Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Serious question. What is it that people get so excited about? What are the positives that might actually come from this? I am intrigued to know what people are excited about. What positive differences will we notice?

Berty it's gonna be great, a red, white and blue Brexit. Get out your bunting, Christmas is coming early!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Not at all. As soon as the result was announced you just knew there would be hysteria.

so why bother telling people to "get over it". Don't bother answering that.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Serious question. What is it that people get so excited about? What are the positives that might actually come from this? I am intrigued to know what people are excited about. What positive differences will we notice?

Seem to recall this question was asked last month and all we could get in return was out of CU, SM and end of free movement. Nothing else came forward, we're still waiting

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Seem to recall this question was asked last month and all we could get in return was out of CU, SM and end of free movement. Nothing else came forward, we're still waiting

I don’t understand what benefits people see from being out of the SM and CU. It is very strange. We can already control non eu migration and the numbers are increasing. I don’t understand why people think brexit will be a solution.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

I asked the same question pre-referendum, well almost the same, and that was 'what tangible benefits will Brexit result in'. I didn’t get any answers.

Ideas of ending the jurisdiction of the ECJ etc. are very noble, but ultimately we won’t notice any difference and certainly isnt worth the price of doing so. Instead, if we are to believe ardent Brexiteer Mogg (i.e. probably the most optimistic of outlooks), I will spend the rest of my life worse off as a result of Brexit, as I will likely expire before we notice the supposed benefits of Brexit in 50 years. ****ing great.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I don’t understand what benefits people see from being out of the SM and CU. It is very strange. We can already control non eu migration and the numbers are increasing. I don’t understand why people think brexit will be a solution.

Yeah, but that's all they have, all the more worrying most of the Brexiteers on here I consider to be at the brighter end of the spectrum. Still time, PPF will be home from work soon...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It'll be a disastrous Red White and Blue *no deal*.

And Project Blame will go into overdrive.

Not cool.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Until you define what you mean by "community" you can just twist my answer however you wish.

i know this, its the European Economic Community initiated by the 1957 Treaty of Rome to integrate economies of members, and we joined in 1973. do i win anything?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So it is not a 180 of the recent referendum question. No idea why it is being mentioned.

well i think you brought it up, wanting it defined yesterday. something about what the nation voted to join.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Funny an Australian friend emailed me today how I thought Brexit was going, I just did a google search for the word "Brexit", and said he this is a good summary...

Capture.JPG

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I think it's time remainers stopped having a dig at the leavers.
Since the referendum we are moving along nicely.
We now know that our passports will be a different colour and now we will have to change the pictures and writing on fag packets.
Slowly slowly catchy monkey.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Was not me. I just wanted it defined as people are trying to twist it for their own purposes.

How on earth could anyone twist such a simple question ? One you didn't understand ?

Was not me. I just wanted it defined as people are trying to twist it for their own purposes.

No, YOU have banged on about the government doing something that voters hadn't voted for. I was pointing out that in 1973 we joined the European Community ( it's very worrying you are that uneducated you didn't know what it was ) without any voters approving it. The question I posed was the referendum question in 1975. Strangely it makes no mention of the SM, CU or FoM either but you seem quite happy to accept that the result of THAT vote meant we remain in them. Equally voters had no say when we signed the Lisbon Treaty but once again you don't seem to have a problem with that either. It's only becuase the recent vote went against what you wanted that you now argue that the government shouldn't do things that have been explicitly voted for.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I think it's time remainers stopped having a dig at the leavers.
Since the referendum we are moving along nicely.
We now know that our passports will be a different colour and now we will have to change the pictures and writing on fag packets.
Slowly slowly catchy monkey.

Is it TRUE if we don't strike a trade deal we won't be able to IMPORT our new BLUE passports from FRANCE ???

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I know all of that. I just want you to define what you mean so I can answer and not have you twist it.
When did I say I was happy with the government having us join those things without asking the people? Point to me where I said that! If they didn't ask it is not on regardless of whether I think we should be in them or not. FFS this is why I ask you for definitions as you are twisting and making up my views again!

Good grief .... OK, the European Community, the EEC or as it was more commonly know the 'Common Market'. I'm not sure how I can possibly define it any further. That question is the exact question people were asked in 1975. I guess you wouldn't have voted even if you'd been born as you wouldn't have understood the question.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
So the 7 years it took to negotiate it (and the the Canada deal still isn't fully operational), mainly goods based with very little on services, a hard border in NI and new border checks at all borders to ensure all British goods meet EU regulatory standards in which we would have no say (And WTO to replace all other EU trading agreements with the rest of the world) ?

And 6 months to put it in place. Good luck with that

I can see that you have put a lot of thought into this :lolol:

I did say it's not going to happen. It's like being at the chimps Tea party with you lot. You ask the same questions over and over. You get an answer. Which part do you like. Grow up the lot of you.

Who told you it took 7 months? Been talking to your mate again.

As I said the chequers deal is not what I voted for and would rather have no deal than that.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I worked today for a lady who works in HR for a large company that employs many migrant workers to do the shittiest of jobs.
(Better not name any names or type of company)
We got talking about brexit and she said that without freedom of movement and reductions in migration they are going to be right up shit creek, this is a very large nationwide company.

Jan 30, 2008
I did say it's not going to happen. It's like being at the chimps Tea party with you lot. You ask the same questions over and over. You get an answer. Which part do you like. Grow up the lot of you.

Who told you it took 7 months? Been talking to your mate again.

As I said the chequers deal is not what I voted for and would rather have no deal than that.

most people that voted leave voted for no freedom of movement, no customs union ,no single market, no more paying into the EU and TAKING BACK CONTROL OF OUR LAWS, what's not to like
regards
DR

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here