Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Um,,,,,so what.
A directive on citizens and there families to move and live freely around member states with conditions months after they have gained entry anyway has no bearing on the process of border controls at the point of entry with quotas and permissions to enter for work or living prior to entry being gained.
I hope you wernt suggesting chasing people up who want to come and live and work here months after they have freely waltzed in anyway now constitutes adequate border control .......that would be spectacularly daft.

So what?
haha

Im also not suggesting ANYTHING. Just providing you with the information you have struggled to find.
You can blame the EU all you want. The simple fact is, the British government have the means, but havnt implemented them. These inept, incompetents, are the people you are relying on for Brexit. Good luck.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
These inept, incompetents, are the people you are relying on for Brexit. Good luck.

More specifically a Government department known as 'The Home Office' enforced by an agency of it known as 'The Border Force', who with their compliment reduced by nearly 25% since 2010, preside over anywhere between 300,000 and 1 million people in The UK illegally at present, as nobody's quite sure.

(Just think - If only 10% of EU nationals fail to apply for Settled Status, that figure will grown by another 300,000.)

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
So what?
haha

Im also not suggesting ANYTHING. Just providing you with the information you have struggled to find.
You can blame the EU all you want. The simple fact is, the British government have the means, but havnt implemented them. These inept, incompetents, are the people you are relying on for Brexit. Good luck.

Struggled to find? Dont be so clueless dave, ive quoted these directives a number of times.
Yes there should be residency checks but the residency issue months after citizens have freely waltzed across our border anyway to come here to work and live dont not address taking back control of our borders and adequate border controls. Only the extreme free for all types claim checks months after entry is adequate and sufficient
What we are struggling to find here is the EU mechanism that allows us to control our borders with permits to enter prior to entry for living and working, allows quotas on numbers entering specific to a tier entry band, such as we currently do with non EU citizens that want to come here to work and live, a mechanism that would allow us to take back control and managed immigration equally across EU and non EU.
Apparently we have always had these controls at our disposal that we could use whilst being members that wouldnt affect membership but dont use them.......oddly enough no one seems to be able to track down this mythical mechanism.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
More specifically a Government department known as 'The Home Office' enforced by an agency of it known as 'The Border Force', who with their compliment reduced by nearly 25% since 2010, preside over anywhere between 300,000 and 1 million people in The UK illegally at present, as nobody's quite sure.

(Just think - If only 10% of EU nationals fail to apply for Settled Status, that figure will grown by another 300,000.)

Illegal immigration is a separate issue and shouldnt be confused with legitimate immigration.
Hardly anyone likes illegal immigration taking the piss, working in the black economy and not contributing to UK plc.
Its why the public still supports the hostile environment on illegal immigrants even after windrush.

windrush.jpg

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2018/04/27/where-public-stands-immigration

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Illegal immigration is a separate issue and shouldnt be confused with legitimate immigration.
Hardly anyone likes illegal immigration taking the piss, working in the black economy and not contributing to UK plc.
Its why the public still supports the hostile environment on illegal immigrants even after windrush.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2018/04/27/where-public-stands-immigration

I'm not confusing it with legitimate immigration, nor am I condoning it or saying anyone supports it - I'm just pointing out illegal immigration is only going to get worse after Brexit as our already stretched enforcement resources become more stretched on this tinpot little island of ours that can't control it's borders.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
That is you creating a jpeg that you then post on here losing all source and supporting information :facepalm:

So it's definitely not this reason you gave for not posting links, diametrically opposed to your current reasoning

Or this reason for you not posting links

I have to say, you seem a little confused as to your reasons for not posting links like any normal person would ???

:lolol:For a start it's not a jpeg you lazy object.You seem to be the one who is confused.If you have the time to search through my posts and put them on here(you are a bit creepy),then you have the time to Ask Alexa,or ask Google,or your tea-boy.Where is the proof of your definition of normality?Could you post a link,as I'm sure you wouldn't fit it.The Watford Stalker-sounds like a good name for a BBC thriller.:lolol:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Be interested to know in the two years since the ref how many leave voters have passed away from old age - I personally know of 3.

You are really sick in the head.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I did see a report that by the end of January 2019 natural mortality rates will have removed the 2016 leave majority.

So in other words, if an exact repeat of the 2016 referendum was held with two simple rules - (1) Only people who voted in 2016 could vote this time and (2) They had to vote the same way as before - then there would be a majority for remain.

It's a sobering thought - the remit for Brexit would have disappeared before it even happened.

In itself, this is not a case for simply not leaving. It does however strengthen the case for another referendum.

What a load of guff.As people grow older (most normal people,anyway) they get wisdom,and learn the error of their ways.Old age and death come to everyone,not just Brexiteers.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
:lolol:For a start it's not a jpeg you lazy object.You seem to be the one who is confused.If you have the time to search through my posts and put them on here(you are a bit creepy),then you have the time to Ask Alexa,or ask Google,or your tea-boy.Where is the proof of your definition of normality?Could you post a link,as I'm sure you wouldn't fit it.The Watford Stalker-sounds like a good name for a BBC thriller.:lolol:

Spliting hairs to say the least - not a lot of difference bewteen a jpeg and a png but then we all know how good you are with all things technology. Strange name you've given it as well !

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I am talking about a No Deal Brexit and there's nothing to indicate that it is going to be anything else (at the moment)

There was a human chain around Downing Street protesting about this which has been covered extensively in the foreign press but nothing from the UK media, at all.

https://www.philstar.com/world/2018...sters-form-human-chain-outside-downing-street

[tweet]1059729638690353152[/tweet]

Don't look like 3 million to me.More like the same loonies there every day.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Spliting hairs to say the least - not a lot of difference bewteen a jpeg and a png but then we all know how good you are with all things technology. Strange name you've given it as well !

Well if Watford creepy wants to pull me up,I'm more than capable of giving it back.Technology is only as good as the person with the on/off button allows it to be.Using it is enough for me-I don't need to know what 5G is to use it.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I am talking about a No Deal Brexit and there's nothing to indicate that it is going to be anything else (at the moment)

There was a human chain around Downing Street protesting about this which has been covered extensively in the foreign press but nothing from the UK media, at all.

https://www.philstar.com/world/2018...sters-form-human-chain-outside-downing-street

[tweet]1059729638690353152[/tweet]

They are the forgotten 3 million and hung out to dry, treated disgracefully by this government. The 1 million plus Brits in Europe haven't fared any better either, most have been left in the dark

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I'm not confusing it with legitimate immigration, nor am I condoning it or saying anyone supports it - I'm just pointing out illegal immigration is only going to get worse after Brexit as our already stretched enforcement resources become more stretched on this tinpot little island of ours that can't control it's borders.

Its good to see you recognise the fact that this wonderful island will continue to attract people here ( even the unwanted illegals) after brexit.
Makes you wonder why people continue to want to come here if one believes the rabid doomers who say we are nation awash with xenophobes and racists in the dying throws of economic meltdown and soon to be an economic basket case. Its almost as if they are full of crap.
I wonder after brexit how many eu citizens will chose to live and work here illegally and will consider that a preferable option to working and living legally in whats left of the EU. That certainly wouldnt be a glowing reference for the EU CV

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well if Watford creepy wants to pull me up,I'm more than capable of giving it back.Technology is only as good as the person with the on/off button allows it to be.Using it is enough for me-I don't need to know what 5G is to use it.

I am certainly impressed by your ability to 'give it back'. As I am equally with your grasp of Technology and Pushtu

My internet security tells me not to,and the ITK people on here are always telling us to trust experts.Some sites will only give you very basic access to their sites from a non-HTTPS site.They might as well be talking in Pushtu as far as I'm concerned,but then I didn't go to university.

And your grasp of the Single Market

If we are not in the Single Market,we can make deals with anybody.How do you think France and Germany do deals with other countries?Do they ask the rest of the EU before they sell anything?

And your grasp of free trade deal timelines

God,you Losers are so stupid it really is remarkable you remember to breathe.Try reading things first before crowing about an EU/Japan free trade deal-it doesn't exist!An agreement in principle has been reached,that is all.It could take up to 15 years to implement,and I doubt the EU will still exist by then.:lolol:

How 15 years becomes 2 years Maybe we could learn something here for our Brexit negotiations ?

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
After further pages and pages of whataboutism, we haven't had one of these for a while and it is obvious from the constant references from a few posters on here, how popular these are

I really can't see anything beyond the three options

1/ Soft Brexit with No borders and regulatory alignment

2/ No agreement and WTO

3/ Withdraw article 50

Shirley, any negotiation now will only be minor fine-tuning on one of the above

From this time last year - spooky huh ?

meg1_29088a_400x400.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They are the forgotten 3 million and hung out to dry, treated disgracefully by this government. The 1 million plus Brits in Europe haven't fared any better either, most have been left in the dark

The Brits in Europe have a court case coming up (I think it's the 27th Nov) about being denied a vote in the Referendum.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

we've established they haven't been forgotten. not sure what the EU has offered to UK citizens in Europe, are they not reciprocating the arrangement?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Its good to see you recognise the fact that this wonderful island will continue to attract people here ( even the unwanted illegals) after brexit.
Makes you wonder why people continue to want to come here if one believes the rabid doomers who say we are nation awash with xenophobes and racists in the dying throws of economic meltdown and soon to be an economic basket case. Its almost as if they are full of crap.
I wonder after brexit how many eu citizens will chose to live and work here illegally and will consider that a preferable option to working and living legally in whats left of the EU. That certainly wouldnt be a glowing reference for the EU CV

If you're from the developing world, as most illegal immigrants are, anywhere you can go to get out of it is better than there and the softer the touch of the western country, the better. So somewhere like here - a tinpot, moribund, English speaking, little island country, that has up to 1 million illegals already present - is a good place to chance your arm as any.

Illegal EU citizens here after Brexit will be the ones who don't apply for Settled Status - the elderly, the mentally ill, the ones with learning difficulties, the ones who aren't online and don't find it as easy as setting up an LK Bennett account, the ones who can't afford to shop at LK Bennett and therefore can't afford the fee, the ones who don't know about it, the ones who don't speak English, the ones in the black economy, the human trafficking victims...........I think 10% not applying for it is an optimistic figure and it'll be topped up with new arrivals from Romania and Bulgaria in due course too. Brexit is certainly going to be a good long-term business opportunity for those into smuggling and people trafficking.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
we've established they haven't been forgotten. not sure what the EU has offered to UK citizens in Europe, are they not reciprocating the arrangement?

Nobody said they've been forgotten but they are getting turned down whilst applying for residency. I've given three examples of that just this afternoon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here