Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
as I said it's meltdown time , the reality is eating them up and there's nothing they can do about it , THEY WERE SMUG BEFORE THE REFERENDUM BUT THEY'RE GUTTED NOW
regards
DR

They were ever so smug on the actual day of the referendum. When they thought it was done and dusted and we would remain. Especially on here. Then Boom.....We're leaving.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
They were ever so smug on the actual day of the referendum. When they thought it was done and dusted and we would remain. Especially on here. Then Boom.....We're leaving.

You've obviously forgotten the question but since you've been on here for the last 2 hours, I assume you now have time to answer

So which part of your 'no deal' Brexit by 29th March 2019 did you think was ridiculous ?

The NI/Ireland Border
The New customs posts
The new Lorry Parks at all ports
The negotiation of our new schedules and quotas with the WTO
The design, building and testing of the new IT systems to run the WTO tariffs and rules
The recruitment and training of the new staff to run the new systems/rules etc

It's just that the way you ran off last time I asked may have given the impression that you had no idea what you were talking about, and I'm sure that's not the case.

Well ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
LOL. Not really "boom, we're leaving". More like "puff...er...how do we leave? Any ideas? Shit...er..."

"Best get out of the government before people look to us to make this shitstorm work".

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Poor Nigel. What is it about NigeLLLLLLLs? It's well known he is a Palace supporter.

[tweet]1052510891772497920[/tweet]

Bizarre fellow isn't he. Wants to get the word out that we need to leave the EU and decide the best place to do that is................Australia.

What goes through his mind, eh!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well my post certainly wasn't angry, just a little sad that there is becoming very little discernible difference between your posts and those of Pretty pink fairy/Two profs :(

*cough* all longstanding members (tools, in fact) of my ignore list *cough*

Fancy that.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
"Now is the time for Brexit deal, May tells EU"

Phew! For a brief moment I thought she was ballsing it all up. Turns out she was just waiting for the exact right time to make the deal. Very good of the EU to be patient for May to play her ace at the exact right time. Don't know about you chaps and chapettes but I shall sleep easy knowing NOW is the time to make that deal. Well done May, why did we ever doubt you.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...arnier-offers-extend-transition-period-ahead/

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bizarre fellow isn't he. Wants to get the word out that we need to leave the EU and decide the best place to do that is................Australia.

Hopefully it will be Alzheimer’s

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Farage, laughed at and owned on tv debate show.

He really is a plum. Going to ROI and deliberately misrepresenting their struggle for independence from the UK 100 years ago. What a silly, silly boy. He may have helped fool a slim majority of the UK electorate but the no nonsense Irish will not have a bit of it. They have too much experience of upper class, posh twits like him trying to pull the wool over their eyes. Put firmly in his place.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1...l-Farage-Alastair-Campbell-Theresa-May-latest

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Seems EU doesn't want to bother with a summit in November, think we've wasted enough of their time. They are ready to convene if and when Michel Barnier declares "decisive progress"

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
May wastes more of my hard earned tax money on another wasted trip to Brussels.
After the last disaster in Salzburg the EU asked for a bit more, she went back with nothing, just like Cameron, absolutely useless in EU summits.
Said all along that I may have voted leave if I did not know that the collective leaders and the hard line EU negociators would run circles around our pathetic, clueless, infighting mess of a Government and our joke of a PM.
Still a slim chance of some sort of deal I suppose.
At the moment this is only going to lead to a disaster for The UK and an even more divided country.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

The two men & two dogs were in the heartlands of the leavers in Lancashire. He's irrelevant now.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Oh dear, it seems " Nothing has Changed "... Didn't see that coming. I can only assume May keeps blundering on on order to top up her pension pot?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
He's already forgotten nobody gives a tinker's curse what he gets up to :lolol:

Only last month you started a thread Farage Watch 2018, a follow up to your previous post-referendum Farage Watch thread.
And one whole post after declaring you dont care what he gets up to, you post, with a link, what he has been getting up to.
You have an odd way of showing you dont give a tinkers curse what he gets up to.........its almost as if you are the opposite and obsessed.

:ffsparr:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Care to give me the single biggest opportunity we are currently missing attached to the world's biggest trading block?

Not to mention the 50+ trade deals member states can access with non-members...………………………….The case for chasing our own bespoke deals has never really been convincingly argued, other than vague references to the alleged high growth rates of non-EU countries (some of which are covered by these collective EU trade deals anyway) and frankly stupid anecdotage that, say, a given African nation is very keen to trade with us. In the early days of post-Brexit euphoria there was a lot of talk of increased trade with the USA...……..and then Trump opted for protectionism.

This issue might be a key part of the case for Brexit but my goodness it's a weak one.

Liam Fox in a 2017 interview with Poltico:

“You’ve got this tension between European businesses who want to get on and the political overlords who have this almost theological attachment to ever-closer union. Businesses will increasingly make their voices heard. We would all be wise to listen to those,” Fox said.

Boris Johnson, 2018: "Fu*k business"

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here