Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Freedom of movement is a good thing. How can it be bad? You get the opertunity to live and work wherever you please in the eu. Why ristrict peoples options?
The referendum vote had NOTHING to do with freedom of movement, look at its wording. So why do so many Brexiteers bang on about borders? Why do theyention soverignty? These things have NOTHING to do with the referendum result. All the result states is that a majority want to leave the eu. It says nothing about borders or sovereignty. So why do they mention them? Why are they trying to remove rlfreedom of movement?

FoM, single market etc are mentioned because during the referendum campaign the remain side kept telling us the dire consequences of losing these if we voted leave. Now the result hasn't gone their way it's 'oh, the vote didn't include those elements' ...... strange that. While not mentioned explicitly on the ballot paper they were mentioned time and time again during the campaign.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
FoM, single market etc are mentioned because during the referendum campaign the remain side kept telling us the dire consequences of losing these if we voted leave. Now the result hasn't gone their way it's 'oh, the vote didn't include those elements' ...... strange that. While not mentioned explicitly on the ballot paper they were mentioned time and time again during the campaign.

I'll find the YouTube video of Nigel Farage praising the Norway option before June 2016.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fNCwcTu9U6U

The problem with liars is they need a good memory.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

Thank you for that mature answer.

Now point me to any post I've ever made that even implies I would support the Norway option. I don't - if the options were stay or the Norway one then I would vote for stay.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What if 5% of those who voted for Brexit do?

A very pertinent point you have made here. Leave voters are very selfish people. Only voting for their lot in life. Very “me first” which is why the ultimate capitalists, Cameron and Farage were able to manipulate them so successfully. Basically telling them they would have more if foreigners weren’t here and they can make that happen.
Guess what? It worked. Will it work again in a second referendum? Very probably.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Thank you for that mature answer.

Now point me to any post I've ever made that even implies I would support the Norway option. I don't - if the options were stay or the Norway one then I would vote for stay.

Your gibberish deserves no more than pfft. In fact, have another ...pfft.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Your gibberish deserves no more than pfft. In fact, have another ...pfft.

You're on form today Nibble. All we need is yet another lie from you and calling numerous posters a prick and we'll have a full house of numptiness from you.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Freedom of movement is a good thing. How can it be bad? You get the opertunity to live and work wherever you please in the eu. Why ristrict peoples options?
The referendum vote had NOTHING to do with freedom of movement, look at its wording. So why do so many Brexiteers bang on about borders? Why do theyention soverignty? These things have NOTHING to do with the referendum result. All the result states is that a majority want to leave the eu. It says nothing about borders or sovereignty. So why do they mention them? Why are they trying to remove rlfreedom of movement?

To stop the uneducated/illiterate/untrained from foreign countries arriving on a nations shores and undercutting the local labour force? Just a thought like.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
You’re a very angry man. “Nibble”, “liar”. Honestly , come up with something new.

Oh poor old Nibble .... wrong as always. Why would I be angry - we're on course to leave the EU including the single market and customs union ..... despite the desperate attempts of some remainers. As for 'Nibble' and 'liar' .... it amuses me to point it out to you .... that you're really Nibble and a fully proven liar :lol:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
What if they do ? What if 5% of remainers agreed with Cameron's and Osbourne's views ?

Utterly irrelevent.

Its not, its 100% relevant, its the most relevant aspect.

Some Brexiteers are arguing that the 'will of the people' is to leave the EU which means x,y,z; however they are wrong. I suspect most realise this and are pursuing this line to try and lead Brexit in a certain direction.

The actual 'will of the people' is to leave the EU, which means who knows what. Again I suspect most realise this and are using this fact to lead Brexit in a certain direction.

That ambiguity is the problem.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Bit early for drinking isn't it. Try spellcheck your words might make sense then

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
To stop the uneducated/illiterate/untrained from foreign countries arriving on a nations shores and undercutting the local labour force? Just a thought like.
This is why the EU itself is partly culpable for the Brexit vote. People like [MENTION=15363]Plooks[/MENTION] are being ignorant towards the native working classes if they can't see that what you say has been a problem ever since the iron curtain came down.

The idea of people moving where the money is, is nothing new - where cheap labour comes in, sleeps 20 to a house for a short period of time with the idea of sending the money back home. It's what "Auf Wiedersen Pet" was all about in the 80s. This isn't a problem when the free market area covers broadly similar economies, but that isn't the case with Eastern European economies. They were dreadfully poor by our standards and most are still way behind us, which has meant that we're getting cheap labour flooding our labour market, and it isn't reciprocated.

A simple and reasonable solution would have been to implement restrictions on free movement from poorer EU countries to richer ones until their economies caught up. Unfortunately, Call Me Dave framed it all wrong and with a selfish spin, and ended up with no concessions at all. To be honest, he'd left it too late anyway. Had he convinced other EU nations of the danger that unskilled labour in wealthy economies would become increasingly dissatisfied with the EU if this was allowed to continue, he might have convinced more that something needed to change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here