Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I might pop back later if the undemocratic loon set can pool their collective 'wisdom' :lolol: to form a vaguely credible argument until then ... adios, amigos.

Remember it's all about this ...

FemaleTinyIcelandicsheepdog-size_restricted.gif

compared to ...

255px-Flag_of_Europe.svg.png

We will still be using the European flag, dumbo. The EU have adopted the stars on a blue background but it is not in actual fact exclusively the EU flag. It’s the European flag not the EU flag and seeing as we are still part of Europe and have no choice in that matter you’ll still see it I’m afraid. Will certainly proudly displayed in my window.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
heard a leaver on the radio mention that WTO rules are commonly used through ports, so not a big deal, the systems do exist. got me thinking about the dynamics of our trade with Europe, and looked it up. did you know Dover is only the 8th largest port in the country? Largest, by some way, is Grimsby, who'd have thought? this is all types of trade, including dry (wheat, sugar, metals) and liquid bulk (i.e. oil and gas), and for roll-on/roll off Dover is the biggest, but the actual tonnage there is ~8-9% (by a crude calc). funny how our perceptions and narratives are distorted? the Dover trade route is easy for us to picture and understand, so given undue focus.

If we crash out we won’t be in the WTO.
Dover is the most important port to Britain economically. In short, it moves the most money.

The ignorance to all these sorts of details and nuance are the exact reason the people should never have been given the vote on this overblown opinion poll that was never legally binding.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
If we get 40 miles of the below all the way up to Maidstone from April next year in a no deal, and shortages in supply chains as logistics are disrupted, Dover was getting undue focus beforehand. Okay.

GettyImages-479212632.jpg

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
We will still be using the European flag, dumbo. The EU have adopted the stars on a blue background but it is not in actual fact exclusively the EU flag. It’s the European flag not the EU flag and seeing as we are still part of Europe and have no choice in that matter you’ll still see it I’m afraid. Will certainly proudly displayed in my window.

Which one on Sunday ?? Would you disrespect our fallen ??

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Which one on Sunday ?? Would you disrespect our fallen ??

Sorry you’re going to have to explain. I think I know what you are saying but I’m finding it hard to accept anyone can be as stupid as this.

How is a European flag disrespecting fallen soldiers? More disrespectful to drag their name into a thread to score points.

I know your mob like to think you’re patriotic. You’re not, but that’s another argument. You certainly don’t have the monopoly on respecting our fallen. Damned shame on you for bringing them into this.

So, explanation please. Probably best to skip straight to the apology.
This should be good.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Err .... the continent of Europe has no flag.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
heard a leaver on the radio mention that WTO rules are commonly used through ports, so not a big deal, the systems do exist. got me thinking about the dynamics of our trade with Europe, and looked it up. did you know Dover is only the 8th largest port in the country? Largest, by some way, is Grimsby, who'd have thought? this is all types of trade, including dry (wheat, sugar, metals) and liquid bulk (i.e. oil and gas), and for roll-on/roll off Dover is the biggest, but the actual tonnage there is ~8-9% (by a crude calc). funny how our perceptions and narratives are distorted? the Dover trade route is easy for us to picture and understand, so given undue focus.

I read somewhere that a large % of goods going through Dover come from Ireland. Seems they don’t have many shipping routes direct to Europe so they use Dover via Liverpool or Holyhead. The article went on to explain that shipping companies were looking to open up new routes from Ireland but weren’t in any hurry to do so. No idea if that’s correct, does seem a bit odd and inefficient!

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
With that he has shown he doesn't understand Article 50 at all, or doesn't want to.

Article 50 can be revoked at any time up to March 29th 2019. This is from Lord Kerr who wrote it.

Wake up Jeremy, your Labour fans are leaving the party in droves, because they've now realised you're a sham.

And your evidence for this strange claim ? Www.parliament.uk suggests otherwise. I know you hate the idea of Brexit but making stuff up doesn't help your argument.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Err .... the continent of Europe has no flag.

I’m afraid it does. And that’s it. Designed by the council of Europe in 1955 as a symbol for all of Europe. Has only been widely used by the EU since the 1990’s after we adopted it in 1985.
This is fairly basic stuff and fact. Not really worth wasting your time trying to argue the point. Anyone who thinks this is exclusively an EU symbol is wrong. Google it.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
I’m afraid it does. And that’s it. Designed by the council of Europe in 1955 as a symbol for all of Europe. Has only. When widely used by the EU since the 1990’s.
This is fairly basic stuff and fact. Not really worth wasting your time trying to argue the point. Google it.

I did and there is no officially recognised European flag. I suggest you google it. Maybe even provide evidence of you claim.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I did and there is no officially recognised European flag. I suggest you google it. Maybe even provide evidence of you claim.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Europe

Read the whole lot. Sorry but you’re wrong on this. I thought it was common knowdge that that is not exclusively an EU symbol.
It’s called The Flag of Europe. Although it didn’t start life as a flag merely an “emblem”.
Read the article and don’t bother me with it again. I’m right.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Not quite, but we both agreed that 'no deal' won't happen :thumbsup:

Not possible as I have never said it. Enjoy your evening :wink:

Excellent evening thanks :thumbsup:

6 months ago, I asked whether you thought we would be able to implement a 'no deal' and you answered

Once again you seem to be assuming because the UK or the EU wouldn't be ready it couldn't possibly happen. Hypothetically speaking I would expect Emergency measures continuing the current arrangments with a transition period until both sides can adjust to the new reality.

So 6 months ago, you thought a 'no deal' would result in further extension(s) to EU membership and now you think it's possible. What has changed your mind over the last 6 months ? Is it the enormous amount of detailed planning, preparation and infrastructure that the Government has undertaken :D

And, I've asked before, anyone want to take a guess at how many WTO countries have objected to the schedules and quotas we submitted 3 months ago ?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I suggest you read that wiki yourself because it contridicts your claim.

No it really doesn’t.

This flag or “emblem” is not exclusively an EU symbol. That’s a fact. If you continue to argue that after reading the article than I know you’re just arguing to be contrary.
I’m right on this. Get over it.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
No it really doesn’t.

This flag or “emblem” is not exclusively an EU symbol. That’s a fact. If you continue to argue that after reading the article than I know you’re just arguing to be contrary.
I’m right on this. Get over it.

It's the flag for the Council of Europe - an organisation NOT a continent. The EU then adopted it also. Now find me evidence it is the flag for the CONTINENT of Europe. You won't be able to as you're wrong. You can deny it as much as you like but we know you like denying the truth don't we Nibble.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The evidence in my favour is overwhelming.

Commemorative euro coin: 30 years of the EU flag

To mark the 30th anniversary of the decision by EU leaders to adopt the flag as an EU emblem, the 19 euro area countries are issuing a special commemorative coin. Following an online competition held in 2015 by the European Commission, citizens and residents of the euro area selected the design created by Georgios Stamatopoulos, an engraver at the Bank of Greece. It comprises 12 stars that morph into human figures embracing the birth of a new Europe.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's the flag for the Council of Europe - an organisation NOT a continent. The EU then adopted it also. Now find me evidence it is the flag for the CONTINENT of Europe. You won't be able to as you're wrong. You can deny it as much as you like but we know you like denying the truth don't we Nibble.

It was designed as a flag for Europe. That’s a fact. And now you’re getting personal I’m disengaging with you. You’re wrong and now you have been proven to be wrong you are getting nasty.

It’s a shame as you are a decent chap on other threads but this one brings out the worst in you.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here