Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Still hurts doesn't it. It's time for people like you to move on. It's happening. Get over it.

We know it's happening, you and Ppf tell us constantly, but what's happening exactly ?

Extension to EU membership, 'No deal', Norway option, Canada ++, Leaving Customs Union, Staying in Customs Union, Setting up new customs union, No border in NI, Hard Border in NI, Border in Irish sea, second referendum, General Election, FOM, No FOM :lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We know it's happening, you and Ppf tell us constantly, but what's happening exactly ?

Extension to EU membership, 'No deal', Norway option, Canada ++, Leaving Customs Union, Staying in Customs Union, Setting up new customs union, No border in NI, Hard Border in NI, Border in Irish sea, second referendum, General Election, FOM, No FOM :lolol:

If it does happen, a blind Brexit is as good as leavers will get

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018

He has no idea. He is more worried about his sensitive ego, as most brexiteers are, taking a hit than the fate of the country. He is more concerned about his image as a brexitit on NSC to even try to answer those questions

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
My opinion is that referendums are wrong in a parliamentary democracy. We shouldn't be using them at all, other than in exceptional circumstances. They amount to a complete cop-out by the powers-that-be of fulfilling their obligations as to acting in the best interests of the country by deferring to a largely uninformed electorate. However, once a referendum has been undertaken, I think they have a duty to attempt to act out what was decided.

Unfortunately, this one is unusual in that there is good reason to suspect public opinion has shifted away from Brexit. But regardless of whether or not you believe democracy is best served by fulfilling the wishes of the actual vote 2.5 years ago, or actually testing the wishes of the people again on such a fundamental decision after such poor handling of the negotiations, all I will say is that assuming Brexit does go ahead, then the ONLY mandate is that we no longer remain in the EU. That was the only thing voted for in 2016, and everything else remains on the table. Everything.

Totally agree, particularly with the first sentence. I have always felt strongly there is no place for referendums in a parliamentary democracy. We elect MPs to do what is best for us. And I say that as someone who, having been of voting age for 47 years, has spent the vast majority of that time being represented by someone I didn't vote for.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Still hurts doesn't it. It's time for people like you to move on. It's happening. Get over it.

It doesn't hurt. People have moved on. It's happening - probably.

That doesn't alter the fact that the current situation is a shambles or that people have to like it, any more than Nigel Farage would have liked it if the vote had gone the other way.

Do you expect people just to roll over and play dead?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
DUP doing their bit to help Brexit along again...

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
It doesn't hurt. People have moved on. It's happening - probably.

That doesn't alter the fact that the current situation is a shambles or that people have to like it, any more than Nigel Farage would have liked it if the vote had gone the other way.

Do you expect people just to roll over and play dead?

Not at all. As soon as the result was announced you just knew there would be hysteria.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Oh really? In what form will it 'happen'?
Don't panic. Everybody on this thread knows you don't have the faintest idea.

I would gladly take the Canadian model but we all know that's not going to happen. The chequers deal is useless. A no deal wouldn't be an ideal solution but I'd take that over chequers. I feel there will be a deal.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Only 8 days until we get our Good Deal - can't wait, yippee!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I would gladly take the Canadian model but we all know that's not going to happen. The chequers deal is useless. A no deal wouldn't be an ideal solution but I'd take that over chequers. I feel there will be a deal.

What aspects of the Canadian model do you particularly like ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The chequers deal is useless. A no deal wouldn't be an ideal solution but I'd take that over chequers.

I genuinely don't think you (I write 'you' but this isn't aimed at you personally - but at all those claiming the same) understand half of the implications of a no deal exit.

Please convince me otherwise - explain in simple terms how No Deal is better in any way (other than satisfying egos).

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

I'd take the Canada model all day long.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'd take the Canada model all day long.

So the 7 years it took to negotiate it (and the the Canada deal still isn't fully operational), mainly goods based with very little on services, a hard border in NI and new border checks at all borders to ensure all British goods meet EU regulatory standards in which we would have no say (And WTO to replace all other EU trading agreements with the rest of the world) ?

And 6 months to put it in place. Good luck with that

I can see that you have put a lot of thought into this :lolol:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You know it's going to be delayed until November yes ?

I have a funny feeling it's going to be delayed a whole lot longer than that - pass the fudge

MYSTIC-MEG_2882318b.jpg

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You know it's going to be delayed until November yes ?

I've waited 28 months for this, what's another month between friends? Haven't been this excited since I got a new bike for my 10th birthday.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I've waited 28 months for this, what's another month between friends? Haven't been this excited since I got a new bike for my 10th birthday.

Serious question. What is it that people get so excited about? What are the positives that might actually come from this? I am intrigued to know what people are excited about. What positive differences will we notice?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Serious question. What is it that people get so excited about? What are the positives that might actually come from this? I am intrigued to know what people are excited about. What positive differences will we notice?

passport.jpg

:drool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here