Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
as I said
regards
DR

The whole idea of this board is to reply to posts. It wouldn't last long were that not the case. I cannot help that you don't like the responses your gibberish garners.
I forgot you don't like exchange of ideas or discussion. A simple, childish repetition of "We're on our way" avoids you having to actually add substance to your claims or face scrutiny. As we all know your blatherings would be taken apart by the slightest bit of light shone on them.

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017
DoV_x9_XoAY1gs5.jpg

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
There is some concern within the TV industry regarding broadcast licencing. 100s of channels available in the EU actually originate from the UK even if they aren't available over here.

A lot of these channels share video but subtitles and or audio (and local advertising) are added at transmission. Effectively a single channel can go into a number of countries simultaneously. The same applies to VOD services.

It's a big industry in the UK.

Simply speaking our regulator (OFCOM) can currently an issue an EU wide broadcast licence. After Brexit it can't unless some agreement is put in place.

So it leaves the broadcaster with two options. Attempt to get single agreements with every EU country it broadcasts to or (much simply) move the offices to another EU country. You don't need an agreement with the UK because you never transmitted there anyway.

London is basically the capital of the EU broadcast industry. One of those industries that likes to centre around one particular place. Turner and CNN EU headquarters are in central London, MTV are in Camden, Discovery in Chiswick etc.

All the technology is going cloud based, but the administrative staff are people in offices doing admin type stuff. The Irish government are already putting the feelers out.

Can't see why the EU would make the London broadcast industry special case because it doesn't have to.

Its far easier than moving a bank.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

Most other clubs listen to the concerns of their members and improve the service. They understand that without the members and their membership fees there is no club.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It’s quite funny isn’t it?

It’s such an absolute mess and as predicted before the Brexiteers are trying to blame everyone but themselves and the lies they brought/told.

The country is a mess and it’s only going to get worse.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

It’s such an absolute mess and as predicted before the Brexiteers are trying to blame everyone but themselves and the lies they brought/told.

Yep. Post above yours is a perfect example.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
There is some concern within the TV industry regarding broadcast licencing. 100s of channels available in the EU actually originate from the UK even if they aren't available over here.

A lot of these channels share video but subtitles and or audio (and local advertising) are added at transmission. Effectively a single channel can go into a number of countries simultaneously. The same applies to VOD services.

It's a big industry in the UK.

Simply speaking our regulator (OFCOM) can currently an issue an EU wide broadcast licence. After Brexit it can't unless some agreement is put in place.

So it leaves the broadcaster with two options. Attempt to get single agreements with every EU country it broadcasts to or (much simply) move the offices to another EU country. You don't need an agreement with the UK because you never transmitted there anyway.

London is basically the capital of the EU broadcast industry. One of those industries that likes to centre around one particular place. Turner and CNN EU headquarters are in central London, MTV are in Camden, Discovery in Chiswick etc.

All the technology is going cloud based, but the administrative staff are people in offices doing admin type stuff. The Irish government are already putting the feelers out.

Can't see why the EU would make the London broadcast industry special case because it doesn't have to.

Its far easier than moving a bank.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

Interesting and exactly the sort of case study that shows that the flag wavers in the Tory party and beyond really didn't have a clue about the chaos they were unleashing. OK maybe relatively few jobs will be lost - but how will this in any way serve the interests of the UK?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The whole idea of this board is to reply to posts. It wouldn't last long were that not the case. I cannot help that you don't like the responses your gibberish garners.
I forgot you don't like exchange of ideas or discussion. A simple, childish repetition of "We're on our way" avoids you having to actually add substance to your claims or face scrutiny. As we all know your blatherings would be taken apart by the slightest bit of light shone on them.

You mean like the simple childish repetition of 'Pfft' Nibble ? It makes you look so so intelligent !

D

Deleted member 22389

What's your predictions then.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

That you still won't understand what you voted for. That you still won't understand what the options are.

That you will still keep whining and blaming everything and everyone else.

And there's also a fair chance of someone selling you some magic beans.

What has become standard Brexiteer stuff :shrug:

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

Looking back over a few dozen pages here's a list ( probably not a comprehensive one ) of predictions remainers have made should a 'No Deal' happen :

> On March 30th the UK car industry will shut down
> Patients will die as no medicine will be available
> Our meat won't be able to be exported due to lack of certification
> Planes won't be able to fly
> Northern Ireland won't have any electricity
> What food we do grow for ourselves will rot in the fields due to lack of people to pick it
> Supermarket shelves will be empty due to the previous point and that we won't be able to import any food
> The port of Dover and the surrounding road infrastructure will grind to a halt
> The pound will crash
> No new medicines will be produced
> All the banks will move out of the City of London
> TV production will move to the EU
> We won't be able to drive in Europe
> The previous point doesn't matter though as we won't be able to travel to Europe anyway due to FoM stopping
> Thousands of ex-pats will become stateless
> The NHS will collapse
> Plooks will implode with fury

It will be interesting to bounce these predictions on 30th March 2019 :lol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That you still won't understand what you voted for. That you still won't understand what the options are.

That you will still keep whining and blaming everything and everyone else.

And there's also a fair chance of someone selling you some magic beans.

What has become standard Brexiteer stuff :shrug:

And that he will also mention he has Italian relatives again, and again, and.... :lolol:

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Looking back over a few dozen pages here's a list ( probably not a comprehensive one ) of predictions remainers have made should a 'No Deal' happen :

> What food we do grow for ourselves will rot in the fields due to lack of people to pick it
> Supermarket shelves will be empty due to the previous point and that we won't be able to import any food
> The port of Dover and the surrounding road infrastructure will grind to a halt
> The pound will crash
> The previous point doesn't matter though as we won't be able to travel to Europe anyway due to FoM stopping
> The NHS will collapse

Predictions? You mean exaggerations of what people have said?

D

Deleted member 22389

> The pound will crash
> The NHS will collapse

Thank you for the list.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Most other clubs listen to the concerns of their members and improve the service. They understand that without the members and their membership fees there is no club.

That's a ridiculous analogy. The EU has a democratic structure in place (several, in fact) where members' concerns can be aired and dealt with. It so happens that many of the UK's concerns aren't shared by other members, so nothing was done - but that's no different from any other club.

In this instance, the UK has decided that its concerns are such that it wants to leave the club. What you seem to want is someone leaving the club having the exact same privileges as those still in it: I know of no other club that lets former members do this.

I do get exasperated by some of my fellow leavers who post bone-headed statements like that - it gives the impression that all leavers are idiots, which just isn't true.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Predictions? You mean exaggerations of what people have said?

Fabricated list.

Go and check for yourself - every single one of those points* has been suggested, implied or explicitly said ( including the now traditional posting of other peoples Twitter posts ) on this thread. It's not my fault how utterly ridiculous and exaggerated it looks when all put in one list ..... but then the remain campaign rather liked hyperbole didn't it !

* OK, I made up one :lol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Go and check for yourself - every single one of those points* has been suggested, implied or explicitly said ( including the now traditional posting of other peoples Twitter posts ) on this thread. It's not my fault how utterly ridiculous and exaggerated it looks when all put in one list ..... but then the remain campaign rather liked hyperbole didn't it !

* OK, I made up one :lol:

ie, I can't be arsed to go and find the quotes so I'll make up a list of things I think I remember being suggested or implied somewhere over the last 2 years. You could have a future in politics :lolol:

Still backing 'no deal' ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here