Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
Blimey, if that's where you get you information from no wonder you're deluded...Brexit is not going to happen, never was going to happen and the last 2 years have been a complete waste of time albeit quite funny watching the right show itself to be the party of the thick, and that's just its MP's.

Let's hope you are right.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
[tweet]1062396492894355456[/tweet]

And yet his children have a German mother .... really not sure what the problem is here. I'm sure their mother was the driver for getting them German passports.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As well as having a face like thunder on entering No.10 and leaving The HoC chamber before PMQ's earlier, Penny Mordaunt's odds have dropped to 13/5 from 3/1 on being the next cabinet minister out the door.

Esther McVey AWOL from PMQ's too. (Though she could just have been busy sanctioning benefit claimants.)

[tweet]1062709478913699840[/tweet]
Oh well. Never mind. Mordaunt was the one who lied about not having a veto to stop Turkey joining the EU. Best the snake is out.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Think the most worrying this about this while process, regardless of which side of the fence you stand, is how divisive the whole discourse has been, from top level politics to internet message boards and everything in between. If things go badly, and at least in the short term that seems likely with such inept leadership, i really worry what the reaction will be.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Every single one of these myths have been printed in the British press, and this A-Z proves every single one wrong. You have been drip fed lie after lie after lie.

https://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK/euromyths-a-z-index/

Forgive me for not believing a web site run by the EU that is trying to deny EU spin !

Can't be bothered to go into line by line detail but here's two things the EU have done ( and they are true and strangely nothing on their list ! ) :

> Provided false testing criteria for the measurement of hoover efficency thus hindering UK business
> Quadrapled the price of light bulbs

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
That Farage clip is stoopid. He doesn't care what they say to him plus he's in quite big danger of going to jail soon either way.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I tend not to bother with your repeat issues of toxic garbage,but this is so spectacularly stupid,and illustrative of your lack of any real knowledge,could not go unchallenged.Why would the ports shown on the map need any further lorry parks,customs posts,or indeed IT systems.They already deal with the rest of the World.It does exist outside the EU-perhaps you need to visit Specsavers.

View attachment 102069

They do indeed deal with the rest of the world and the EU. And when we leave the EU

Any trade that they have with the EU will need to default to trade processes, schedules and quotas for the rest of the world.
Any trade which is currently under the EU WTO schedules and quotas that we operate will need to default to trade processes, schedules and quotas for the rest of the world.

Those processes, schedules and quotas for the rest of the world are the ones that we haven't even started negotiating yet :facepalm:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Forgive me for not believing a web site run by the EU that is trying to deny EU spin !

Can't be bothered to go into line by line detail but here's two things the EU have done ( and they are true and strangely nothing on their list ! ) :

> Provided false testing criteria for the measurement of hoover efficency thus hindering UK business
> Quadrapled the price of light bulbs

You haven't looked at one of them have you? Yet, you still want to disregard it.

Yes, light bulbs have gone up but they last longer and are environmentally better.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I am and proud of it.

Given your record on spreading untrue tweets i doubt there is one single person that is surprised you enthusiastically embrace the FBPE echo chamber nonsense.
Not sure how you can be proud being a fake news enabler, but it takes all sorts nowadays i suppose.
I love how they have collectively morphed into believing there is a conspiracy against their movement being led by the BBC, who are now apparently now just a pro brexit
mouthpiece of Theresa May. They were always heading for meltdown though.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
i've accepted this argument, however recently been highlighted we import non-EU good on WTO basis. So what systems are currently used and why couldnt they be used for future?

Because, as a member of the EU, we use the WTO schedules and quotas as agreed by the EU. These are not available to us after we leave, we have to negotiate our own and then, when the negotiations are complete, we will need to build systems to support whatever we negotiate.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just read Studio 150's quote and go back to slumbering.Probably written by some clueless hack who now works for the Grauniad.You really will dig up any old rubbish to try and discredit any viewpoint that doesn't agree with your narrow opinions.NATO forces are involved,but they are not NATO missions,no matter what 'proof' you think you can dig up.As an example,if NATO are running Afghan,why are Anzac and various other non-NATO troops there?Indian Navy ships on anti-piracy.And are you saying the EU are not involved off the Horn of Africa/Somalia?

Dig up 'Any old rubbish'. These are direct quotes from the NATO website. What more reliable source for a summary of NATO activities would you like to suggest?

Seriously, at this stage I'm fast coming to the conclusion that you are simply trolling for a reaction.

Basically you are the Donald Trump of this thread.

1. Say something stupid
2, Be proved wrong.
3. Call the proof fake news, and stick your fingers in your ears.
4. Repeat.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What do you think? Maybe you have a short memory, but Scotland had a referendum a few years ago for independence. Maybe you were trying to be funny? You failed.

think its Sturgeon trying to be funny: if they want the "same deal" as NI it would require them to be part of Ireland. i dont recall that on their referendum, perhaps the next one will include a debate about being annexed to RoI, which would solve the tricky problem of having to reapply to join the EU.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
As well as having a face like thunder on entering No.10 and leaving The HoC chamber before PMQ's earlier, Penny Mordaunt's odds have dropped to 13/5 from 3/1 on being the next cabinet minister out the door.

Esther McVey AWOL from PMQ's too. (Though she could just have been busy sanctioning benefit claimants.)

[tweet]1062709478913699840[/tweet]

Another happy face

[tweet]1062725083087691777[/tweet]

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Because, as a member of the EU, we use the WTO schedules and quotas as agreed by the EU. These are not available to us after we leave, we have to negotiate our own and then, when the negotiations are complete, we will need to build systems to support whatever we negotiate.

you've sidestepped the question, was not about the quotas, about the systems in place.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here