Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 22389

:tantrum::tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble::drama::rolleyes::bla::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:
Absolutely no mention of the other 100 or so food producing countries under EU tariffs we will be able to trade with.Don't you like the idea of food prices in the shops going down?

Just more meaningless babble on twatter. It's so fing boring isn't it.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Seem to be in no mans land right now, just waiting for the next set of delusion from the government. Will they ever face reality?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Seem to be in no mans land right now, just waiting for the next set of delusion from the government. Will they ever face reality?

when it is politically acceptable to give in, acknowledge we cant leave the EU and we have to back out. i fear that there wont be a suitably neutral atmosphere for this - instead of a round of "oh well, you tried" it will be "you're shite arrrrr, resign! new election!". so the pressure will be to keep ploughing on.

D

Deleted member 22389

when it is politically acceptable to give in, acknowledge we cant leave the EU and we have to back out. i fear that there wont be a suitably neutral atmosphere for this - instead of a round of "oh well, you tried" it will be "you're shite arrrrr, resign! new election!". so the pressure will be to keep ploughing on.

But we can leave the EU. Nobody owns us. Does the EU own you?

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Things is, I cant see when it will be Politically acceptable for May to push forward on anything. There may well be a snap Election in November (following the Party conferences), caused by May wanting to break the deadlock, or the Brexiteers bringing her and her party down.

Should there be an Election, then all bets are off about what kind of Brexit there is, or even if it happens.

What an absolute mess we are in.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Things is, I cant see when it will be Politically acceptable for May to push forward on anything. There may well be a snap Election in November (following the Party conferences), caused by May wanting to break the deadlock, or the Brexiteers bringing her and her party down.

Should there be an Election, then all bets are off about what kind of Brexit there is, or even if it happens.

What an absolute mess we are in.

We don't need another election, what will that solve?

We need a ratification of the final deal based on the facts, not fantasy and lies from both sides.

Let the people decide how much pain we are going to take, the people will pay for it, not 10% of MP's that represent the right wing of the Tory party. If the pain is too much, and the price is too high, we need to stay in.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

We need a ratification of the final deal based on the facts, not fantasy and lies from both sides.

Let the people decide how much pain we are going to take, the people will pay for it, not 10% of MP's that represent the right wing of the Tory party. If the pain is too much, and the price is too high, we need to stay in.

I think when Hammond tells the Cabinet on Friday how much it's all going to cost he should tell us too, which is whey they should have done in the first place.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I would love a second referendum, but I simply cant see it happening. Certainly not under this Government, they are too torn apart. I see that Labours paymaster Unite is considering pushing Labour to back a 2nd referendum.

I am not advocating an Election, but it may well happen due to events. We cannot continue as we are now. The only other alternative is for May to grow a spine and lead her party, not be led by it.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think when Hammond tells the Cabinet on Friday how much it's all going to cost he should tell us too, which is whey they should have done in the first place.

They won't of course because then the public would demand a ratification vote

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If the pain is too much, and the price is too high, we need to stay in.

Why? I voted to leave and I was in little doubt that the decision would cause short-term economic pain: both leavers and remainers alike said this. In the long run, we'll be better off out but we're going to be in for two or three years of tough times. Pretty much most leavers accept that that pain will be high so I don't see why that means we stay in

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I would love a second referendum, but I simply cant see it happening. Certainly not under this Government, they are too torn apart. I see that Labours paymaster Unite is considering pushing Labour to back a 2nd referendum.

I am not advocating an Election, but it may well happen due to events. We cannot continue as we are now. The only other alternative is for May to grow a spine and lead her party, not be led by it.
Pointless having a second referendum as that just plays into the idiotic hands of bitter remainers who just can't except the decision.The vote was "out" and fully "out" and this needs to be implemented !!
If we have a case of certain politicians being against the majority vote then these need to either be removed or they need to accept the decision ASAP and get on with it.The people who keep delaying things are the problem and the EU are laughing at us.

This country needs leadership and a very strong backbone as we've become a soft pathetic country the caves in to everything and gets walked over by everyone

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Pointless having a second referendum as that just plays into the idiotic hands of bitter remainers who just can't except the decision.The vote was "out" and fully "out" and this needs to be implemented !!
If we have a case of certain politicians being against the majority vote then these need to either be removed or they need to accept the decision ASAP and get on with it.The people who keep delaying things are the problem and the EU are laughing at us.

This country needs leadership and a very strong backbone as we've become a soft pathetic country the caves in to everything and gets walked over by everyone

Have you already started drinking ahead of tonight's game?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Not everything is about cost...
Sometimes you need to take a step back to move forwards and I'm 100% sure we will be in a super position once we've got rid of this EU.The EU needs dismantling as it will be a sess pit of poverty in decades to come and the signs are all clear to see throughout Europe.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Why? I voted to leave and I was in little doubt that the decision would cause short-term economic pain: both leavers and remainers alike said this. In the long run, we'll be better off out but we're going to be in for two or three years of tough times. Pretty much most leavers accept that that pain will be high so I don't see why that means we stay in

I think it's going to be much higher for much longer than you think.
Is there any leavers in here that will own up to regretting it, just one maybe.
Honestly I hope that they manage to pull something out of the bag but so far it is a mess of huge proportions and, get it wrong, and we are in the deep, deep shit.
I don't trust our lot to get it anywhere near right, which is the main reason I voted remain.
The cabinet or maybe all MP's should have the recess cancelled, they are all off on their holidays soon FFS.
I can see this not only going wrong but also collapsing the government.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

The pain will be masked with a large amount of borrowing, the last ten years of austerity will have been for nought, and high debt will be a burden for decades.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sometimes you need to take a step back to move forwards and I'm 100% sure we will be in a super position once we've got rid of this EU.The EU needs dismantling as it will be a sess pit of poverty in decades to come and the signs are all clear to see throughout Europe.

You'd be more believable if you could spell cess.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I agree, sometimes you need to take a step back, we should step back now from our current course and not take the final step to leave. I have to ask, what gives you the 100% certainty that we will be in a super position? I reckon it is 100% wishful thinking.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

This ratification via a peoples vote on the Final deal based on facts and not speculation with an option to remain in ……..when do you remainers want it?
Do you want this vote on the final deal before trade has been finalised,(the withdrawal deal will only have a framework for future trade and wont be concluded trade arrangements) leaving final trade arrangements open to speculation and not facts when people will be voting or do you want the vote when the future trade arrangements have been concluded and you will be armed with the facts?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I agree, sometimes you need to take a step back, we should step back now from our current course and not take the final step to leave. I have to ask, what gives you the 100% certainty that we will be in a super position? I reckon it is 100% wishful thinking.

The reality is many Brexiteers just take the view it won't effect me. If it was their own money it would be a very different story

Remainers are the true patriots, not wanting to see the country go to the dogs.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here