Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The UK are going have to accept free movement/open borders which what majority voted against.

As has been pointed out dozens of times, that's not true. The question was whether remained a member of the EU or not - nothing about free movement or open borders.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
As has been pointed out dozens of times, that's not true. The question was whether remained a member of the EU or not - nothing about free movement or open borders.

If you leave the EEA then free movement stops if you stay in then it stays, basically everyone knew that.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
No one really had a clue what it meant.

They did because the EU told us that right at the start and repeated it again and again, that we can't pick and choose, you either are part of the EEA and abide by it laws on free movement of people or you leave.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If you leave the EEA then free movement stops if you stay in then it stays, basically everyone knew that.

The question was whether we leave the EU or not: there was no mention of the EEA on the referendum. And not only are we still a member but we haven't yet applied to leave.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
The question was whether we leave the EU or not: there was no mention of the EEA on the referendum. And not only are we still a member but we haven't yet applied to leave.

We were told what that question means and our options by the EU during referendum.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We were told what that question means and our options by the EU during referendum.

We were all told a thousand and one things but the question was whether the UK leaves the EU or not.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just shut the f*ck up and try and do something more positive than just keep dissing the UK

But the UK is a absolute ****ing shambles and an embarassment at the moment; can you not see this? And I’d rather people say something than come out with oh-please-stop-complaining bollocks like you.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The ECJ will continue to play a role, because the agreement says UK courts will have to pay "due regard" to its decisions on an indefinite basis. And for eight years after Brexit, the UK courts will refer questions of interpretation directly to the ECJ.

This is not what the U.K. voted for, pathetic

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
But the UK is a absolute ****ing shambles and an embarassment at the moment; can you not see this? And I’d rather people say something than come out with oh-please-stop-complaining bollocks like you.

So what have you done to try and correct what you see as an injustice in the vote. All you do is just moan about it and think that will change something. I could be wrong but if so then can you list all the positive things you have done to try and sway those that have an influence on the outcome. Maybe you don’t really give a toss if you live in the fatherland and that is where your priorities lie.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Amazing how tomorrow's Tory rags like the Mail are hailing this as a triumph for May

They’re preparing the ground for a face-saving soft Brexit.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
No, I wasnt disappointed. I was relieved. Race baiting? Along with all the British media, and international media? Im comfortable with that.

Yes plenty of the media along with you were guilty of race baiting and frothing at the bit, loads of conjecture before the facts on what was a sensitive issue murder. You may well be comfortable with race-baiting because you were not alone and well hey others were doing it as well anyway, so that`s ok then. Personally I would never want to be comfortable being a c### like that.
Sums you up really.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The UK are going have to accept free movement/open borders which what majority voted against. It's a complete shit show for everyone.

If we were keeping free movement/open borders as in keeping the status quo as to what exists now then there would be no need to set out in detail how various rights of EU citizens here and UK citizens abroad will be handled in a completely new set of arrangements post Brexit. The fact they are being discussed and negotiated should at the very least inform you freedom of movement is ending.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The French sticking the boot in ..,

From Liberation

" ....Juncker and Barnier had the decency to show the utmost diplomacy to a country that ended up on its knees at the end of the first stage of the negotiations ..."

Ouch

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
So what have you done to try and correct what you see as an injustice in the vote. All you do is just moan about it and think that will change something. I could be wrong but if so then can you list all the positive things you have done to try and sway those that have an influence on the outcome. Maybe you don’t really give a toss if you live in the fatherland and that is where your priorities lie.
Why is pointing out how one sees things in a factual manner now called "moaning"? It sounds as if you think that debate is a bad thing and we should all just shut up and accept our fate.

I'm not sure I've actually been able to make the slightest difference to any political decision ever made. Does that mean I'm not allowed to complain when I disagree with the decisions that were/are made?

Complete nonsense.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
ok wanker

Yeah youre right, nobody was attacked. Nobody was told they were leaving. Youre still a wanker though. Remarkable.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ome-office-europeans-xenophobia-a8004716.html

No, I wasnt disappointed. I was relieved. Race baiting? Along with all the British media, and international media? Im comfortable with that.
Doesnt change the fact that youre a wanker does it.
Anyway, sorry, but I feel a little uncomfortable posting to somebody whose typing hand is probably somewhat sticky.
Cheers

And of course you've never had a **** have you :facepalm:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
financial settlement manages to avoid any explicit number being published.

skim readding bits, it looks like they've behaved like grown ups, they are accepting we're really going to do this and lets make it amicable.

The financial settlement was never going to be a set in stone figure, annoyingly the major press and media all characterised it as a fee when it was always about what we would be responsible to pay for, and some of those things are impossible to set an exact figure to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here