Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Right. So you think our last general election should stand for a generation, as that WAS and still IS the result?

Good grief .... :facepalm: ..... no because EVERYONE knows a GE result lasts a maximum of 5 years.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Oh,are you an expert then?I use Opera,but perhaps you could advise me what you experts use.

Yes I am actually .... and I can assure you posting links on here provides no danger to you. And it doesn't matter what browser you're using.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Ok. So only referendums are for a generation? Just trying to work out your wierd set of rules.
Hypothetically, do you think we should stick with something for a generation if it was decided by a referendum even if everyone disagrees with it a few years after?

It's not my rules. The original referendum result was followed for a generation. Why not this one ? Only way you can change it is with another referendum which you've said you aren't suggesting.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Yes I am actually .... and I can assure you posting links on here provides no danger to you. And it doesn't matter what browser you're using.

I didn't say it harmed me.It could cause harm to the site linked to NSC . Opera Snapshot_2018-08-06_211816_www.northstandchat.com.png

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
WHY is it once in a generation? Someone just answer the bloody question! No wonder this country is going down the shitter!

Because our glorious former Prime Minister,Porky Cameron,told us it was a once in a generation decision,in his Remain propaganda mailshot sent to all and sundry for £9 million.Overspend,or what?porky.png

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
WHY is it once in a generation? Someone just answer the bloody question! No wonder this country is going down the shitter!

The question has been answered. You don't like the answer, so what? Who cares? :shrug: Your continual blethering on about no-one answering is looking just a tad silly.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

I’m a remainer but my word this continual nonsensical back and forth is particularly ridiculous. It is an entire irrelevance. There is going to be no second referendum with this government in power. Simple as that really. By the time the next GE takes place that horse would likely have bolted as well. Really do need to get on with making the best of it.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Right. So you think our last general election should stand for a generation, as that WAS and still IS the result?

No. General elections have to be held after five years (if not before) - it's the law. Ask Daddy to read you 'Janet and John go into politics'......it's ever so good!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Doesn't matter How much you keep blabbering on about it nothing will change. Maybe when you are 60 another vote might take place. However the EU will be defunct by then

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
All out in force tonight, with the usual nonsense, eg the Norway model isn’t good enough as its not “out out” of the EU, even though it is out of the EU, the referendum is now set for 40 years even though this was achieved through populist lies and the democratic process in this country is in Parliament etc.

All to play for

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

You're a fine one to claim people aren't answering questions - you never do. You've still not answered mine from a few posts ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here