Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Because, as a member of the EU, we use the WTO schedules and quotas as agreed by the EU. These are not available to us after we leave, we have to negotiate our own and then, when the negotiations are complete, we will need to build systems to support whatever we negotiate.

There are 20 countries waiting to prevent us trading under WTO rules if/when we leave.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
And your belief of Brexit, where we have another 350 million a week on NHS funding, we will have the easiest deal in history and they need us more than we need them (according to leaver definitions) is something you have invented in your head, just further proof you dont know what you are talking about.

It really is a shit argument isn't it ?

It was only stupid remoaners like you that believed every single penny that went to the EU (well more than every single penny when you believed our fee was as high as 350m) was going to go to the NHS and £00.00 would be earmarked for elsewhere even though it was mentioned funds would be earmarked to cover other areas. Your continued moaning about it, and remoaners still demanding "where is the money" shows how daft you are in still believing it, and it still amazes me that when Liam Fox said when the time comes it will be the easiest trade deal in history idiots like you still moan "where is the easiest trade deal in history"? You still havnt understood that a trade deal can only happen after we have left. You made this error months ago and it still hasnt sunk in.
Are you sure you are not doing meth instead of a ball?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I'm sure myself and Pluke hold you in equal regard.Any time we try to put a point across,for example bilateral agreements,it gets howled down by the mob,or not answered by idiots like Watford nil.Hardly surprising that the constant abuse wears down one's capacity to be arsed.Don't care though-no deal is here!

Collecting grandson from school.Time for a sensible conversation!:thumbsup:

Oh this one ?

If we are not in the Single Market,we can make deals with anybody.How do you think France and Germany do deals with other countries?Do they ask the rest of the EU before they sell anything?

They negotiate their trade deals as a block. We have to have a trade agreement with the EU in order to trade with France and Germany. No trade agreement, no trade. So effectively, yes they do ask the rest of the EU before they sell anything.

We could operate under WTO but I've yet to hear anyone, who actually trades, say anything good about that idea.

If we leave with no deal then under WTO rules we can do trade deals with individual countriesThe EU has no Trade Agreement with the ANZAC countries yet,but France and Germany do trade deals with them,and don't need Malta's approval.

Not yet, but the EU are way ahead of Britain in getting one, https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/may/22/eu-trade-talks-australia-new-zealand-brexit-commonwealth whilst New Zealand raised issues with our WTO submission within the first 3 days.

I can see you're getting right on top of this trade agreement malarkey since yesterday :lolol:

It's just that the The Merry Prankster beat me to it :lolol:

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Yes, I clicked through on about half a dozen but every statement on there is from the view of the EU. It's an EU published page.

Hmmm, I have all three types of bulb and I'd certainly suggest that halogen ( which the EU forced us to adopt ) doesn't last twice as long as an incandesent bulb yet costs over twice the price. Now we have LED forced on us which cost over twice the price of a halogen - I object to paying a fiver for a single bulb.

You're using the wrong shop ! a five pack of LED GLS (bayonet) bulbs = £7.58, these are 60w equivalent, use 10w of energy and have advertised 25000 hour life span, (toolstation) much cheaper in the long run.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
It was only stupid remoaners like you that believed every single penny that went to the EU (well more than every single penny when you believed our fee was as high as 350m) was going to go to the NHS and £00.00 would be earmarked for elsewhere even though it was mentioned funds would be earmarked to cover other areas. Your continued moaning about it, and remoaners still demanding "where is the money" shows how daft you are in still believing it, and it still amazes me that when Liam Fox said when the time comes it will be the easiest trade deal in history idiots like you still moan "where is the easiest trade deal in history"? You still havnt understood that a trade deal can only happen after we have left. You made this error months ago and it still hasnt sunk in.
Are you sure you are not doing meth instead of a ball?

Stupendous

miss-the-point.png

Try reading this exchange again :lolol:

Im not, simply pointing out your belief of a soft brexit (where single market membership and free movement are kept according to remainer definitions ) is something you have invented in your head, just further proof you dont know what you are talking about.

And your belief of Brexit, (where we have another 350 million a week on NHS funding, we will have the easiest deal in history and they need us more than we need them according to leaver definitions) is something you have invented in your head, just further proof you dont know what you are talking about.

It really is a shit argument isn't it ?

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
More avoidance yet again.......when are you expecting Liam foxes easiest trade deal in history? Before or after brexit? Your moaning that it hasnt happened yet clearly still places you in the before camp......have a hat:dunce:

Maybe you should post as JC Footy Genius 'till the embarrassment subsides :blush:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Didn't the French supply the argentine military with Exocet missiles...in fact ramped up the delivery whilst the conflict was going on even though thatcher's government asked them not to...I seem to think the Haig from the US had meetings with the NATO at the time, but of course the French were not in nato!
No, they didn't, in fact it is bollocks, they stopped selling arms to Argentina as soon as the conflict started, the task force refueled in French ports on the West African coast, and they provided intelligence on what arms they had sold to Argentina. There was a team of engineers from the French Company that made exocet in Argentina at the time the conflict started, and they did fix a faulty exocet launcher after Mitterand had declared an Embargo, which should not have happened, but one of the same team also was reporting to French Intelligence, and that info was forwarded to Britain.
France was and is a founding member of Nato, and has never left, though it participates in different aspects in different ways and is independent in Nuclear Planning.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
So this deal is no better than staying in so Remainers don't like it and the Brexiters don't like it because it doesn't go far enough for them. And Sarah Woollaston is being very vocal that it's terrible for the NHS.

When can we just call this what it is, an expensive waste of time.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
So this deal is no better than staying in so Remainers don't like it and the Brexiters don't like it because it doesn't go far enough for them.

If it kills the careers of Boris, Farage and a few others it will have been worth it

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No, they didn't, in fact it is bollocks, they stopped selling arms to Argentina as soon as the conflict started, the task force refueled in French ports on the West African coast, and they provided intelligence on what arms they had sold to Argentina. There was a team of engineers from the French Company that made exocet in Argentina at the time the conflict started, and they did fix a faulty exocet launcher after Mitterand had declared an Embargo, which should not have happened, but one of the same team also was reporting to French Intelligence, and that info was forwarded to Britain.
France was and is a founding member of Nato, and has never left, though it participates in different aspects in different ways and is independent in Nuclear Planning.

I stand corrected and my memory fades. I thought there was a huge stink in the papers when Sheffield was hit by a French manufactured missile...but perhaps that was fake news at the time.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
So this deal is no better than staying in so Remainers don't like it and the Brexiters don't like it because it doesn't go far enough for them. And Sarah Woollaston is being very vocal that it's terrible for the NHS.

It is amazing how many people have apparently read the text of the agreement without seeing it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

:lolol: thats an amusing way to describe withdrawing from military command and operations for 50 years.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I stand corrected and my memory fades. I thought there was a huge stink in the papers when Sheffield was hit by a French manufactured missile...but perhaps that was fake news at the time.

They already had some in stock.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here