Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Wrong question. You can be under the ECJ and not be in the EU.

Many many times, politicians make pre election manifestos which they don't stick to, once elected.

That wasn't the point of my post as you well know. The European Commission is democratic. We vote for MEPs and the vast majority of them work hard. They in turn vote for Commissioners etc.

They are accountable.

What this Tory government has done is to try to take control of Parliament to make almost unilateral decisions without being accountable, and thankfully democracy in the second house has prevented that.

Diificult question for someone suggesting others don't know what they are talking about then proving they don't .. but not the wrong one. You said ...

Thunder Bolt said:
The European Court of Justice is nothing to do with the EU
... is that true or just horrendously inaccurate/completely untrue?

They key phrase being once elected fulfiiling the democratic mandate.

Democratic in 'EU terms' but in reality HM government could oppose laws, agreements on numerous issues (which they do) and be ignored (see qualified majority voting). All UK MEP's could vote against or for something making bugger all difference ... some of us have a problem with this.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We are Leaving.

Presumably with no "good deal". And you're OK with that? Or can you answer my original question about where we are with the "good deal" we were promised?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Business remainers and MPs telling us it's going to be economic meltdown. Making sure they do everything they can so that we fall in line. Telling us that they're doing it for democracy. All the while totally ignoring a democratic referendum. All they can see is there cosy gravy train thundering towards a brick wall.

Well I know that it doesn't get better for international traders than a 500 million person Single Market. Where is the replacement "good deal" that replicates tariff-free / guaranteed high standards trade?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
no deal it is then :timmy:
regards
DR

Never mind replacing all the agencies we'll be coming out of, when's all the customs checking infrastructure going to be in place for no deal and WTO rules? Barely 10 months to go now, will it be anytime soon? Tick, Tock etc though.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Well I know that it doesn't get better for international traders than a 500 million person Single Market. Where is the replacement "good deal" that replicates tariff-free / guaranteed high standards trade?

Capture_3336133b.jpg

It doesn't get better for international traders than a '500 million person market' compared to 7.6 Billion ???

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I dont think its actually possible to be scared of a question if you insist on keeping it a secret, ill just take your word for it that it apparently wont stop Brexit from happening and we will end up still leaving whatever.

Which part of the question flummoxed you? If 'You are scared of a 2nd referendum as to leave or stay'' is somehow 'secretive' for you, I cant help you.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I messed up the quote facility on my mini IPad, but when posters start persisting in calling others weasels, loons and other stupid childish abuse, it is no longer debate.

Nor does it when posters set 'bait' rather than debate but you carry on doing so.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Nope, Not at all. You know as well as I do, the unbridled joy here about blue passports, that was laughed at by normal people, was from the Brexit side.

I am sure the percentage of Brexit voters who have a genuine hissy fit over the colour of passports is immeasurably surpassed by the numerous remoaners who prattle on about this issue to make tedious irrelevant points.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Which part of the question flummoxed you? If 'You are scared of a 2nd referendum as to leave or stay'' is somehow 'secretive' for you, I cant help you.

im not scared,most remainers respect democracy and recognise we should leave as per the vote,its only a few bed wetters like you making all the noise, a 2nd vote would confirm the result easily. But we will never know as rightly there wont be one before we leave, the stench of being that undemocratic to ignore the original vote is too overwhelming.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You are talking about the remainers amongst this thread then as all have used these abusive terms

All? Quote me where I have abused anyone let alone using these terms.
Didn't your mother teach you that two wrongs don't make a right?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here