Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’ve avoided this thread until now but from observing Brexit so far I am amazed so many are still pro-Brexit despite it being a massive leap of faith with no real detail or understanding the impact of it. I wonder if these same people are so reckless in everything they do

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
PMQs should be interesting today, unless Corbyn decides to bang on about something totally unrelated that is.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
PMQs should be interesting today, unless Corbyn decides to bang on about something totally unrelated that is.

if you were a betting man what would back... i'm going for foreign policy in Africa.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I’ve avoided this thread until now but from observing Brexit so far I am amazed so many are still pro-Brexit despite it being a massive leap of faith with no real detail or understanding the impact of it. I wonder if these same people are so reckless in everything they do

Its an interesting question.

From a financial perspective they are less likely to take a risk in life to better themselves, instead blame others for their own shortcomings. The scapegoat of the moment is the EU and foreigners. After Brexit it will be something else

Why are they reckless with regard to Brexit? Many just feel the negative effects of Brexit will exclude them and the benefits, pensions, and high standard of healthcare we have will be untouched by the economic fallout

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

A tour de force from the Prime Minister... left Corbyn clutching at straws.

"The only hard border around here is right down the middle of the Labour Party" :laugh:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Mrs May " There are a couple of issues we are still working on.. " :rotlf:

Where is Titanic today ?

Ah, Tim Brooke-Taylor has appeared !

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
A tour de force from the Prime Minister... :

Don't be silly, she has no answers so turned to the old trick of shoddy, get out of jail, attacks. This whole nothing is agreed until everything is agreed stuff is not going to fly.

Corbyn could have done better though.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Don't be silly, she has no answers so turned to the old trick of shoddy, get out of jail, attacks. This whole nothing is agreed until everything is agreed stuff is not going to fly.

Corbyn could have done better though.

She really is an embarrassment, everyone who has dealings with her runs rings around her. Trump bully's her, her ministers tell her what to do and Junker and Barnier don't know who is in charge of negotiations, is it Arlene Foster, David Davis or her ? I'm amazed she is still in place.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
She really is an embarrassment, everyone who has dealings with her runs rings around her. Trump bully's her, her ministers tell her what to do and Junker and Barnier don't know who is in charge of negotiations, is it Arlene Foster, David Davis or her ? I'm amazed she is still in place.

Everyone? Does that include the hapless Corbyn :laugh:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
1) Yesterday you got confused over what and where Ulster is.
2) Today you somehow equate intelligence with retirement.
3) You asked, what I feel, is a dumb rhetorical question about my mental well-being which I feel you are now dwelling on to divert attention from your own stupidity yesterday. I don’t tend to shy away from questions and did my best to answer all of [MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION]s MHRA queries the other week; if you care to elaborate and explain why I shouldn’t treat your question with contempt I’m happy to answer. Maybe start by explaining how you came to this conclusion?

Put him on Ignore HT, so much more fun.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Hapless Corbyn ? ah yes, deflection. He definitely is in need of a couple of good mantras before he can assume office but they have all been stolen by the Maybot.. "Strong and Stable" ...... now how well did that one go ? how about " Nothing has Changed " ? now that one is going well, we are still in the crap. Anyone could do better than May.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

Have to agree with you. The idea of a British PM being played by (of all people) the leader of a party such as the DUP strips May of any slivers of credibility. The PMQs were squirmavision especially when Liam Fox's earlier comments about the easiness of the Brexit negotiations were cited. Earlier Andrew Neil skewered the hapless Tory minister who drew the short straw and turned up. Davis, Fox and May all seem to be locked in a private "I'm more incompetent than you" competition..............while Boris lurks in corners, biding his time and re-reading biographies of Winston.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Interesting to note the questions in PMQ's from the triumvirate of Tory Brexit odd-balls - Bone, Rees-Mogg and Jenkin. They appeared distinctly tetchy.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Personally I feel that he can't lead the party through Brexit, as he doens't really know what he thinks about it all, and May actually did well to make a point of this, even if it was when she was deflecting an uncomfortable question she couldn't answer.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I wonder how many of those who voted Leave last June voted for a situation where the British Government was a laughing stock being held to ransom by religious nutters in Northern Ireland and who not only are totally ballsing up the negotiations but seemingly haven't even bothered to ask themselves "hmm, I wonder what it all means when we do it"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here