Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Free movement - of capital, goods, services *and* labour - is the basis of the single market, not the EU.

One would think you understood the institutions you want to leave.

and free movement of labour means you have the right to work. still have to show passport to travel to and from nations, except Schengen area waves those checks. because Eurotunnel goes Schengen to non-Schengen there is passport control, and back to original point, no disruption due to brexit.

Last edited:

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I take roughly 50-60 flights per year, the majority into Schengen countries. Naturally I’ve been subject to passport checks in many airports in many countries. My view, as a regular traveller, is that whatever deal we do (or don’t) get, disruption at passport control will be minimal.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I take roughly 50-60 flights per year, the majority into Schengen countries. Naturally I’ve been subject to passport checks in many airports in many countries. My view, as a regular traveller, is that whatever deal we do (or don’t) get, disruption at passport control will be minimal.

Then I really don't think you understand the difference between chequers - - and 'no deal'

I'm trying to have a quiet night with Mrs Wz. I really can't be arsed to explain this AGAIN :rolleyes:

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Then I really don't think you understand the difference between chequers - - and 'no deal'

Here he is. The threads Top Nause. The Archbishop of Nausebury. Nausing his way around the world wide web.

Why don’t you do that thing where you post a picture of Mystic Meg then say “Tick Tock”. Go on, you haven’t done it for a few hours. Or mentioned your soppy mate who works in government. Then a post a couple of emojis and the jobs a good un.

You textbook ****.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Here he is. The threads Top Nause. The Archbishop of Nausebury. Nausing his way around the world wide web.

Why don’t you do that thing where you post a picture of Mystic Meg then say “Tick Tock”. Go on, you haven’t done it for a few hours. Or mentioned your soppy mate who works in government. Then a post a couple of emojis and the jobs a good un.

You textbook ****.

You could have just said 'no, I don't understand the difference' :shrug:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I'm trying to have a quiet night with Mrs Wz. I really can't be arsed to explain this AGAIN :rolleyes:
*No deal* is food and fuel shortages, kent turned into a lorry park, millions out of work, civil unrest, army on the streets, planes grounded, eurotunnel shut, and then the Civil Contingencies Act invoked.

Whereas Chequers is just a moderately poor deal, but life goes on for the most part.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

So you fly primarily within the EU and you’re using this experience to pass judgement on how flying between EU and non-EU might be?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
So you fly primarily within the EU and you’re using this experience to pass judgement on how flying between EU and non-EU might be?

Having just been to the USA getting through customs was quite a lengthy affair took around 3 hours in total, I guess somthing similar but not a lenthy will be applied after Brexit

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What I’m saying is I often see how airports in the EU deal with arrivals from non-EU countries and the reality is that it’s really not that bad.

But you’ll surely notice non-EU queues are way longer and don’t allow the use of ePassport gates?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
This intra-EU travel matter seems to be a case study of

- will it be as good as it is now? (no)
- just how much less good will it be? (not sure)
- why are we inflicting this on ourselves and others? (because of historic splits within the Tory party)
- did we all realise this when we voted in the referendum?(no)
- how many of the Brexit-related changes fall broadly in this category of Worse Than We Have Got Now? (very many- some we already know about, others we have yet to grasp))
- when you add all these up was it really worth leaving? (make your own mind up, you ninny)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Looks like it will kick off big time this week as press leaks a deal is done

I hope the DUP vote down May’s budget....that will be funny.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Easily the worst queues for non EU passport holders that I tend to see are on arrival into the UK.

This we can agree on. I’m also starting to hear stories about a new and aggressive approach by Border staff...the way they treated an Australian girl I know was a bit disturbing. I hope these are just isolated and not the start of something new.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
A good right wing ranter is Letts. As he says, hardly anyone wants the miserable Brexit we're on course to get. His mistake, probably intentional, is to say that what the people want is a proper high octane Brexit. Little evidence of this. The combined results of dozens of polls haven't shown a majority for Brexit (all varieties from Norway to No deal) since March 2017. Remain remains measurably ahead.

Hence the venom of the No Vote on the Deal shouters.

Stop your whining, you have been told repeatedly by leavers there is a perfectly acceptable vote that can be had on the deal, one that respects the initial democratic vote as well and doesn’t weasel out of democracy.

DTRWk-wXcAADg8x.jpg

I think he understands it just fine
But that’s rich coming from the bloke who didn’t know a concluded trade deal comes after we Leave, who didn’t realise the chequers proposal and the withdrawal agreement were separate entities and thought the chequers proposal was THE Withdrawal Agreement, then got confused about the difference between The European Union (withdrawal) Act and The Withdrawal agreement with The EU……..have another hat, you seem to have worn your last one out.:dunce:

Surprised Mystic Meg didn’t warn you that you were going to be so clueless.

*No deal* is food and fuel shortages, kent turned into a lorry park, millions out of work, civil unrest, army on the streets, planes grounded, eurotunnel shut, and then the Civil Contingencies Act invoked.

Whereas Chequers is just a moderately poor deal, but life goes on for the most part.

You’ve got to laugh how May has managed to control the rhetoric over the red herring “no deal” with some carefully worded contingency papers and managed to manipulate remoaners (not the same as remainers) into now subconsciously backing a chequers deal over a no deal. She has managed to get them, with their love of doom and Armageddon, working for her and they don’t ever realise it.

Having just been to the USA getting through customs was quite a lengthy affair took around 3 hours in total, I guess somthing similar but not a lenthy will be applied after Brexit

3 Hours? You must have gone to a shit airport. Breezed through Atlanta in under an hour recently.
Just recently picked up some yank friends from Gatwick, they were through passport and customs and in the arrival hall 40 minutes after landing. Its not the first time they are getting through much quicker than in the past either, Gatwick seems to be getting much quicker at processing. Pretty sure the US are not in the EU.

This intra-EU travel matter seems to be a case study of

- did we all realise this when we voted in the referendum?(no)

Why didn’t you realise intra-EU travel would change and be different if a leave vote won.
The leave voters knew things would be different if we were out of the EU and freedom of movement ended.
Were you asleep during the referendum process? Are you representative of remain voters in general, did they in general not realise either? How are you only waking up to this now?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here