Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I think you misunderstand, JC Footy Genius thinks that our current economy is as good as it gets. I for one would LIKE to earn more in wages therefore paying more tax which would help fund our NHS and keep local services going. Why would I want record unemployment ? that's frankly a weird assumption on your part, but hey, each to their own.

What a fibber. I was just querying your definition of a sh@t economy. It's Friday night so you have probably had a few ...I'll let you off .

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
As you still decline to respond a straightforward question except by asking a simplistic one of your own I think I'll let your silence speak for itself and have an early night. Sleep well.

I admire your patience and engagement but you really should, if I may be so bold as to offer my opinion, only bother to engage with sensible, honest, coherent leave voters such as fairy and perhaps our good friend from the second city.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What a fibber. I was just querying your definition of a sh@t economy. It's Friday night so you have probably had a few ...I'll let you off .

I think you have had more than me. Probably drugs.

Especially as you seem to be happy with a stagnating gig economy...FFS when everybody, INCLUDING the Chancellor accepts that we are going to suffer nearly two decades where real incomes don't rise and our schools and NHS and social services are crying out for more money yet you think that's fine..?

Last edited:

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Depends .. how much have you had?

Yeah, weed, booze, maybe a line of coke. Jeez we leavers are all buzzed in our enthusiasm for leaving, whipped by artificial means don't you think?

Don't forget the Ketamine!

I hope Vegster losses thousands when we are out. Childish? yeah I guess but the downer needs to lose out. Just so he can say, I told you so!

Sorry, overcome by sarcasm I suppose.....:ohmy:

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Brexit and Ireland = A united Ireland. #apriceworthpaying #wouldhavehappenedanyway #nadinecoylefromderrysplitupgirlsaloud

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
So Brexiteers on here, I'm still waiting for your solution on the Ireland problem?

Perhaps leaving the single market and staying in the customs union is the only way things are going to work

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/nov/24/irish-border-hard-brexit-ireland

Hard Brexiteers are at the risk if they might just push for everything, they could end up with nothing.

Until we know what sort of trade agreement the EU will agree to how can there be a proper consideration of the potential solution? Never mind keep on trying the put downs.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Brexit and Ireland = A united Ireland. #apriceworthpaying #wouldhavehappenedanyway #nadinecoylefromderrysplitupgirlsaloud

Yes that's the alternative

Leave the customs union, a United Ireland, Scotland go for independence, Gib to the Spanish, oh go Argentina... take the Malvinas.

Just us and the Welsh left, a new dawn begins..

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Yes that's the alternative

Leave the customs union, a United Ireland, Scotland go for independence, Gib to the Spanish, oh go Argentina... take the Malvinas.

Just us and the Welsh left, a new dawn begins..

Hopefully not for you. Your dreams will be shattered. That is the trouble being an EU ho.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Until we know what sort of trade agreement the EU will agree to how can there be a proper consideration of the potential solution? Never mind keep on trying the put downs.

Well, with the no hard border, how can it be done with us outside the customs union?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Well, with the no hard border, how can it be done with outside the customs union?

Sorry the sentence lacks, well, something. Say again? Yes we will be outside but that is the problem of the EU too is it not? Why just our problem?

Last edited:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Sorry the sentence lacks, well, something. Say again? Yes we will be outside but that is the problem of the EU too is it not? Why just our problem?
Nothing is the problem of the EU as it's always the others that have to speed up and make progress while they sit back and say sorry you're not making enough progress.

Same old shite

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
No pressure. We don't need an answer now, we've got 10 days. Come back when you've got a solution....

The EU too have a responsibility to put forward a solution. Yes we decided to leave but they are not putting forward anything in the spirit of article 50. It's called negotiation not dictation. Anyhow, I'm off. Bye, have a lovey night.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The EU too have a responsibility to put forward a solution. Yes we decided to leave but they are not putting forward anything in the spirit of article 50. It's called negotiation not dictation. Anyhow, I'm off. Bye, have a lovey night.

The EU have a solution, it is called membership.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yeah, weed, booze, maybe a line of coke. Jeez we leavers are all buzzed in our enthusiasm for leaving, whipped by artificial means don't you think?

Don't forget the Ketamine!

I hope Vegster losses thousands when we are out. Childish? yeah I guess but the downer needs to lose out. Just so he can say, I told you so!

Sorry, overcome by sarcasm I suppose.....:ohmy:

Nothing I can add to that other than to bounce this post this morning so others can admire your eloquence.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012

And still the point that the EU can cope without us hasn't sunk in. They are negotiating - do as we want or you don't get a deal. Given the narrative that they need us more than we need them they should be bending over backwards for us. Shock horror they are not.

People keep saying it takes two to negotiate but if a deal matters far more to one person than the other then it is not really a negotiation. People are realising that WTO would be devastating for our economy so the late negotiations will be like the last five mins on a selling task on the apprentice.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

No they don’t. The EU is a club with members, they look after themselves primarily. It is a negotiation, they have tabled their terms and are disagreeing with our offer and expecting more. Happens day in day our in contract negotiations and union negotiations. It is not a dictation, we can walk away. The reason we are not walking away is that the vast majority know that will be devastating, except for a few on the extreme right who will benefit the most while those poorer suffer the most. This was all set inevitable, surprised you thought it would be anything other than humbling for this great country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here