Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I know you have your reputation to keep up Trig, but honestly
:rolleyes:

The lie was initiated and written by the marketing people employed and then approved by the vote leave campaign. They all knew it was a lie, and they all endorsed it by having their photos taken standing in front of the lie, printed on a bus. I really can't see how you can say they didn't ?
And I don't see how you can say that every politician in every election campaign endorses everything printed by that campaign.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I know you have your reputation to keep up Trig, but honestly

The lie was initiated and written by the marketing people employed and then approved by the vote leave campaign. They all knew it was a lie, and they all endorsed it by having their photos taken standing in front of the lie, printed on a bus. I really can't see how you can say they didn't ?

My Leave friends have dismissed all this as All politicians lie. Ok that makes this complete mess, ok then?
Never mind the actual crimes that are being investigated by the NCA.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
:rolleyes:

And I don't see how you can say that every politician in every election campaign endorses everything printed by that campaign.

They probably don't, but they could have said 'No, that slogan is a complete lie and you are not getting a picture of me in front of that slogan', instead of 'Our research says how many votes ? Make sure you get my good side'

So? People don't believe that, just as they didn't believe that leaving would mean WW3.

Maybe like the Remain campaigners obviously said when asked to stand in front of a slogan saying 'Brexit will lead to WW3' :wink:

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
They probably don't, but they could have said 'No, that slogan is a complete lie and you are not getting a picture of me in front of that slogan', instead of 'Our research says how many votes ? Make sure you get my good side'

Maybe like the Remain campaigners obviously said when asked to stand in front of a slogan saying 'Brexit will lead to WW3' :wink:

I think Cummings has said that BoJo was brilliant in that he would say whatever they wanted him to without baulking at whether it was factually correct or not, which was not the case for all.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How about the poster saying it would cost every household £4,300 a year if we leave? That's clearly not going to be the case, it was a lie.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Really, is that it? I multi-quote so that's it's clear what each of my points are responding to. How is that supposed to be sweet? Do you think that's what little cute children do or something? :rolleyes:

Just like the 'people from the council estates' you were sold a pup and condone and dismiss the central part of the official leave campaign because all politicians lie, despite the country going down the pan as a result of this utter mess. I wouldn't say it's like little cute children, but it's certainly redolent of a little stubborn one.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
If, in the ugly event it all goes @rse about face, we stay then I don't feel it healthy to be part of a Hotel California organisation which proves that in order to escape its clutches you have to jump through many hoops.

They know they hold the cards, and boy are they playing them.

Few would vote now to join such an organisation, if we were out looking in.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If, in the ugly event it all goes @rse about face, we stay then I don't feel it healthy to be part of a Hotel California organisation which proves that in order to escape its clutches you have to jump through many hoops.

With all respect, that is an astonishingly shit analogy.

The 'hotel' isn't making it hard to leave, at all. They are just refusing to let us take the bathrobe, bedsheets, kettle, curtains and trouser press away with us.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
How about the poster saying it would cost every household £4,300 a year if we leave? That's clearly not going to be the case, it was a lie.

That may have been an honest assessment that also may yet become fact. Even if it dies not come to be, it could still be an honest assessment, but incorrect. The money we have paid to the EU as our contribution is a known quantity, and it is nearer £250 Million than £350 million a week. The beauty of the lie, is that it provokes the remain campaign to talk about the figure, and the whether it gets spent on the NHS or not gets less attention. People may also then question the figure, but whilst they are using critical thinking about the number, the lets spend it on the NHS gets less critical thought applied. The end result is whether you think it is £350 or £250 million, the NHS will be better funded if we leave. You have to apply some more thought to work out that it can't possibly be true.
This is a technique used by advertisers, create a diversion for the mind in one part, and the mind allows the other part of the message you really want to get across, through more easily. It's why you see those badly synced ads on TV, your mind is taking notice of the fact that the pictures don't sync with the sound, and the actual message goes in uncriticised.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'm looking to the brilliantly funded NHS when we've got no ****ing nurses or doctors to staff it. That's what I'm looking forward to.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

We helped to write the rules, and now express surprise the remaining 27 countries are sticking to them.
Other countries are applying to join.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm looking to the brilliantly funded NHS when we've got no ****ing nurses or doctors to staff it. That's what I'm looking forward to.

I have an autoimmune disease, and as such, belong to a Facebook group with fellow sufferers. Quite a few of them are now being refused naproxen saying they've got to make do with shop bought ibruprofen instead, which is nowhere as good for dealing with inflammation.
NICE and the NHS is already being run down.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Money saved on wages for vacancies it can't fill, and drug shortages after *no deal*. The NHS will be awash with money it can't spend.

Oh wait ! It won't because the funds will need to be diverted towards increased unemployment benefit costs, and the income tax take will fall, slashing the health budget.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here