to sound highly alluring especially given that Her Maj's hand might be a little bit shaky whilst she wields the sword..........................

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Marvellous scenes!

To let such a long fishing trip end so meekly is a little disappointing to say the least :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here