Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And asking a senile,racist old pensioner isn't the answer either, especially when their grandchildren asked them to vote remain.
They are not long for this planet, their grandchildren have their whole life ahead of them.
Some of them thought Somalia was somewhere in Europe.

My grandchildren didn't influence my vote, nor asked me to vote either way. I know exactly where Somalia is.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
DetyUF3XcAEF-Ce.jpg

Still, blue passports. So much more important than food, fuel and medicine.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
are you saying senior citizens shouldnt be given the vote? maybe a test? only allow those that have the correct thinking to vote, that should work.

A test is not a bad idea is it? There’s lots of things you can’t do unless you’re qualified. And surely voting on the future of a nation ranks higher than, say, the ability to drive a car?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So you're condoning abusive people blaming Brexit on senile racists then? Not impressed.

Funny, but I never noticed that voting on the referendum was restricted to the over 65s. My fault - can't have been paying attention, must have been looking for my bus pass..............

No, nice straw man take down though.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
are you saying senior citizens shouldnt be given the vote? maybe a test? only allow those that have the correct thinking to vote, that should work.

No.
A test would be nice.
Not correct thinking, but the ability to think, yes, good idea beorthelm

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
View attachment 97387

Still, blue passports. So much more important than food, fuel and medicine.

Funny world innit? If that piece is correct, the vote to control our borders, could result in us throwing them open, but even that might not be enough, because "the French are militant about borders".

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Funny world innit? If that piece is correct, the vote to control our borders, could result in us throwing them open, but even that might not be enough, because "the French are militant about borders".

its not a credible scenario, the French refusing to allow goods out of the country. besides we get naff all petrol from EU so that alone should flag the validity of the story. how journalistic standards fallen.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
its not a credible scenario, the French refusing to allow goods out of the country. besides we get naff all petrol from EU so that alone should flag the validity of the story. how journalistic standards fallen.

I think the point is that once you create blockages at the ports, it stuffs every shipment, in and out.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
A test is not a bad idea is it? There’s lots of things you can’t do unless you’re qualified. And surely voting on the future of a nation ranks higher than, say, the ability to drive a car?

Maybe the first question should be 'Do you reside in the UK ?' and anyone answering no immediately has their vote removed ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Maybe the first question should be 'Do you reside in the UK ?' and anyone answering no immediately has their vote removed ?

Given the recent **** ups by the Home Office, I’d suggest steering well clear of asking this.

As a true patriot I’m willing to serve my nation and help with the questions though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

What is your issue with people living outside the U.K.? I saw you repeatedly goading another poster about this the other week.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Ever closer union allows for different paths of integration for different countries, allowing those that want to deepen integration whilst respecting the wishes of those who do not want to integrate further. The irony is that extreme political groups and populist parties argue your point, that 'ever closer union' is sinister and a threat. You could argue that brexit legitimates the breakdown of union and has emboldened nationalism/extremism. Another reason why voting for leave was a bad idea.

For different paths see deeper integration for everyone after every treaty is signed. Some go even further but we're always heading down one track. (with no specific democratic mandate) The idea the Eu is some flexible pick and mix membership club is laughable. Every new member has to give up it's currency and adopt the Euro.

Populist and extreme parties gain support when mainstream parties continually ignore the electorates legitimate concerns. They grow even stronger when the people vote in governments that seek to address these concerns who are then thwarted by the EU.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I think the point is that once you create blockages at the ports, it stuffs every shipment, in and out.

i think the point is, its continuation of project fear, making outlandish speculative claims and presenting as if this is immediate reality. arent you embarrassed in the nonsense claimed in name of remaining? i know a lot of the leaver stuff embaresses me.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'll try and make this simple, there are only two options. (The same two options as the day after the vote).

'No deal' - coming out on WTO terms, hard border for Ireland/NI, economic disaster, project fear etc, etc
No Government will do this, no matter what the political pressure, as the economic impact would ensure that party wouldn't get back into power for generations.

'Soft Brexit' - staying in the EU in all but name with a 'customs union', no hard borders, continue paying into the EU, no influence in any EU matters.
This is what the EU have wanted since the day Cameron announced a vote.

There are no other options. The Government, all political parties and the overwhelming majority of politicians recognise this, but also recognise the impact of acknowledging it. Therefor they will continue to try and fudge and delay, to keep a proportion of the British electorate happy.

The only people who are delaying things is that proportion of the electorate.

So after another 4 pages of whataboutery, I notice nobody has actually come up with any alternatives.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Some of #teameu are saying we are getting sold out to a super soft Brexit (that was always going to happen) while others are still talking up a doomsday cliff-edge. Remoanertastic!

I believe that there are now significant numbers of people saying why 'no deal' isn't and never was an option, (as i'm sure you agreed earlier). Nobody is 'talking it up', simply pointing out why it was never an option.

You little tinker punish:

*edit* Awaits 'no deal' post from NSCs resident village idiot

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The EU will not punish Britain, I believe we will be offered the best terms any non EU country has ever had. It will still be punishing on the UK, but that is on us, we can't expect to retain all the benefits of membership whilst ceasing to be members, not unless we pay into the budgets at the same rate a member would, accept all the regulations a member would and effectively be members, but what would be the point in that?

Blimey! When did this epiphany occur? What happened to all those grounded planes you talked up .. perhaps they went the same way as that oft-predicted recession.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here