Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017
Funny how some people only find the negative about Great Britain and it's future in any news item,deliberately excluding any positives.The PM of Singapore has been very positive about Brexit when not talking to 'the Club'.

View attachment 101418

Mr Lee went on to say "From the economic point of view, it is hard to make the argument that you will be in a superior position outside the EU than in. But I fully understand you have other considerations which may outweigh the economic one."

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He's also the son of a market porter and charwoman,who lived in a council prefab,so knows something about being poor.Remainers seem to be insinuating otherwise.

Did he tell you this over a pint in your fantasy drinking club?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Your MP is doing what they are told to do, by their leaders. Out of 650 members of Parliament, just 59 have read what they are supposed to be voting for.

[tweet]1053023441429909504[/tweet]

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Your MP is doing what they are told to do, by their leaders. Out of 650 members of Parliament, just 59 have read what they are supposed to be voting for.

[tweet]1053023441429909504[/tweet]

If true then that's horrific BUT surely in this day and age MPs can read those reports remotely via electronic means thus meaning they didn't actually have to go to the Reading Room and therefore weren't counted ?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
If true then that's horrific BUT surely in this day and age MPs can read those reports remotely via electronic means thus meaning they didn't actually have to go to the Reading Room and therefore weren't counted ?

If true? Freedom of Information isn't made up rubbish! George Eccles is a Tory which makes it even more believable.

You can do it for yourself.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
Only a brexit-addled mind could it be considered I possible to count electronic downloads.

:facepalm: READ ( and try and understand ) the answer given to George Eccles ...... you might look a little less stupid. The clue is in point 1.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
If true? Freedom of Information isn't made up rubbish! George Eccles is a Tory which makes it even more believable.

You can do it for yourself.

My point being that the answer clearly identifies the only MPs counted were those that went to the Reading Room and requested the reports. It doesn't count those that didn't completely read them and equally those read the information via means other than visiting the Reading Room.

And thank you - I know FOI can be used by anyone.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
Doh! Not the point I was making. Anyway this George Eccles sounds a bit like he has too much expertise. I am s upprised a brexiteer is taking the opinion of an expert. I thought you didn't need them? More backtracking? How are the negotiations? Sorted anything out yet?

Good luck finding a post from me stating we don't need experts - some were right, some were wrong. So no back tracking here.

As I'm not directly involved in the negociations it would be a tad difficult for me to 'sort anything out'. How are your travel plans going for this weekend ?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
Pretty sure it was a brexit viewpoint and mentioned in the campaign. Since as you dismissed my point about the referendum being only about leaving but instead being about everything in the campaign as well you must, therefore, agree that experts are to be dismissed. You can not have it both ways.
My travel plans are fine thanks.

Show me anything, absolutely anything, from the OFFICIAL Leave campaign that expresses the viewpoint that even implies we don;t need experts.

Glad your travel plans are fine ..... look forward to seeing you on TV at the march.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Doh! Not the point I was making. Anyway this George Eccles sounds a bit like he has too much expertise. I am s upprised a brexiteer is taking the opinion of an expert. I thought you didn't need them? More backtracking? How are the negotiations? Sorted anything out yet?

To be honest I'm not sure that any (further) evidence would impel Brexiteer MPs to change their minds; and the same goes for Leavers who poster here I suspect. But let's try reversing this. Is there any evidence that would change this thread's Remainers' minds? Clearly there are some folk out there who will switch votes if there were a 2nd referendum and the net effect would be to increase the Remainer vote - although whether by 'enough' is a matter of conjecture. Perhaps this just goes to show (with tongue firmly in cheek) that Leavers are just more open-minded and susceptible to persuasion than those ghastly Remainers?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
So, let me get this straight, you wanted to see somthing OFFICIAL saying that? And an OFFICIAL leave campaigner in an OFFICIAL interview saying that it not good enough for you?

Lend me your subscription login and I'll read it.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
I do not have one!

So you've posted a link to an article which nobody can read unless they have a subscription ..... i.e. you found the headline on Google and didn't bother checking the article before posting the link. :facepalm:

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Any whinging little cupcakes going on the Losers march and in need of a safe space, You would do well to stop and have a moment of thought for this lad instead of getting your panties in a bunch.
751d707b00e283c8adf4f7fd20316c61.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
As sad as that is, what the bloody hell has that got to do with Brexit!?

I’ll tell you shall I?
It sickens Me to the pit of my stomach when I see snotty little turds stood out side Parliament claiming “Brexit stole my future”
Rancid,little no good shithouses,don’t know the meaning of a stolen future,to busy being offended on someone else behalf, if these pathetic little wastes of jizz are the future then we are well and truly ****ed.

Just airing a few thoughts.
I am allowed you know?
On our way.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
That is fine. Still not sure how the poor kid you posted has to do with it or that, frankly misguided opinion.
Does you opinion come from a position of jealousy where you see the going having more freedom than you had and now you want to take it away? Probably.

Not jealous of anyone, never have been.
And I’m not sure I fully understand the second part of your riddle.The point I was making is that this fearless lad,part of THE finest fighting service in the world was having his future taken from him over a hundred years ago so that pathetic skid marks can have a good old rant outside parliament about a democratic process that they LOST.
On our way.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here