Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I sometimes ponder if some of the really ardent Brexiteers on here actually voted remain but are narcissistic and so when remain lost they pretended they voted leave because they cannot stand being seen to be on the losing side. Just some behaviour that flags up some suspect behaviour.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's funny to see someone who lives in a total fantasy world. Well, it would be if they weren't allowed to vote on really important stuff.

You can't really believe the things you've just posted. It's just attempting to back up a bad decision surely. Or you're insane. But your posts on other subjects suggest that you're not mad.

Confusing.
You really are deluded if you believe that a majority of Westminster MPs and many civil servants aren't doing their damndest to foil Brexit.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You really are deluded if you believe that a majority of Westminster MPs and many civil servants aren't doing their damndest to foil Brexit.
Why would anyone need to foil something that everyone with an ounce of sense knew was going to be a massive disaster anyway? And I'm deluded? [emoji23]

The panicked blathering of leave voters who now are seeing what they actually voted for would be hilarious if it wasn't for the fact that this actually is the disaster everyone told you it would be.

You really trusted idiots like May, Davis, Fox etc to deliver your version of what Brexit might look like? Like millions of other people, all with a different idea of what it would be. What could possibly go wrong?

But it's ok. Now you have conspiracy theories to fall back on to justify the terrible mistake that you know you made. Shame on all of you.

I'm out of this thread as I keep promising myself not to get involved but then alcohol...... I'm as reliable as a Boris bus promise unfortunately. [emoji182]

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You mention 'no deal' but the Airbus (and BMW) positions seem to be in reference to the UK being outside a customs union. In other words, bad-deal as well as no-deal.

As with people of the opposite persuasion those who believe that Brexit is wrong don't belong to an homogenous gang. We disagree with each other on specific things. However, I suspect that most of us would be in accord on the near-impossibility of having reasoned conversations with internet shouters interested all-to-often in badly interpreting people's views in order to score points.

'Airbus said if the UK left the EU next year without a deal - meaning it left both the single market and customs union immediately and without any agreed transition - it would "lead to severe disruption and interruption of UK production .... Put simply, a no-deal scenario directly threatens Airbus' future in the UK.'.

Like the democrat's gang who believe Brexit is wrong but accept democratic results should be enacted just like in every other election/referendum where the necessary democratic threshold has been met .. while the rest of you belong to the undemocratic loons gang. Yet I have numerous ongoing reasonable conversations with many posters and even the ones who always bleat on about shouty responses keep coming back for more. :kiss:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
You mean we haven't been able to have a starting position because the Brexit saboteurs are insisting that we let the other side see our hand before negotiations start. In a normal world that is not how negotiations are done, so the fact that negotiations are proving difficult isn't down to leavers - that's down to your fellow travellers trying to stop the will of the majority being carried out. We who voted leave know absolutely what we want; some p*r*a*t*s trying to muddy the waters hasn't - and won't - change that.

I think you are getting mixed up between International Trade Negotiations and Whist.

Whist is the one where the other player can't see your cards.

International Trade Negotiations is where both sides know absolutely everything about the other side. (I say Negotiations, Narrative would probably be more accurate in this case).

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I see that just before the Airbus threats to quit,they had been to the Government with their begging bowl again.Should be prosecutedfor attempted blackmail and threatening behaviour!
As a follow-up to the pathetic attempts to spllit Leavers into different leagues,here is my helpful guide to remoaners.

wahhhh.png

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You are venturing into Pre-referendum argument territory, this has been done to death and your side rightly lost the immigration argument, move on with your life.

If it is possible to go back and correct mistakes, we should, don't you think? The argument that won people round contained many falsehoods and misleading statements, it is better to get the truth out, even if it is too late for the referendum, it is not too late for the deal.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
'Airbus said if the UK left the EU next year without a deal - meaning it left both the single market and customs union immediately and without any agreed transition - it would "lead to severe disruption and interruption of UK production .... Put simply, a no-deal scenario directly threatens Airbus' future in the UK.'.

Like the democrat's gang who believe Brexit is wrong but accept democratic results should be enacted just like in every other election/referendum where the necessary democratic threshold has been met .. while the rest of you belong to the undemocratic loons gang. Yet I have numerous ongoing reasonable conversations with many posters and even the ones who always bleat on about shouty responses keep coming back for more. :kiss:

You keep coming back to the democracy of the decision, because you cannot defend the logic of the decision.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Says a clown who believes 'brain cells' is one word.

I was just being polite by not talking down to the poster who said 'there WAS 350 million of them',but you just carry on being ignorant,nobody cares!:lolol:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I see that just before the Airbus threats to quit,they had been to the Government with their begging bowl again.Should be prosecutedfor attempted blackmail and threatening behaviour!
As a follow-up to the pathetic attempts to spllit Leavers into different leagues,here is my helpful guide to remoaners.

View attachment 97993

Rubbish of course, but quite well done, so I offer my congratulations to the original creator. As you describe it as 'my helpful guide' this must be you. Clap, clap.

(Incidentally, the Airbus story apparently has no legs at all - the company will suspend investment only if something which apparently won't happen, happens. You read it on here. If only those journals would read NSC before rushing into print. F---- The Press as Boris might say.)

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Rubbish of course, but quite well done, so I offer my congratulations to the original creator. As you describe it as 'my helpful guide' this must be you. Clap, clap.

(Incidentally, the Airbus story apparently has no legs at all - the company will suspend investment only if something which apparently won't happen, happens. You read it on here. If only those journals would read NSC before rushing into print. F---- The Press as Boris might say.)

So how do you feel about Airbus getting their begging bowl out again when their accountants:)lolol:) have said they made a profit last financial year?The remoaners guide is as much mine as the posters on here who copy and paste their crap on here from publications like the Rough Guide to Chicago,FT,and Grauniad!:kiss:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You keep coming back to the democracy of the decision, because you cannot defend the logic of the decision.

I keep mentioning the democratic point because it is important. As for the logic of voting leave. Anyone who didn't want to see the UK sink even further into the ever closer union quicksand subsumed into a superstate (we both agree this is the destination) logically would vote leave. People concerned about the rate of immigration would also have a logical reason to increase our control on 50% ish of it. Some who were fed up of being continually ignored or left behind would also logically not be siding with the Tory/Labour political, European and global establishment, Bankers, big business vested interests etc.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here