Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The thing that bothers me at the moment is Sky and their constant doom mongering

https://news.sky.com/story/police-f...sruption-danger-delays-and-rationing-11555125

https://news.sky.com/video/stockpiling-food-over-brexit-fears-11555086

https://news.sky.com/story/police-plan-for-civil-unrest-after-no-deal-brexit-11493685

Like rioting will make things better, anyone who takes to the streets and riots will just make things worse, smashing up banks and shops, perhaps the odd bit of looting yeah we know what the knock on effect of that will be, brainless.

Doom mongering, or reporting the actions others are taking? It's widely acknowledged now that No Deal will result in a massive upheaval and likely break most existing supply lines for a while, which will cause medicines to become less readily available and food prices to rocket. Civil unrest in that scenario is not unlikely, Napoleon once said any society in the world is four missed meals away from revolution.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
David Davis on the radio saying that the EU have been using time pressure to get their agreement thorugh as if they were the ones who held the referendum and then triggered Article 50 without a plan. The ****ing ********.

It's unbelievable how much they lie. Nobody made Theresa May trigger Article 50. Many would have understood if she'd said 'We need to formulate a plan to negotiate our deal', before triggering it. Then they had two years to fine tune whatever they wanted.

I have never known such an omnishambles in my life, and I lived through the Suez crisis.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I have given up on Brexit, I don't really care one way or the other......

The thing that bothers me at the moment is Sky and their constant doom mongering

https://news.sky.com/story/police-f...sruption-danger-delays-and-rationing-11555125

https://news.sky.com/video/stockpiling-food-over-brexit-fears-11555086

https://news.sky.com/story/police-plan-for-civil-unrest-after-no-deal-brexit-11493685

Like rioting will make things better, anyone who takes to the streets and riots will just make things worse, smashing up banks and shops, perhaps the odd bit of looting yeah we know what the knock on effect of that will be, brainless.

Faced with the very real prospect of no deal of which contingency plans by the police and others are now belatedly afoot and the logistical supply chain grinding to a halt and acquisitive crime rising as a result and police numbers being nowhere near what they were during the 2011 riots and as pointed out in that interview it being 2018, where people dial 999 because KFC is closed rather than the 1940's and kids in short pants walking through snowy bomb sites to go to school, and comments attributed to Health Secretary Matt Hancock in cabinet on Wednesday, which are frankly incredible, I think the days of dismissing these concerns as project fear are somewhat over.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
David Davis on the radio saying that the EU have been using time pressure to get their agreement thorugh as if they were the ones who held the referendum and then triggered Article 50 without a plan. The ****ing ********.

he's not wrong, and that was always their likely approach. despite knowing this, Davis and co done did not plan or create a credible alternative. so its his responsibility in the end.

Jan 30, 2008
It's unbelievable how much they lie. Nobody made Theresa May trigger Article 50. Many would have understood if she'd said 'We need to formulate a plan to negotiate our deal', before triggering it. Then they had two years to fine tune whatever they wanted.

I have never known such an omnishambles in my life, and I lived through the Suez crisis.
Dave said leave means leave ?
regards
DR

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Project Blame goes up a gear.

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
And what is your plan?
So many people knocking Mays deal and then offer no alternative. She has at least tried to cobble something together, it’s no where near a good deal for anyone, but, it is better, marginally than no deal, and, therefore better than Mogs, Johnson Gove Fox,Davis etc has come up with.

It's not my remit to come up with a deal, that is Olly Robbins job, i was merely pointing out that Mrs May's motivation along with her EU partners was to force a 2nd referendum because the result of the 1st one was not to their liking

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
you've more than made up for it
regards
DR

Behave you twit. I enjoy plenty Britain has to offer, and if you look at my posts on the food, beer, music threads you’ll see I champion loads the country has to offer. If you only stick to the politics threads, like you do, of course you’ll see me slagging off stuff....I despise the Tories and think Brexit is a huge mistake .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The BBC adept in half-truths and not confronting speakers

[tweet]1063347723825496064[/tweet]

Gavin Esler retweeted this

[tweet]1063121561727713281[/tweet]

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

I assume the interviewer called him out on this?

Or as normal let him lie unchecked

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Behave you twit. I enjoy plenty Britain has to offer, and if you look at my posts on the food, beer, music threads you’ll see I champion loads the country has to offer. If you only stick to the politics threads, like you do, of course you’ll see me slagging off stuff....I despise the Tories and think Brexit is a huge mistake .

You'll appreciate this one..

[tweet]1063166825112969217[/tweet]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I assume the interviewer called him out on this?

Or as normal let him lie unchecked

That just echoes my post above #64612. Interviewers used to almost interrogate their guests or at least try to bring some balance. Now it is almost like giving them a platform to spread their lies.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Funny thing about Brexit at the moment is that everybody is only ever shouting about what their red lines are, and what they DON'T want. The Ship Of Fools that is the Conservative Party may well succeed in bring down TM, but which mediocrity do they propose replacing her with?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here