Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I think for some, a transitional arrangement is preferable to retained membership, even if everything remained the same, just because it would mean cancelling the exit was no longer an option. It could mean we pay full fees without the rebate for two years though, extending membership might be cheaper.

8 Billion to allow us to use the word 'Implementation' ? Bargain :facepalm:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Can I ask a question I have heard those on the Government benches say leaving will "enable the UK to reduce legislation" what does this mean in reality?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It was stated by the EU after Daves chat, that none of the treaties we had signed to date obligated us to further union and that we would not be excluded from any existing arrangement just because we don't agree to any future one, but to make it crystal clear they would put this in the treaties if we returned a remain result.
So, it is already the case that we are we not obliged to closer union, nor can we be cut off from any existing arrangement we have, for refusing to go further.

Has there ever been an EC/EU treaty where more powers were returned to the nation-state than pooled/surrendered? I think the answer is no. If all past and most likely most (if not all) future treates continually draw power away from nation states I would call that ever closer union. No doubt most of the political class and the disingenous would manage to classify it as something different .. to avoid the need to consult the electorate.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Asking Two Professors for the Source for his jpeg 'facts'.

Is there an echo in here .... in here... in here ... :lolol:

I would think the space between your ears would provide an excellent echo chamber.Still waiting for you to actually post something other than sarcasm or abuse,but they do say that empty vessels make the most noise.You remind me of a character from Viz,Spoilt b'tard,with your constant whining.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You were telling people from that industry that they were wrong but you still haven't explained how it would work ?

Bit like my experience is with large corporates, government departments, and politicians which is why I am now highlighting the problems in those areas and why I think we will extend our membership beyond the 2 further years we've already requested. I wonder what is your area of expertise that 'floats your boat' ?

But back to the medical industry - what's your solution ?

I'm surprised the Remainer high priests haven't picked you up on this point. Staying in the single market, customs union, under ECJ jurisdiction is apparently just 'soft' Brexit according to them and fully respects the referendum result. I agree with you though, if we stay in the single market, customs union under ECJ primacy then we really haven't left at all.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Can I ask a question I have heard those on the Government benches say leaving will "enable the UK to reduce legislation" what does this mean in reality?

This means being able to play fast and loose with legislation regarding, among many others: food standards, human rights, building regulation, pollution levels, fossil fuel restrictions, employment law, HASAW, etc.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
This means being able to play fast and loose with legislation regarding, among many others: food standards, human rights, building regulation, pollution levels, fossil fuel restrictions, employment law, HASAW, etc.

So we would need to do all those things ourselves, blimey ........

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It's for others to deal with but I really don't know why you asked this question (to which the answer is clearly Yes). As far as I can see, no one has suggested that no sovereignty has been ceded to the EU. I think that you misread the post you originally responded to which was simply saying that we remain, like every other member of the EU, a sovereign nation.

Can you explain this blindingly obvious point to pb21 for me ... thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
https://extranet.who.int/prequal/content/assessment

Hope this works for you.If not,you can navigate quite easily from the WHO main site,very straightforward.

This is a link to the UN process of prequalification ie the UN preferred supplier list and mainly vaccines and stuff. It’s not national approval which is what you suggested. I’ll help you here....you and I won’t find it as it doesn’t exist.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So we would need to do all those things ourselves, blimey ........

Uhm, yes, we would need to redraft legislation to cover these things. Free of the chains/reassuring watch of the EU this could either mean a great change for uk citizens or a lowering of standards to maximise corporate profit. I know which one my money is on.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I think any person with a single brain cell will realise the WHO are not the last line in authority for the entire world.

WORLD Health Organisation,or does the Fourth Reich Medicines Agency have superiority?So are you saying that if the WHO say a particular drug is dangerous,the EMA would ignore it?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My pharmacy contact believes the manufacture of drugs for the EU market will relocate from the UK even before March 2019.

I believe that large FTSE100 firms will start putting Plan B into action in the Spring. The EU just have to sit tight for a few more months before businesses start moving to mainland Europe. They will be under no pressure to give us a deal because they'll do very nicely thank you from the UK fallout.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
WORLD Health Organisation,or does the Fourth Reich Medicines Agency have superiority?So are you saying that if the WHO say a particular drug is dangerous,the EMA would ignore it?

The WHO assess their drugs for many things including safety and efficacy...and accept or decline them for UN. If during the course of their work they found something of concern I’m sure they would flag it up; who wouldn’t? But this, and the WHO, cannot override a national license on its own. At most it would be a trigger for a formal process which might lead to a change . But drugs are monitored throughout their life-cycle...so this mechanism of raising an alarm is available to you just as it is to the WHO.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
My pharmacy contact believes the manufacture of drugs for the EU market will relocate from the UK even before March 2019.

I believe that large FTSE100 firms will start putting Plan B into action in the Spring. The EU just have to sit tight for a few more months before businesses start moving to mainland Europe. They will be under no pressure to give us a deal because they'll do very nicely thank you from the UK fallout.

Quite. We are literally letting our greatest assets across the board walk out and into the EU. Weakening us and strengthening them. And we will be on the outside of a now stronger trading entity. No wonder Europe is laughing at us.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

why would they relocate? existing drug manufacturing plants send products around the world, the place of origin isn't much importance compared to the approval.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think any person with a single brain cell will realise the WHO are not the last line in authority for the entire world.
Hate to be the one to expose yet another remainer delusion, but I think you'll find a person with a single brain cell is unlikely to realise anything, let alone any details about the WHO!.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here