View Poll Results: Is Theresa May is out of her depth?

Voters
575. You may not vote on this poll
  • She doesn't know what she is doing

    405 70.43%
  • She knows exactly what she is doing

    170 29.57%
Page 5047 of 5685 FirstFirst ... 4047454749474997503750445045504650475048504950505057509751475547 ... LastLast
Results 50,461 to 50,470 of 56841
  1. #50461
    Members
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A long way from the coast...
    Posts
    6,259


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bashlsdir View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We shouldn't have sold mini to the BMW group for starters. That's how little faith and support our government's showed towards manufacturing over the years. Saying that the Italians sold out to the Germans too. Letting go of any manufacturing to another country is just plain crazy.
    Unfortunately, its not just the government when it comes to manufacturing its the whole British approach to investment to Engineering

    That said motor manufacturing under foreign ownership is a modern day success story for UK industry, our local BMW plant in Oxford has surpassed all expectations.

    In total 2016, some 1.7m UK made cars were shipped with 56% going to the EU

    Still seems this industry that employs some 1m people is worth sacrificing for Brexit ideology though
    Brexit is like trying to remove the egg from an omelette. Updated 2018

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #50462
      We wunt be druv ManOfSussex's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2016
      Location
      Rape of Hastings
      Posts
      8,658


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Westdene Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Indeed - thank god Javid has ripped up Rudd's plans and instead will introduce equal immigration rules across the board - no more favourtism to EU citizens. It'll the annoy the EU like hell but tough.
      When's he introducing that then?
      Each to his choice, and I rejoice the lot has fallen to me
      In a fair ground-in a fair ground -
      Yea, Sussex by the sea!
    • #50463
      We wunt be druv ManOfSussex's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2016
      Location
      Rape of Hastings
      Posts
      8,658


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pastafarian View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Remainer MP`s got shafted, dont know whether to laugh or laugh.
      If you say so pasta. I really hope they have as well though. The sooner this pack of cards comes crashing down, the better.
      Each to his choice, and I rejoice the lot has fallen to me
      In a fair ground-in a fair ground -
      Yea, Sussex by the sea!
    • #50464
      aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      The arse end of Hangleton
      Posts
      15,132


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ManOfSussex View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      When's he introducing that then?
      According to the Sunday Times it's being written now and he hopes to have it ready for the next round of EU discussions. Allegedly May isn't happy but given she's shown eff all leadership it's good to see ministers such as Javid and Gove actually getting to grips with their departments and ploughing ahead regardless.
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."
    • #50465
      Members
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Posts
      7,002


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Did you get a ban for abusing @The Clamp?
      You turned your back on @The Clamp when he was called out quite rightly as a liar, no more 'thumbs up' or 'virtual high fives' from you, you ignored him entirely.

      Receiving a few justified digs from an adversary and not a word of support from a supposed forum buddy says it all really, you now offering up @The Clamp for yet another deserved kicking in a failed attempt to make a point against @Westdene Seagull shows what I have always said, you are the ultimate 'me me me me ' poster, if I was @The Clamp I would be thinking 'who needs enemies when I have got friends like him' .............................
    • #50466
      We wunt be druv ManOfSussex's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2016
      Location
      Rape of Hastings
      Posts
      8,658


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Westdene Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      According to the Sunday Times it's being written now and he hopes to have it ready for the next round of EU discussions. Allegedly May isn't happy but given she's shown eff all leadership it's good to see ministers such as Javid and Gove actually getting to grips with their departments and ploughing ahead regardless.
      Yes, it's not being introduced then, is it. It's merely a proposal and as the cabinet is still split on the idea and can't agree, hope of having it ready by the next round of discussions in October is about all he does have. The immigration white paper was supposed to be published last summer. Additionally according to The Times, The EU will fire down the googly of free movement again onto the negotiating table in October just before or at or around the time of the party conferences.

      'Hopes to have it ready' - you've summed Brexit up quite well there.
      Each to his choice, and I rejoice the lot has fallen to me
      In a fair ground-in a fair ground -
      Yea, Sussex by the sea!
    • #50467
      Members Herr Tubthumper's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      The Fatherland
      Posts
      42,752


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BigGully View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You turned your back on @The Clamp when he was called out quite rightly as a liar, no more 'thumbs up' or 'virtual high fives' from you, you ignored him entirely.

      Receiving a few justified digs from an adversary and not a word of support from a supposed forum buddy says it all really, you now offering up @The Clamp for yet another deserved kicking in a failed attempt to make a point against @Westdene Seagull shows what I have always said, you are the ultimate 'me me me me ' poster, if I was @The Clamp I would be thinking 'who needs enemies when I have got friends like him' .............................
      This a pretty low and shit stirring post. Its probably best I leave it here.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
    • #50468
      Members Hamilton's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      7,579


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by JC Footy Genius View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Your question rather sums up the contempt some people on the remain side have for our long established democratic process. Huge majority ... in fact, any majority should be ignored if it doesn't suit your pov.
      You really have absolutely no idea about the role of Parliament do you? You talk about 'long-established democratic process' and then complain when Parliament attempts to do its job. The role of Parliament is to implement legislation that is in the long-term best interests of the UK. It is not to implement the result of referendum. I'm assuming you still wish to stand by your admiration for our 'long established democratic process', or are you in fact in favour of forcing through legislation that goes against the wishes of a significant number of people in this country?

      UK Governments are elected by the people to propose legislation. They are here today, gone tomorrow affairs, often elected by a minority of the people. Parliament is there to ensure that all Acts are held up to proper scrutiny. Perhaps, after all, you are not an admirer of our long-established democratic process and would rather see a single house of representative force through legislation. This is not the basis upon which UK sovereignty has worked, nor in my opinion, as a proud Brit and Englishman, should work. By all means, reform the upper house, but remember its role as one of the 3 checks and balances within Parliament.

      I'm sure you'll come back and tell me that you knew all this, in which case that's fine. It just means you have no respect for our 'long established democratic process.'
      Either that wallpaper goes or I do
    • #50469

      2 Not allowed!
      Grizzlers in damage limitation spin now I see , wonderful scenes
      regards
      DR
    • #50470
      Members Simster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Surrey
      Posts
      46,274


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by El Presidente View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Sadly, following some of the unwarranted abuse he received whilst carrying out his mod duties he’s decided to ditch NSC.
      I apologised to him via PM for my part in that, as I realise I did go over the top. Sadly, he probably hasn't picked it up - or at least hasn't responded. Therefore, please pass it on if you are still in touch with him.

      For all of that, I do feel he's being a bit of a snowflake if he's decided to bin off NSC just because of that one thread, where incidentally, he didn't help himself.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.