Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I see Justice Secretary David Gauke is open to extending the ROTL scheme to Category C prisoners to help fill gaps in the workforce post Brexit. I wonder what Leave supporter Tim Martin thinks of that staffing prospect in his 'family friendly' Wetherspoon pubs? I must have missed it during the campaign in 2016, but I'm sure it was stated and quite a vote winner for Leave.
Maybe this will be enforced by law? We need lots of menial workers who can do the tasks we don't touch.....crop picking and the dirty work in care homes for instance... Its a win win for Brexiteers

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So where's this f*cking "Good Deal"?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Maybe this will be enforced by law? We need lots of menial workers who can do the tasks we don't touch.....crop picking and the dirty work in care homes for instance... Its a win win for Brexiteers

After Owen Patterson's idea as Defra Secretary of State that retired people work in the fields, I'm surprised this idea took so long. I can't see it going too well with farmers and Care Home owners, but needs must I suppose.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Probably better suited to redundant shop-workers.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
So where's this f*cking "Good Deal"?

I know you permanently miserable people read rags like the Grauniad-try a decent paper!:lolol:

miserable twat.png

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Do good holiday deals in France!

cheap hols.png

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Are you telling me remainers on all sides aren't doing the very best to stop this happening? If you are then you are deluded or just turning a blind eye to it. Remainers want it stopped and will do anything to get their way.

No, I am not telling you that at all. No delusion, no blind eyes. In view of your comment I simply wanted you to explain how, in practical terms, remainers are stopping the United Kingdom getting a Good Deal. I understand that some Brexiteers wanted Downing Street to be able to force its version of Brexit through with minimum input from from Parliament - is that the Good Deal you feel Remainers are hampering? Or something else? Fair questions, surely.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Being hampered all the way by f*ck ing bitter remainers.

Ah, those transparent duplicitous undemocratic types that say 'you didn't know what you were voting for' .. 'you were duped' .. 'too thick to understand' ... 'didn't vote to make yourselves poorer' ... 'we know your minds better than you' etc. Trying for a second prize of negotiating terms that keep us in the EU in all but name with the added hope that enough leave voters become so disillusioned so we want to give up. Suggesting an agenda of 'taking back control' is Hard /extreme brexit when it was always the main theme acknowledged by all sides before and during the campaign.

Of course, It's this breathtaking arrogance and contempt for the electorate that caused many to vote leave in the first place. Talk about having their reasoning validated. 308 days and counting Tick tock .. :wink:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
No, I am not telling you that at all. No delusion, no blind eyes. In view of your comment I simply wanted you to explain how, in practical terms, remainers are stopping the United Kingdom getting a Good Deal. I understand that some Brexiteers wanted Downing Street to be able to force its version of Brexit through with minimum input from from Parliament - is that the Good Deal you feel Remainers are hampering? Or something else? Fair questions, surely.

Ok. How about telling the EU that they will keep hammering away for a second referendum if they don't give us a good deal?

How likely is it, given that undertaking, that they will offer a good deal?

Answer: 0%

Talk about pissing on your own chips.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Ah, those transparent duplicitous undemocratic types that say 'you didn't know what you were voting for' .. 'you were duped' .. 'too thick to understand' ... 'didn't vote to make yourselves poorer' ... 'we know your minds better than you' etc. Trying for a second prize of negotiating terms that keep us in the EU in all but name with the added hope that enough leave voters become so disillusioned so we want to give up. Suggesting an agenda of 'taking back control' is Hard /extreme brexit when it was always the main theme acknowledged by all sides before and during the campaign.

Of course, It's this breathtaking arrogance and contempt for the electorate that caused many to vote leave in the first place. Talk about having their reasoning validated. 308 days and counting Tick tock .. :wink:

Another standard issue JC post, saying little but making full use of the vitriol parts bin. Well done for the subtle variation from the norm revealed at word six though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here