Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Do you genuinely think that Boris, Foxy and Gove would make a good/better job of it? Maybe Nigel? I suspect negotiations would have broken down by now if so. (But thanks goodness we'll never know.)

You're muddling up who you don't like politically with whom might be a better negotiator with the hand that is held.

As an avid Remainer you cannot begin to imagine a better economic/political outcome the farther we are away from the EU whilst others do, Boris, Fox or Gove wouldn't strive to deliver your preferred outcome would they, so you say they are incapable, but that's not necessarily true.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
So you agree then that it’s been Remainers running the negotiations.

Hallelujah.

I believe that we should have been preparing to No Deal from the outset. Real preparations. I agree there will be disruption in a No Deal scenario, but once that happens, everyone will then work at resolving the issues. There will be short-term and medium-term impacts, but, where we disagree is that I feel that once we are free from the protectionist EU (which it is as it has over 12,000 tariffs which is charges), we will be able to diverge and grow.

Of course remainers have been running it, that is why the Tories are at war and split, it's why Boris has gone and it's why Nigel has re-entered the ring (lord help us, are people seriously going to believe him for a 2nd time)
The key to all this is Teresa May, what is really on her mind, what is she up to and going to do.
She has a terrible record of saying one thing to appease and doing another and downright lying.
She is also extremely weak, is she setting all this up for a no deal, she is a very spiteful woman and a through and through remainer, she is probably thinking, ok you lot want to leave, then watch this, she won't care, just like Cameron and other prime ministers they will just disappear with their fortune and it will all be the fault of someone else or another party.
Don't trust her at all, if you believe anything she and eyore says and if you think they will do what's best for the country then you are a fool.
It wasn't a democratic vote in her eyes, it was a result that neither Cameron or May wanted, expected or believe in.

larus

Of course remainers have been running it, that is why the Tories are at war and split, it's why Boris has gone and it's why Nigel has re-entered the ring (lord help us, are people seriously going to believe him for a 2nd time)
The key to all this is Teresa May, what is really on her mind, what is she up to and going to do.
She has a terrible record of saying one thing to appease and doing another and downright lying.
She is also extremely weak, is she setting all this up for a no deal, she is a very spiteful woman and a through and through remainer, she is probably thinking, ok you lot want to leave, then watch this, she won't care, just like Cameron and other prime ministers they will just disappear with their fortune and it will all be the fault of someone else or another party.
Don't trust her at all, if you believe anything she and eyore says and if you think they will do what's best for the country then you are a fool.
It wasn't a democratic vote in her eyes, it was a result that neither Cameron or May wanted, expected or believe in.

Agree 100%.

I’ll say this for her though. She’s managed to achieve something which I thought was impossible. She has managed to get Leavers, Remainers and the EU all united on one thing.

The one thing is that Chequers is a sh1te solution which does not work.

The sooner she goes the better. I just hope that gather ground root Tory associations have let their local MP know in direct language exactly what they think of her plan and what the outcome will be. TM is so far pout of touch with reality it’s embarrassing. She has not clue, has no ability to think on her feet and can only regurgitate her current message when asked different questions. I cringe when I see her interviewed/questioned.

I despised Cameron and Bliar, but at least they had the ability to actually interact with the media/people. How has May ever got here? What a f*cking disaster.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Tell me, who on the Leave side has been actively involved in the negotiations with the EU?

David Davis was marginalised by TM telling the EU to deal with Olly Robbins, so you can’t say him.

Let me give you a clue as to who has been the architects of the policy,
1 Teresa the appeaser.
2 Spreadsheet Phil. We’ll prepare for No Deal when we need to. Doh, great plan you dickhead.
3. Olly Robbins. A civil servant who has been TMs sidekick since the home office.

So rather than the usual remainer retort of “You leavers f*cked it up”, please tell me who has been running the negotiations and hitch diode there were (are) on.

One more time - this is what you voted for.

I accept completely that it isn't what you thought you were voting for, but maybe if you had given it a little more thought before you voted, you would have seen that this is exactly what was most likely to happen with a leave vote. If you really think that there was some sort of 'ideal' solution somewhere between the two we are left with, then you really are in fantasyland.

I can understand you being taken in by Nige, Boris and co, but it is this complete reluctance to accept any responsibility for what you've done that pisses me off. FFS grow a pair and take responsibility for what you've done. This constant whining of 'it wasn't my fault' is truly pathetic .

Last edited:

larus

I accept completely that it isn't what you thought you were voting for, but maybe if you had given it a little more thought before you voted, you would have seen that this is exactly what was most likely to happen with a leave vote.

I can understand you being taken in by Nige, Boris and co, but it is this complete reluctance to accept any responsibility for what you've done that pisses me off. FFS grow a pair and take responsibility for what you've done. This constant whining of 'it wasn't my fault' is truly pathetic .

As per usual, you ignore the question.

Who on the Leave side is dealing with the negotiations? Just answer that one simple question.

larus

Dominic Raab

No. He’s been tasked with preparing for a No Deal, as the negotiations are being handled by the office set up within No 10 and headed up by Olly Robbins.

On the news here recently, Rabb and Robbins were in front of a select committee, and they took the pee out of Rabb (as the announcement about the ‘revised’ role for Robbins was announced formally to the media just before the committee convened).

The committee suggested that they swapped seats as in fact Robbins was the one running the negotiations.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
No. He’s been tasked with preparing for a No Deal, as the negotiations are being handled by the office set up within No 10 and headed up by Olly Robbins.

On the news here recently, Rabb and Robbins were in front of a select committee, and they took the pee out of Rabb (as the announcement about the ‘revised’ role for Robbins was announced formally to the media just before the committee convened).

The committee suggested that they swapped seats as in fact Robbins was the one running the negotiations.

hmm its a pickle isnt it.
Take back control and hand it to a merry band of clowns.

larus

hmm its a pickle isnt it.
Take back control and hand it to a merry band of clowns.

I could accept taking the abuse that “This is what you voted for”,”It’s your fault as you believed their lies” etc. if we had true Brexit supporters engaged with the process. We don’t, but at least you seem to be, reluctantly, accepting that point.

Negotiations only work if both sides are prepared to walk away. The problem has been that TM and her cronies have never been prepared to. She keeps giving in to the EU, so why should they negotiate. Just keep saying No and TM gives more concessions.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Agree 100%.

I’ll say this for her though. She’s managed to achieve something which I thought was impossible. She has managed to get Leavers, Remainers and the EU all united on one thing.

The one thing is that Chequers is a sh1te solution which does not work.

The sooner she goes the better. I just hope that gather ground root Tory associations have let their local MP know in direct language exactly what they think of her plan and what the outcome will be. TM is so far pout of touch with reality it’s embarrassing. She has not clue, has no ability to think on her feet and can only regurgitate her current message when asked different questions. I cringe when I see her interviewed/questioned.

I despised Cameron and Bliar, but at least they had the ability to actually interact with the media/people. How has May ever got here? What a f*cking disaster.

Agreed.
This is really going to hurt but as we have stupidly voted to leave I would prefer one of the leavers to take over, but who, and you have to remember that they will also be runner the country as well.
Boris? Please no can you imagine it.
Gove? As big a prat as Boris, we will all be talking in Latin.
Rees Mogg. Idiot but there is something about him that makes me wonder but I'm trying to resist it, we will all have to wear top hats
Anyone else?
I can't think of one leaver who I would have confidence in, they are all bonkers
General Election ? another unknown quantity but I can't be worse, it's impossible.
What a total mess we are in and it is so important for the kids, their kids and the whole country.
Maybe something decent will be pulled out the bag, but it will all be spun.
What the **** have we gone and done.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Hmm, I think someone doesn’t understand tariffs. Typical thick reaminer :lol:

This conversation between Jason Hunter (who has done billions of dollars of trade deals) and Nigel Farage is interesting.

[tweet]1030788975273955328[/tweet]

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You can't just do deals with France and Germany. Who doesn't understand the Single Market? Who is the thicky here? And I'm a leaver.

If we are not in the Single Market,we can make deals with anybody.How do you think France and Germany do deals with other countries?Do they ask the rest of the EU before they sell anything?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

I accept completely that it isn't what you thought you were voting for, but maybe if you had given it a little more thought before you voted, you would have seen that this is exactly what was most likely to happen with a leave vote. If you really think that there was some sort of 'ideal' solution somewhere between the two we are left with, then you really are in fantasyland.

You still on here Jackanory?Didn't you watch the Newcastle game?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here