Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It's just with the last 2 referendums in this country, no planning, infrastructure or contingencies, or even any thought at all, were put in place that were required if the vote went the other way from The Government of the day, which made them totally unrealistic at being honoured as campaigned for. Project Fear v Project Fantasy in both of those somewhat differs from the years, possibly decades, of building and creating what's required in terms of infrastructure and relevant agency bodies etc and all the unfortunate political, social and economic upheaval it'll bring and whatever other unintended consequences manifest themselves.

As for it being the British way - the next 2 referendums we'll be having in The UK will see the end of being British as I know it. Putting aside the sectarian bloodshed of the one in Ireland, at the least with the one in Scotland it'll take care of worrying about Trident renewal - Not so much the emperor with no clothes, but The P5 UN Security Council Member without a nuclear deterrent, as well as all the other falls from grace. (but with blue passports of course :thumbsup:)

Agree that the forward planning was virtually non-existent and the leaving process has been crippled by weak leadership and the parliamentary arithmetic. But that isn't a reason to ignore the largest democratic vote in UK history.

I think you are being a tad pessimistic in your predictions ...

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Agree that the forward planning was virtually non-existent and the leaving process has been crippled by weak leadership and the parliamentary arithmetic. But that isn't a reason to ignore the largest democratic vote in UK history.

I appreciate respecting democracy is what's most important to you in this ongoing car-crash- it's another variation of Brexit at any cost or as some of your other leave voters on this thread put it more unaffectedly- ' JUST LEAVE THE EU'.

We're really only going to remain and 'ignore the largest democratic vote' soundbite and stay in The EU if there is another vote and that would require a lengthy extension of Article 50 by The EU, which will only happen if 'remain' is on the ballot paper anyway and I feel that unlikely at present.

So the only way of respecting the vote and my predictions being mitigated and The UK remaining intact and limiting this self inflicted damage to some degree is EFTA, which I feel for a time limited period to begin with at least, is where we'll head once we hit the no deal rocks in a matter of a couple of months.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018

Even though the vote was fed with bullshit and scaremongering. Still if that's what the majority of the vote in the country fell for, then good luck.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I assume you are still backing Chequers - - (probably will full membership of the CU) as I seem to remember that the alternative 'no deal' you believe will simply end up with extensions to EU membership?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Even though the vote was fed with bullshit and scaremongering. Still if that's what the majority of the vote in the country fell for, then good luck.

And despite all the project fear and government propaganda 17.4 million still saw sense and voted to get us out of this stinking,bullying organisation.
On our way...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Project fear!? That is all you hear from leavers. "Oh brussels this, Brussels that, wah wah wah, sovereignty, wah wah, foreign workers blah blah" that is project fear.

Calm down flower...you’ll do a whoopsy in yer apple catchers.
On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
In our wonderful country, people are free to march and people can spend over two years bleating away on social media because they can't accept the result but I am not sure how anyone could argue what they are calling for (ignoring the first vote) is democratic.

Presumably you aren't one of these people ??????

Surely even sadder to bleat away on social media when the vote went your way.

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
General Melchett: “Field Marshal Haig (May) has formulated a brilliant new tactical plan to ensure final victory in the field.”
Blackadder: “Ah. Would this brilliant plan involve us climbing out of our trenches and walking very slowly towards the enemy?”
Captain Darling: “How could you possibly know that, Blackadder?! It’s classified information!”

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
It's wrong to label supporters of Brexit as having lesser intellectual powers than the other side. Of course most of them understand we'll be in for a rough ride for some time, in terms of economics and other things, even if none of us can be very sure how rough it'll be and for how long.

I get the feeling though that many intelligent supporters of Brexit feel comfortable heading into a storm because they know they've got the strength, money, resources etc to probably see it through okay, and are quite fine with seeing the weaker individuals in their midst suffer and lose out. The thought of others being in the shhit while they're doing okay may even appeal to them.

It's just an impression, and even if does accurately reflect reality, of course many of you Brexit supporters out there are not like this. Are there any brexiteers out there who are kind and caring towards all of their fellow countrymen, who would like to speak up and dispel my theory?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Are most of you not incredibly bored of this thread now? I dip back in occasionally to see if anything from either side has anything remotely useful to say on whatever the newest peice of scaremongering is but it’s basically the same people having the same discussions ad infinitum.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It's wrong to label supporters of Brexit as having lesser intellectual powers than the other side. Of course most of them understand we'll be in for a rough ride for some time, in terms of economics and other things, even if none of us can be very sure how rough it'll be and for how long.

I get the feeling though that many intelligent supporters of Brexit feel comfortable heading into a storm because they know they've got the strength, money, resources etc to probably see it through okay, and are quite fine with seeing the weaker individuals in their midst suffer and lose out. The thought of others being in the shhit while they're doing okay may even appeal to them.

It's just an impression, and even if does accurately reflect reality, of course many of you Brexit supporters out there are not like this. Are there any brexiteers out there who are kind and caring towards all of their fellow countrymen, who would like to speak up and dispel my theory?

There are a lot of oldies with defined benefit pensions that don't give a sh1t, they know best and feel little gratitude for the last 40 years where the country generally has generally gone from strength to strength

These people but not stupid but are just pretty selfish and contribute very little to the world around them

Jan 30, 2008
There are a lot of oldies with defined benefit pensions that don't give a sh1t, they know best and feel little gratitude for the last 40 years where the country generally has generally gone from strength to strength

These people but not stupid but are just pretty selfish and contribute very little to the world around them
priceless :shrug:
regards
DR

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not too sure I'd plunge the entire country into the abyss for £150k, but it's nice to know not everybody loses.

DqSzmJVWoAMFSC-.jpg

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'm not too sure I'd plunge the entire country into the abyss for £150k, but it's nice to know not everybody loses.

View attachment 101609

Already had a nice pay rise on the back of the fall in sterling. I guess though its all he deserves for everything he and his family have been through

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

Outstanding...
On our way.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Every day that passes Project Fear gradually becomes project reality

Capture.JPG

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Every day that passes Project Fear gradually becomes project reality

View attachment 101610
Leaving on WTO rules doesn't look good now, so we are going to *No deal, with no fallback on WTO rules*.

Will Project Blame now include the Russians, along with everybody else ?

*Any deal is better than No Deal*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here