Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I am starting to think some of the Brexit voters are akin to people smashing shop windows in acts of 'mindless vandalism'. Why does someone smash a window for apparently no reason? I wonder if the reason is similar to why some voted for Brexit and are seemingly happy with the likely negative consequences.

Worse than Croydon scummers burning their own town down. Bloody fools.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Go where from here, a Canada plus Free Trade deal?

But that won't solve the Irish border problem either.

Which means that the UK may not be in a position to sign a withdrawal agreement - and that in turn means a no-deal Brexit remains a possibility.

And who voted for that?

The notion of Parliament exerting control and forcing another referendum suddenly looks a possibility.

Can the Tories ever be trusted with power ever again?

We're heading ever closer toward no deal territory now, as to what happens then, goodness only knows. It was inevitable this would happen with Chequers, but I'm surprised The EU27 did this to May prior to the conference though............and so is she.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The momentum growing day-by-day behind a second "People's Vote" as a way out of this mess would normally be unstoppable.

No idea if that will prove to be the case but I very much hope so.

20th October - London. People's Vote March

https://www.peoples-vote.uk/march

If we don't see the prospect of a deal that's good for Britain in a month, I'm going..

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We're heading ever closer toward no deal territory now, as to what happens then, goodness only knows. It was inevitable this would happen with Chequers, but I'm surprised The EU27 did this to May prior to the conference though............and so is she.

I know little of the Chequers deal except that it seems every time the UK government explain what is going to happen the EU, with most of the cards, scoff at it.

What I do know is that there are too many political careers at stake in Europe for this whole thing to be allowed to succeed. May is now a puppet of Brussels. They will give as much to keep her where they want her. If Rees-Mogg and his cohorts think that a more hardline Tory leader will solve the issue they are grossly mistaken.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
So that makes him wrong regarding Brexit? Sounds like a nail on the head to me. What s your version of events?

Well he's certainly right about us voting for Brexit.Doesn't stop him being a corrupt,ignorant,snout in trough politician though,does it?You obviously think youth unemployment doesn't matter as long as he knows the result of the Brexit,so Macron is a shining example of a Euro politician with his finger on the pulse.Like Rutte,with his 'if we have no deal,then a no-deal is likely.Thank god we're leaving.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

D

Deleted member 22389

The momentum growing day-by-day behind a second "People's Vote" as a way out of this mess would normally be unstoppable.

No idea if that will prove to be the case but I very much hope so.

There is not going to be a 2nd referendum, may had stated this over and over again.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There is not going to be a 2nd referendum, may had stated this over and over again.

While I’d sincerely doubt they’ll have a second ref and I don’t want one, have you not learnt by now tomnot trust a thing that comes out of that silly ****’s mouth?!

Last edited by a moderator:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
[tweet]1042804293395513344[/tweet]

Tory MEP's voting with Hungarian fascists last week in Brussels did exactly help us build brings with EU members either.

I can't believe its been 27 months and they are still completely deluded.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I know little of the Chequers deal except that it seems every time the UK government explain what is going to happen the EU, with most of the cards, scoff at it.

What I do know is that there are too many political careers at stake in Europe for this whole thing to be allowed to succeed. May is now a puppet of Brussels. They will give as much to keep her where they want her. If Rees-Mogg and his cohorts think that a more hardline Tory leader will solve the issue they are grossly mistaken.

The way I see it now with Chequers dead is that the FTA that Rees-Mogg et al would prefer does not solve Northern Ireland. If Northern Ireland is not solved, then there's no FTA anyway and no transition, therefore it's no deal, but despite Rees-Mogg et al being perfectly happy with that, the reality is that no deal is not sustainable and if there isn't to be a second referendum/peoples vote, all roads then point to The EEA, for a time limited period to begin with at least to bring life support to the self inflicted injuries we've brought upon ourselves, which beggars the question, what was the point of this whole farcical charade in the first place?

Jan 30, 2008
None of that was on the ballot paper. In all seriousness, why doesn't it concern you that leaving the single market might be detrimental to the well being of this country? I can understand the opposition to free movement, but the single market is surely a good thing?
there we go again, might, maybe ,could, who knows ? no ones going to state 100% on an outcome?there's to much speculation and change happens, it takes a bit of time to adjust but in the end you settle in, a bit like a new job , you'll wonder what all the fuss was about
regards
DR

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Well he's certainly right about us voting for Brexit.Doesn't stop him being a corrupt,ignorant,snout in trough politician though,does it?You obviously think youth unemployment doesn't matter as long as he knows the result of the Brexit,so Macron is a shining example of a Euro politician with his finger on the pulse.Like Rutte,with his 'if we have no deal,then a no-deal is likely.Thank god we're leaving.

Stop dribbling.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There are many things I would like to see change within the EU but myself and 48% of the country could foresee this omni-shambles. We knew why the ref was called in the first place, to save Cameron's party. We knew nobody's heart would be in it. The EU would ride us hard and that the Tories would never be able to deliver a good deal, they are just too arrogant and unlikeable.

Unfortunately 52% of the people either lacked the foresight to see this coming, were too blinded by prospect of getting shot of some foreigners or saw it totally but their anti immigration agenda was just too strong for them to resist.

Leave voters have much to be thoroughly ashamed off. Time for some contrition from leave voters now while the 48% try and make the best of this and see if we can't get you a second vote, clear up your mess for you. Bear with us, just pipe down and let us concentrate. Thank you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here