Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Again you try to say cheap foreign labour when I told you the wages were the same for everyone on the factory floor. Agenda?
In my line of work cheap labour is what has kept down our wages for years. Then as if by magic after the referendum they have began to rise. Now call me sceptic but there may be a coincidence there. Now we've all been led to believe that all these workers are much needed highly skilled workers. Highly skilled? Do me a favour. Most of them are nothing but chancers taking a punt at their 'skill'. I know this because unlike a lot of you self righteous people on this thread I actually am in what you would call the front line. I work with them.
As for hard work they start after us . I start on site 7.30. They are forever in the smoking shed and come 3pm you can't see them for the dust.
This comes from someone who is in the know. Me.

Jan 30, 2008
In my line of work cheap labour is what has kept down our wages for years. Then as if by magic after the referendum they have began to rise. Now call me sceptic but there may be a coincidence there. Now we've all been led to believe that all these workers are much needed highly skilled workers. Highly skilled? Do me a favour. Most of them are nothing but chancers taking a punt at their 'skill'. I know this because unlike a lot of you self righteous people on this thread I actually am in what you would call the front line. I work with them.
As for hard work they start after us . I start on site 7.30. They are forever in the smoking shed and come 3pm you can't see them for the dust.
you're talking to an ex student :timmy:
regards
DR

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
It isn't just their problem,obviously.I am trying to get that across.A lot of remain posters try to say it's all our problem because we voted Leave,but that is just arrant nonsense of the kind percolating out of Gideon's poison pen.The seemingly total lack of progress being drivelled about on here is also totally untrue,but to get it all sorted by next year will be very hard,even with goodwill on both sides.Something that seems singularly lacking in Selmayr's makeup.The only thing that would allow frictionless trade as per the status quo would require a massive shift in the EU's position which I very much doubt will happen until the s**t actually hits the fan.With very rocky times ahead of us for the Euro,sooner than I thought because of fairly large exposure to Turkish debt,they might be too distracted to react in time.I think you would need to ask a trade expert (not an internet windbag ITK) if declaring EU goods tariff free after we leave is even legal under World Trade rules due to free competition rules.

With respect, the whole tenor of your post was that calamity at the docks would be 'their problem'.

It would not be illegal to declare EU goods tariff free as long as you treated other countries' goods likewise. Minford and presumably one or two other Brexit economists are in favour of that of course. One thing's for sure - if we are going to retain the wonderfully frictionless trade we have now then SOMEONE'S position is going to have to change massively.

I can't dispute your statement that the euro is about to hit the rocks because I'm no currency expert although I suppose we can note that the government has apparently been piling into euros and now holds more of them than of dollars. That hints at a different view.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

I was talking about factory floor workers at a local firm in Newhaven. I can't answer for your place. What nationalities are these chancers?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I mever said banning private schools would make other schools better. You need to invest in other schools to make them better! Banning private removes class segregation and will probably get the rich ruling class off their arses to actually help improve the other schools as it directly affects them now!

Yes you have.........only a few words later in this same reply, where you literally say banning private schools will cause other schools to be better.
You dont know whether you are coming or going.
We are going to need bigger hats.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Schools. All of society could do with paying more towards schooling. Mind..if I were real rich I would pay and support but still spend 200 grand a year on my kids education. Privately.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Sounds good to me. You can make it 8p+ for the highest bracket and 0p for the lowest end as well. We need and want educated individuals and we should pay for it!

I take it back - the state education system must be poor because your maths is appalling. 8p on the higher tax rate wouldn't even scratch what you need to raise. You really have a hatred of the 'rich' don't you ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So the people going to university are paying twice? That seems fair. Everyone benefits from university educated individuals. But you should answer my question: why do you think it ok to punish one set of essential workers and not another set of essential workers?

I didn't answer your question because I don't believe anyone is being punished. So now your turn - how are you going to fund this ? And I mean with actual figures not soundbites.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here