Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
VoteLeave broke the law. This is a petition to rescind Article 50, because of the illegality. You can see the numbers visibly rising and rising.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/223729

Desperate. For starters the EC is considering investigating the remain campaign as well so it's a bit premature from remainers to be going down this road.

Now for the logic - the petition obviously will get the numbers it needs for CONSIDERATION of discussion in the house. Let's say that consideration is granted - when is it going to be discussed ? Parliament doesn't sit again until September. Even if it gets the first sitting ( which it won't ) and gets the votes ( which it might ), it will need a whole new act written and passed to recind A50 - all before the end of March ! And remainers say leavers live in a fantasy world :facepalm:

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
1)

9) Quick bespoke trade deals. ( The EU moves very slowly )

Yes the one thing about trade deals is they are all done so quickly.

I am getting a teeny weeny bit concerned about having access to the drugs to keep my diabetic daughter alive if we (as seems increasingly likely) leave with no deal, but I'm sure it's nothing be concerned about. Brexit is going to be absolutely amazing.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Leavers getting very desperate I see. Starting to realise the mess you were conned into voting for? It's okay, I don't expect an admission, nobody likes the realisation they've been had. Just try and conduct yourselves with a bit more dignity that you have over the last few days.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Also, WTF, there are a tiny number of brexitters (ranging from the deluded through to the malignant) keeping this thread going by antagonising the worried remainers (and worried former brexitters) with arrant nonsense, laugable assertions and deliberate lies.

Incidentally, I have friends and acquaintances from (and living) all round the world and not one thinks we are doing ourselves any favours. Why some Brexiters imagine we will appear a more attractive trade partner to China, Japan, Australia etc after we have left the EU, and 'free' to bore their bollocks off by requiring new and separate deals with this new and smaller (than the EU) trading partner, is beyond me. Imagine the Sainsbury booze section 'Sainsbrexiting', and being 'free' to set its prices separate from Sainsbury; there would be a separate entrance, of course, and we customers would have the 'freedom' to pay for our food and booze separately, to different people. WHAT a bonanza. In fact, we would remember that with the convenience of a one stop shop gone, we might as well pay for our groceries and drive round to Majestic which has a much better selection of wines.

Let's face it. After Brexit our trade is ****ed. Unless of course we get rid of EU employment protection and pay our workers third world wages, restricting union rights further, etc. Why Corbyn didn't see this is....actualy not beyond me because Corbyn is an idiot. Boris is a ******* and Corbyn an idiot. What a bloody nightmare.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just heard on LBC the Kate Hoey will not attend the next Vauxhall Labour meeting, where they are discussing her deselection

That's what you get for voting with the Tories and letting Labour down.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Desperate. For starters the EC is considering investigating the remain campaign as well so it's a bit premature from remainers to be going down this road.

Now for the logic - the petition obviously will get the numbers it needs for CONSIDERATION of discussion in the house. Let's say that consideration is granted - when is it going to be discussed ? Parliament doesn't sit again until September. Even if it gets the first sitting ( which it won't ) and gets the votes ( which it might ), it will need a whole new act written and passed to recind A50 - all before the end of March ! And remainers say leavers live in a fantasy world :facepalm:

Do you really think we will get through to next March without a General Election?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I watched Keir Starmer completely skewer the hapless Raab today in the most polite and calm fashion. This wasn't an ideological onslaught but mainly centred on the total nonsense of so-called reciprocity with respect to the collection of tariffs in the White Paper. This just exposed the, at best, botched nature of the document. It was just about the only bright spark in a pretty desperate day as we stumble closer to the edge of that cliff cheered on by baying Leavers.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just as long as the rich can still put their fortune into tax havens, and/or move their business interests to Ireland, Malta and keep their French villas.

In the meantime, I know several people who won't be able to take their holidays or visit grandchildren because the EH1C will become invalid, and due to existing conditions, cannot get travel insurance.

European girls who have married British men, will be forced to take out British citizenship despite having lived here, worked here and paid taxes here, just so that they can stay with their own children.
No Freedom of movement means nobody can retire to Spain any more.

You'd be amazed the number of poorly educated Brits that reside on the Costas and voted leave. Many were fed up with Britain, the turkey's left and then voted for Christmas

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
All you need to know about Brexit, from the Government's own figures. Even the softest option would be a disaster. Surely even the staunchest leaver (or at least those with an ounce of intelligence) must be asking is it really worth it. Utter madness. IMG_20180718_003059.jpg

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
All you need to know about Brexit, from the Government's own figures. Even the softest option would be a disaster. Surely even the staunchest leaver (or at least those with an ounce of intelligence) must be asking is it really worth it. Utter madness.View attachment 98843

I'm sorry, they're are still chasing Unicorns....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
All you need to know about Brexit, from the Government's own figures. Even the softest option would be a disaster. Surely even the staunchest leaver (or at least those with an ounce of intelligence) must be asking is it really worth it. Utter madness.View attachment 98843
Yes, it's a complete disaster and the country will be damaged for decades - but not a lot we can do about it unless the Government falls, and even that may not be enough. Oh well.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

That won't phase any of them, as long as they can share it on social media to signal their virtue.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"Over August and September we are going to be releasing a number of technical notifications to set out what UK citizens and businesses need to do in a no deal scenario, so making much more public awareness of the preparations. We imagine there are going to be around 70 of those technical notices that will be issued."

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I have no time at all for Hoey, who despite being a London MP is pro-hunting as well as pro Brexit. But I can't help suspecting she's a momentum target because she's an awkward sod, not because she betrayed labour's 'valiant attempt' (*irony* alert for the benefit of the perpetually whooshed) to stop the Brexit cluster****. If Corbyn is serious about the latter he should start by sacking himself for a failure of leadership on the issue.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
what does the law say the penalty should be for breach of electrol law?

If it was for Remain,I would imagine at least a knighthood and a holiday in Grand Cayman to set up their bank account.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here