Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I love all these arguments about a second referendum

There should be, oh no there shouldn't, oh yes there should - It really doesn't matter :shrug:

The simple fact, whether right or wrong, is that this Government (and i would bet any alternative one) will not go ahead with any deal without putting it back to the public, either by referendum or GE. They simply won't be prepared to make a decision on this scale, with all it's ramifications without 'spreading the responsibility [emoji38]ol:'

You can now go back to oh yes there shouldn't, oh no there should, he's behind you etc etc
Agreed. And it really isn't worth stressing about.

Que sera, sera. There will be or there won't be. We'll get what we are given and like it.

That's the way the Referendum Cookie crumbles.
Can we have a cookie and a cake - and eat them both ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And as you said, they are apparently representing the Leave voters of their constituencies by now trying to Remain in via a second referendum
Shouldnt you have posted that on the flat earth thread?

No, they aren't. They are campaigning for a second Referendum on the deal, whether to accept, renegotiate or remain. Try reading articles before jumping in with your opinion.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
David Cameron promised. He is no longer in government, as he ran away following the mess he caused.

Once again, the Referendum Act 2015, the wording is advisory.

Anyway since when did any politician keep his/her word?

The government made the promise - David Cameron just happened to be the leader of the government at the time.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I love all these arguments about a second referendum

There should be, oh no there shouldn't, oh yes there should - It really doesn't matter :shrug:

The simple fact, whether right or wrong, is that this Government (and i would bet any alternative one) will not go ahead with any deal without putting it back to the public, either by referendum or GE. They simply won't be prepared to make a decision on this scale, with all it's ramifications without 'spreading the responsibility :lolol:'

You can now go back to oh yes there shouldn't, oh no there should, he's behind you etc etc

Do you really trust this government or Labour under Corbyn to offer a final vote? There are 60 Tories and a few Labour who are so determined to leave, they won't risk a second vote.
I sincerely hope they do, as I've seen many people comment on how they thought it would be just a case of leaving, and not all the ramifications that it has caused.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
That's interesting.

I knew that Sunderland voted to leave but I was always under the impression that Newcastle voted to remain (albeit by a small majority).

The MP in question Catherine McKinnell (Newcastle upon Tyne North) was a majority leave win vote 56.8%,other Newcastle votes brought the average down, and Newcastle upon Tyne (the whole area) was indeed slightly Remain (50.7%), but we are talking about her and her constituency

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
No, they aren't. They are campaigning for a second Referendum on the deal, whether to accept, renegotiate or remain. Try reading articles before jumping in with your opinion.

Yes its a basic IN/OUT referendum all over again, it the same weasel stance the Liberals have, try and be honest and not just echo sleazy weasel politicians.

If you want a democratic second referendum, the choice is to Leave with the deal or leave without the deal, it respects the vote to Leave. Adding an extra clause that a rejection of the deal also means we just stay in is ridiculous and typical of the toxic brand of remoaners. You might get 100% of remainers rejecting the withdrawal agreement because they simply want to ignore the original referendum and 100% of leavers rejecting the withdrawal agreement as too rubbish,but still want to Leave.......what a stupid suggestion you lot are trying on.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes its a basic IN/OUT referendum all over again, it the same weasel stance the Liberals have, try and be honest and not just echo sleazy weasel politicians.

If you want a democratic second referendum, the choice is to Leave with the deal or leave without the deal, it respects the vote to Leave. Adding an extra clause that a rejection of the deal also means we just stay in is ridiculous and typical of the toxic brand of remoaners. You might get 100% of remainers rejecting the withdrawal agreement because they simply want to ignore the original referendum and 100% of leavers rejecting the withdrawal agreement as too rubbish,but still want to Leave.......what a stupid suggestion you lot are trying on.

Classic Brexiteer. Stand there with your fingers in your ears, saying la la la, can't hear you. A binary vote was disastrous because the vote to leave was a complete unknown.
A second referendum would have several options, one of which would be to remain.
What are you so afraid of?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Classic Brexiteer. Stand there with your fingers in your ears, saying la la la, can't hear you. A binary vote was disastrous because the vote to leave was a complete unknown.
A second referendum would have several options, one of which would be to remain.
What are you so afraid of?

I know you lot have little regard for our parliamentary democracy as shown by your willing to allow more law making powers to drift to Brussels, year after year, but parliament voted to have a binary referendum,most of you were cock a hoop at the chance of the binary option putting to bed the Europe question........until of course you lost. So forgive me if i dont care for your sudden screeching and whining now because you unexpectedly lost
I am not afraid of that vote,as enough people on the remain side recognise the original vote should stand, i am concerned with the irreparable damage you weasels will do to democratic accountability and the whole relationship the public has with parliament if you insist on ignoring the original vote because you still can to terms with it.
Why are you so afraid to respect a democratic vote,respect parliament for delegating the decision to us, respect parliament for voting to start the withdrawal process, Leave the EU and campaign to rejoin after we have left. If you are so confident doom is going to happen when we leave, you will have no problem persuading the public to rejoin.

But you dont want that route do you, because you are weasels.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

The referendum on Thursday,
23rd June is your chance to
decide if we should remain in
or leave the European Union"

"This is your decision. The
Government will implement
what you decide."

I will repeat

what you decide."

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
The referendum on Thursday,
23rd June is your chance to
decide if we should remain in
or leave the European Union"

what you decide."

I will repeat

what you decide."

Despite being fed bullshit by both sides, youre stuck with it you mean?
Considering the divisions this vote has caused in the country, with confusion, smoke and mirrors, and downright lies. A second vote would be sensible imo but that thought terrifies Brexiteers for some reason.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Considering the divisions this vote has caused in the country, with confusion, smoke and mirrors, and downright lies. A second vote would be sensible imo but that thought terrifies Brexiteers for some reason.

And how would a second referendum unite the country exactly ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I've asked lots of them and on here, which sort of Brexit they want. I've given them the options but they still don't give me the definitive answer. Even the Brexit MPs don't understand the difference with EEA, Shengen and other such nuances, nor can they supply answers to the Irisih border and Gibraltar.

As for handing powers to Brussels, they really don't understand how democracy works.

So come on Brexiteers Norway, Swiss, Canada, Hard Brexit, Soft Brexit, Customs Union, Free Movement etc etc. Please tell us your preferences.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
No. You almost implode with post after post whenever the subject is mentioned. It scares you.

I admit the thought of disingenuous undemocratic weasels pissing all over democracy and not caring one speck about the damage they are contemplating doing to it does scare me, I hate how much these idiots are willing to cause irreparable harm to parliamentary accountability and simply don’t care. Im not surprised one iota at how they have spectacularly wet the bed and are conducting themselves though, they have been doing it for years.

The division is 100% entirely the fault of the remoaners (not the same as remainers), who refuse to accept the democratic vote. You only have yourselves to blame.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
It's amazing that democracy only seems to apply to one referendum in 2016. Democracy applies every day in Parliament and the House of Lords. It's not a final be all and end all.
People learn and move on. The world constantly changes.

No not at all. I'm just sick of remainers telling us that we wanted democracy. Then do the undemocratic task of trying to stop Brexit. I voted leave not for democracy that they bleat on about but to actually leave the EU. Why can't the remainers accept that piece of democracy. After all they love democracy all of a sudden. You're right the world changes and it changed massively 2 years ago. Accept it and move on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here