Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Insufferable bore.

But you will still take the standard Brexiteer line and run away again rather than explain how 'no deal' (the thing you claim you want) is going to work :bigwave:

*edit* For a bit of fun, can I prove you're a moron before main course arrives (I've already ordered, so you have a chance)

*edit further* Mrs Wz is getting pissed off - I'll get back to you

Last edited:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Bless, confused again. I'll try and explain simply.

There were two choices on the referendum.

You voted for Theresa May's soft Brexit plan.

I voted to remain.

One thing is certain. You won't be getting what you wanted. Still hurts doesn't it.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Leave means leave

Leave means leave.

The thing is fellas, you're just trotting out a meaningless political soundbite with no substance. It's no different to Brexit means Brexit. It's just words. I'll give you a literary example:

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less."
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Then W z or dave asks you about the technical, practical, infrastructural and logistical issues that your preferred no deal would entail and get called idiots or bores for asking. The thing here though fellas is I understand the point you two make in response entirely, because I can think of another example from 19th century literature that sums it up quite adroitly, though one should never confuse you two as the Red Queen in Alice through the Looking-Glass here, with the Queen of Hearts from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, as they're entirely different:

"Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said: "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

Though when you two mention your no deal preference despite all the consequences that would ensue with the Brexit cliff edge exit, I'm always reminded not of Lewis Carroll, but of Rob Reiner's cinematic masterpiece 'This is Spinal Tap' and Nigel Tufnell's conversation with Marty DiBergi about what you do when you actually want 'that extra push over the cliff' with the amplifier sound and his explanation as to why:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The thing is fellas, you're just trotting out a meaningless political soundbite with no substance. It's no different to Brexit means Brexit. It's just words. I'll give you a literary example:

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less."
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Then W z or dave asks you about the technical, practical, infrastructural and logistical issues that your preferred no deal would entail and get called idiots or bores for asking. The thing here though fellas is I understand the point you two make in response entirely, because I can think of another example from 19th century literature that sums it up quite adroitly, though one should never confuse you two as the Red Queen in Alice through the Looking-Glass here, with the Queen of Hearts from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, as they're entirely different:

"Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said: "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

Though when you two mention your no deal preference despite all the consequences that would ensue with the Brexit cliff edge exit, I'm always reminded not of Lewis Carroll, but of Rob Reiner's cinematic masterpiece 'This is Spinal Tap' and Nigel Tufnell's conversation with Marty DiBergi about what you do when you actually want 'that extra push over the cliff' with the amplifier sound and his explanation as to why:

That is exactly where we are with Brexit

A big fat THIS

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Another minister resigns tonight, Sam Gyinah the university minister chucks it in to campaign for another vote

He has indeed resigned but he hasn't called for a second vote.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You get simple things like mars and venus muddled up, so whatever you say is highly likely to be utter random bullshit.

A classic statement given you didn't know what the EEC was, think the EU would have looked at any plans outside the framework of A50 and that FoM should be global !!! :facepalm:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It's quite shocking how he has stayed so long given what any form Brexit is going to do to universities.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Attachments

• skynews-fuel-protests-paris_4505450.jpg
    skynews-fuel-protests-paris_4505450.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 136

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Screenshot-2018-11-30-09.44.26.png

Extraordinarily, after the last two and a half weeks which have seen the Tory civil war laid bare, an attempted ‘not-a-coup’, cabinet and ministerial resignations, and a deeply unpopular launch of a far from satisfactory Withdrawal Agreement… the Tories are leading Labour by 40 – 35%.

Brexit-52-48-678x355.jpg

New DeltaPoll research has found that if a second referendum were held, the public would back ‘No Deal’ over ‘Remain’ by 52-48%.

https://order-order.com/

:whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here