Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

larus

Regret I think that the unemployed will be a higher proportion of the population following Brexit...………...

I think that the rise in employment since the leave vote must be causing you a great deal of distress as you can’t say “I told you so”.

Same as not having a crash in house prices.
Nor interest rates shooting up.
Nor a recession.

Never mind, when we next have a recession (which we will, it’s natural in economies), then you can jump on the case and proudly announce to all that you knew that this would happen with Brexit. Now, that may be 1,2,5 or 10 years away, but your time will come. However, unless you wish to state now when this will happen, you could do us all a favour and admit that you really don’t have a clue about it.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Thoughts, larus?

If people treat me in a civilised way then I will react in a civilised way.If some liar says he is leaving a thread,then comes back slagging me off as he has been the last two years,I will strike back.You expect us to put up with it,and then deny it ever happens.Or perhaps you have HT,WG,and the rest of the groovy gang on ignore,so have never noticed any of the abuse.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Regret I think that the unemployed will be a higher proportion of the population following Brexit...………...

Never mind - the unemployed can have the bezillions of vital jobs that the hoards of departing EU nationals leave behind (that is, of course, if they all manage to leave once all flights to and from Europe have stopped overnight).

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
So Mogster said that benefits will not be felt for fifty years..how useful. By then we would have rejoined...such a waste

By then the EU will be a thing of the distant past.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Yes,I agree.It's such a shame,the unemployment levels in the EU.Perhaps the 3 million should stay after Brexit.

larus

It is against what Britain stands for! Britain is an inclusive country that stands with its partners in europe. Brexit is against that.

That’s just pure crap.

All countries are for themselves. Think not? OK, so why isn’t there fiscal transfers within the EURO area to bail out Greece etc.?

Just because we’re leaving the EU (a political institution BTW), does not stop us being inclusive.

Partners don’t try to stab you in the back. Remember when Paris/Frankfurt tried to undermine the City Of London to force all EURO trading to be carried out in the Euro area, but we had to go to the ECJ to stop. Yeah, they’ve always had our back (looking to stick the knife in).

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
How bad does the economy have to get before you admit "this was a mistake"?

Can you expand on your question

1/ Are you making an assessment of the economy now?
2/ If it’s a future forecast instead, how can you be certain of your future economic predictions?
3/ Do economies fluctuate?
4/ In your assessment of “mistake” how much monetary value did you allocate to
a/ returning more law making powers to Westminster from Brussels?
b/ gaining the ability to place equivalent border control protocols on EU borders as we currently do on non EU borders?
c/ sovereign self determination in general?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
We’ve had, what, to years, and the Brexitears haven’t been abl to get us out of this mess. It’s ok though, Rees Mogg says it will be ok after 50 years.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
But equally the remain camp lied to us (all sides do before all elections). They told us we'd be more likely to get WW3, our security would be compromised, and a lot of other nonsense. So did all their untrue claims make 650,000 many remain voters vote the way they did?

Out of interest how much did the threat of an immediate half a million more unemployed or crash in house prices or the numerous other lies peddled about the immediate aftermath of a leave vote by the Remain side .. plus the ovewhelming outspending by the remain campaign make remainers vote the way they did? Not to mention the gullible types who actually believed a vote to remain was for the status quo or that we would magically be able to steer the EU in a direction more to our liking after in all probability giving up the last chance to exit?

I see a new cross-party report has stated that the spending from the government gave the REMAIN side an UNFAIR advantage in the referendum. Well, who’d have thought that a leaflet to every household from the Government advising to vote Remain would give an advantage. Whatever next?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/07/21/governments-pro-eu-publicity-blitz-gave-remain-unfair-advantage/

But of course, an overspend of £500k is soooooo much worse than a £9.3m campaign.

43% of remainers didn’t decide to vote remain until within the last month of campaigning.
https://lordashcroftpolls.com/2016/06/how-the-united-kingdom-voted-and-why/

That’s a potential of just under 7million remainers being influenced by the gov funded false project fear fiasco.
And remainers are getting apoplectic about some money wrongly going(allegedly) to the BeLeave youth campaign, whose entire existence was to represent and target the young voters into voting Leave……..Beleave should be charged on the basis their achievements on this front have them down as running the most unsuccessful targeting campaign in living memory.

Not to mention the Cameron team requesting foreign interference and influence and asking Obama to say we will be at the back of the line….sorry……. back of the queue.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Agreed, not helping the debate, but look at the post above his that he was replying to.

As children say “He started it Miss”.

May I humbly observe that you weren't quite so understanding when a Remainer responded in kind to the months and years of the Brexit forces calling Remainers collaborators, dissidents, enemies of the people and, yes, traitors. In fact you waded into him pretty firmly. I'm not defending or attacking anyone here but surely even handed consistency is a foundation of good debate?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You keep biting and I will keep laughing.
I light the touch paper and you keep falling for it.
Oh right, I understand. Thank you for the explanation. Do carry on (you will anyway, of course, but who cares).

It is against what Britain stands for! Britain is an inclusive country that stands with its partners in europe. Brexit is against that.
:facepalm:
OK, you carry on too.......................

larus

May I humbly observe that you weren't quite so understanding when a Remainer responded in kind to the months and years of the Brexit forces calling Remainers collaborators, dissidents, enemies of the people and, yes, traitors. In fact you waded into him pretty firmly. I'm not defending or attacking anyone here but surely even handed consistency is a foundation of good debate?

I may have done - I don’t recall every response to every post.

However, I was trying to point out that the reply from Two Professors which you linked to my earlier comments, was to one from the remain side slagging off leavers as being thick.

If you care to trawl back through some of this thread you will no doubt see that leavers are accused of being:
1. Thick.
2. Racist.
3. Xenophobic.
4. Old.
5. No caring about the country.
6. Believing everything that the Leave campaign said.

So, yes. There has been spite back from the Brexit posters on here, but theres been just as much from the Remain side. And maybe you are right, we don’t pick up on the viscousness of the comments from those who support our own position.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here