Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
No, no you don't. Explain, how someome from the UK could work in Spain, for example, or just move there after brexit. Without using a visa. Which is NOT freedom of movement, it is restricted movement.
you get your visa and you're free to move, we can't have any old toe rag walking into the country, times are a changing if it's that much of a problem sling your hook over the channel YOU'LL FIND EVERYTHING YOU WANT THERE :thumbsup:
regards
DR

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Quite. A friend of mine runs a business here, which needs English speakers, and has said if there’s any visa hurdles required from his end he simply won’t bother recruiting Brits.

Wouldn't happen in the UK ... not allowed to discriminate by nationality in blighty.

Does your friend also avoid hiring women of childbearing age?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Only with a VISA! You really are laughably thick.

Two questions.

Do you know what the post Brexit travel rights of Uk citizens to Europe are going to be?

If it turns out you actually will need a visa, would you promise to emigrate ... if I pay for it? :D

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So, you think, that post brexit a UK citizen could just move to Spain or France, without a visa?
Are you mad!?

No he is winding you and everyone else up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wouldn't happen in the UK ... not allowed to discriminate by nationality in blighty.

Does your friend also avoid hiring women of childbearing age?

You know full well he’s not discriminating on nationality. Why is the default position for Brexiteers this childish level of obtuseness all of a sudden? There’s a bunch of you now acting like this. Genuine question to you and Withdean and the others, why?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
You know full well he’s not discriminating on nationality. Why is the default position for Brexiteers this childish level of obtuseness all of a sudden? There’s a bunch of you now acting like this. Genuine question to you and Withdean and the others, why?

Looks like it though. If that was over here you would be all over it along with the groovy gang demanding sacking and the like. Why should it be different because it is Germany. Do they get special dispensation where they can discriminate without any fallback

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Message clear and consistent as ever from the EU today as usual. Nothing has changed

We still looking the impossible dream from the dream team. The egg in my omelette is starting to go rotten

It's always been pretty clear and consistent from the EU, their only concern is trying to figure out what we want when no one on our side seems to have a clue !

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I've not really followed this thread if truth be told.

But anyone think we should have just said we don't want a deal EU and left it for a year or so to see how hard they begged?

If you had followed the thread, I think you might realise what a bad idea that is.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Interesting the EU still want UK nationals already living in the EU to have their freedom of movement rights taken away and have them landlocked to the country they will be residing in on Brexit day. Wonder who will win that one.

It has to be like that, I could turn up anywhere in the EU and say I have been resident in Spain, you gotta let me in, this would require Italian authorities to become familiar with and be able to check 26 other countries residency documents and rules, just for the few ex EU citizens that might wish to move from one state to another. I think most Brits will apply for citizenship if they want to stay, and become EU citizens anyway, especially if they are in countries that allow dual citizenship.
The real problem is that many of the people affected in this way, were not able to vote in the referendum.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
They wanted £100bn and got what ? ..... remind me ?

An unknown figure will be paid over time, an estimate is £85-90Bn, less the UK share of EU assets, which cuts it in half roughly, pretty close to the numbers the EU were mentioning. I guess the bill will be in Euros, so a weak Pound to Euro is not going to help.
This is all still subject to the rest of negotiations too, we might end up paying into the EU on a continuing basis for participation in some aspects, which may get added on, or we could fall out of negotiations all together, in which case we may pay anything from £0-30Bn, depending on quite how badly we fall out.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Indeed Barnier is. Let's take a look at one of the sticking points :

"The right of the UK to object to new EU rules and laws during the period"

And his response :

"To be frank, I am surprised by these disagreements. The positions of the EU are very logical, I think," said Mr Barnier.

To to use an example of fisheries policy. Barnier thinks it's logical that the EU can set fishing quotas in BRITISH waters but can't have any say on that ? Really ?? If we're out of the 'club' as he insists we will be then the EU should have no say at all over quotas in BRITISH waters. We'll be paying our membership fees and he wants us to abide by all the rules. Therefore we should have a say in what goes on in OUR waters.

His argument is utterly illogical. And don't try with that 'we decided to leave' shite, yes we did and we will and therefore the rules don't apply. Time we walked away from the EU loons now .... they clearly don't actually want to negotiate just dictate .... the same as the last 40 years. And it's THAT attitude of his that reflects the attitude of the EU in general that brought 15m people to stick two fingers up at them.

29th March would be a great time for our new aircraft carrier to show it's force on EU fishing boats. Should make the Icelandic cod wars look like a spat in a nursery.

I thought the possibility of wars in Europe was Project Fear nonsense?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You throw accusations around about "dodgy" Jewish businessmen and start talking about "bad" Jews but don't mean to imply anti-semitism? FWIW I'm sure you're not, but you're on very dodgy ground.

As Ernest says, stop digging ...

My statement was 'dodgy businessman' Ernest brought up he was a Jew. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Parliament has voted to enact the will of the people and trigger article 50, which has a set timetable with an end date. Parliament voting down the deal means they aren't happy with the deal, it doesn't mean cancel Brexit as much as some people might hope it does.

The "meaningful vote" on the deal, secured by Tory rebels, is there to prevent the options being accept the deal or leave without one.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I'm stating the reality of our situation. You've jumped from a parliamentary vote stopping Brexit to the Lords somehow influencing the leave date (how?) to the EU with the UK government agreeing to withdraw article 50 (legally unproven)... started early this weekend? :drink:

Unilaterally is legally questionable, by agreement with the EU 27, no problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here