Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Fake news which according to the Tories is now illegal so please refer yourself to the compliance unit

Oh no..fell for fake twitter news.

I am suitably chastised.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I see Nick Clegg is finally waving the white flag ... 'Soft Brexit is dead'. Who's next?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/02/06/soft-brexit-dead-nick-clegg-admits-defeat/

Well yes, he seems to be assuming that something Theresa May has said is true. That's a novel concept but in this case he is probably right. In these febrile and chaotic Brexiting times it is difficult to predict the future but most people would assume, right now, that we will leave the customs union. I do. It doesn't mean that I will stop supporting those who are trying to stop it happening. Now. Your point. Are you making one or are you just jeering and crowing and going ticktockticktock like Pretty Pink Fairy and the rest of your contingent? Perhaps you are just one of the angry old men being referred to?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Don't forget the numerous unpleasant comments specifically aimed at the older generation 'hope they die soon' etc.

Now death threats to an 80 year-old woman.

REMAIN LOONS SEND DEATH THREAT TO 80 YEAR-OLD BREXITER

https://order-order.com/2018/02/05/remain-loons-send-death-threat-80-year-old-brexiter/

Bit thin on detail that story, a picture of a typed letter and the statement "this was sent to an 80 year old Brexiter". No mention of it being reported to police, or police action on it. But, it's on the internet, must be true!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Well yes, he seems to be assuming that something Theresa May has said is true. That's a novel concept but in this case he is probably right. In these febrile and chaotic Brexiting times it is difficult to predict the future but most people would assume, right now, that we will leave the customs union. I do. It doesn't mean that I will stop supporting those who are trying to stop it happening. Now. Your point. Are you making one or are you just jeering and crowing and going ticktockticktock like Pretty Pink Fairy and the rest of your contingent? Perhaps you are just one of the angry old men being referred to?

What form does your 'support' take exactly? Shouty letter to the Guardian, boring friends and family rigid ... perhaps a donation to Soubry/Umunna re election campaigns?

Yes I noticed the casual lazy agesim from Cleggars aswell. Typical Lib Dem intolerance. Helps create the environment where people think it acceptable to send death threats to pensioners.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
With the Tory right seeming to be pulling the strings again, can December's agreement of EU Citizens Rights, the divorce bill and the Irish border hold?

Need to be made legally binding PFQ if things are going to move on.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
With the Tory right seeming to be pulling the strings again, can December's agreement of EU Citizens Rights, the divorce bill and the Irish border hold?

Which shows you've not been paying attention. Probably due to your remain blinkeredness. BOTH sides have stated that the December agreement is open for alteration during the further stages of negociations. So it's a tad difficult and rather pointless making it legally binding at the moment.

Jan 30, 2008

grizzle , sniff , grizzle
regards
DR

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

I see as you're now having to utilise The Daily Express as a more credible source than Guido Fawkes blog site with one paragraph articles complete with pictures and bright pretty colours to back up your ideological online activism on a football forum, Anna Soubry has been receiving death threats since daring to criticise Brexiteers on Monday night- https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/9...h-threat-Tory-Brexiteer-Theresa-May-newsnight

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Goes with the territory. Two of the biggest fake news sites attracting swivel eyed oddballs. I expect the perpetrator was on statins......

Oh right. I've never visited the site before and I shan't do so again. Full of hate, full of loons. It's an unfortunate result of Brexit, these knuckle draggers are emboldened and their unpleasant views are being vocalised and websites like that one are alive with the sound of bigotry. It's a shame but the genie is out of the bottle now, some people in this country are showing their true colours and it's not pretty.
I would have liked to think our future as a nation would have been on a forward and progressive trajectory with a united EU. Forging ahead. Unified. Unfortunately 52% decided that was not to be and so it appears that out time on the right side of history, as a unified progressive nation, a key part of something great in the EU will now just be looked upon as a brief period of time where we got it right and life was hopeful and life was good.

We gave it all up to send May scrabbling around in China trying to beg for export deals when we currently make up 3% of their import market. Disappointing.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Which shows you've not been paying attention. Probably due to your remain blinkeredness. BOTH sides have stated that the December agreement is open for alteration during the further stages of negociations. So it's a tad difficult and rather pointless making it legally binding at the moment.

That isn't the EU interpretation, its been signed off by 27 members. If we go back on what was agree in December it won't end well for us. The way we're heading anything can happen, plus there is are own parliament to deal with if the Tories try and do anything stupid

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That isn't the EU interpretation, its been signed off by 27 members. If we go back on what was agree in December it won't end well for us. The way we're heading anything can happen, plus there is are own parliament to deal with if the Tories try and do anything stupid

I’m wondering if Davis, May and Co will play the Aspergers card to get them out of this total and utter mess?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Hmmmmm. Not true. What did Barnier called his update....The Davis Clause?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here